• I still want someone different

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I’m in wait and see mode. But not angry

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • Should have kept Manny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Advertisement
From what we have seen so far, I think I am safe in saying that if we can’t WIN BIG with Mario and the staff he is putting together, then we might as well kiss winning BIG TIME goodbye!
This would suck. But could be right

Don't know how to vote here. I liked a few others cause I thought they were monster recruiters like Mario. When we started pushing Mario and I investigated more I switched from Freeze to Mario. Mario runs a program the way I like HCs to run a program. If u watch the elite programs their HC is an elite recruiter if he has the school backing him with funds. This was the best hire.

I switched before he was hired and he became my number 1

Don't know how to vote here. I liked a few others cause I thought they were monster recruiters like Mario. When we started pushing Mario and I investigated more I switched from Freeze to Mario. Mario runs a program the way I like HCs to run a program. If u watch the elite programs their HC is an elite recruiter if he has the school backing him with funds. This was the best hire.

I switched before he was hired and he became my number 1
Freeze would have NEVER been hired here...

Advertisement
It just seems like 6 months....
Because Mario's probably done nearly 6 months of work in almost 4 months of actual time. He was not my first choice, but his crazy work ethic and the changes to the program that have come with him have made me a believer in short order.
I agree. It does seem like a long time, so it’s crazy that it isn’t even four full months yet. Unfortunately, he had to put in so much work due to what the lack of depth on the team, barely a recruiting class, and building relationships for the future.

His dedication is something EYE haven’t seen in a Miami coach since I started following the team. I pray it pays off, as I know that he does not want to fail here. This is his home. He wants to bring us back to where we belong.

Mario was 1A with Lane being 1B for me. I’m not disappointed at all. I knew with Mario the whole program would do a 180 and he wasn’t the best XO guy on game day. He’s gunna build Miami right and turn us into the most talented roster in the ACC. I wanted Lane because he’s funny af and his offense is awesome to watch, but he would have dipped at a better opportunity and wouldnt leave the program better than he found it

This

Lots of folks lying in here that they always wanted Mario. I bet if this was posted at the beginning of the coaching search, it looks way different. I'm glad it's turned out the way it has though. Real excitement happening but it's not the first time. Hope this one plays out the way we're all expecting it to.

I was a big fan of Lane and Aranda. Lane for his offensive prowess and Aranda for his defensive prowess. Have come full circle on Mario since seeing how he has approached things and could not be happier with the hire.

Advertisement
Former O-lineman, he had me at that, given our woes. Because its not only a fan base who doesn't know, its also some inexperienced coaches.

Wanted Mario or Kyle Whittingham.

I experienced the Butch Davis rebuild post Errrickson and bought my season tickets immediately after Butch was hired.
This rebuild feels much more solid.

Last edited:
Wanted Lane because of what he would do with our offense, but failed to see what Mario would do from a big picture perspective.

Lane would have been great for a short window but would just be a band-aid on the program.

Can’t believe I didn’t want Mario after seeing what he’s already done the last few months.

I think we got the right guy at the right time. I wasn't really a big Mario fan before he had a chance to prove himself at Oregon. I think we got a known commodity. He was definitely the best choice for the long term success of the program because of two things. 1) he's not padding a resume for a future upgrade. He wants to be the Nick Saban of Miami. 2) He's in the business of talent acquisition. He understands that first and foremost, Jimmy's and Joes are what wins championships. We might not get the immediate results that someone like Lane Kiffin might get but over the long haul, the talent levels are going to going to be to the point where we don't need to out-scheme every opponent.

Advertisement
I like lane for consistency in offensive philosophy but I’m not mad at all. Plus, every move Mario has made has been a strong one. Really excited to see where we sit in 4 years.

“Always wanted” for me means since he beat the Buckeyes. I wasn’t on board back in 2015.

All abored da Crystalballs xpress! I pursunally wuz pullin fer Corch O. He iz smart an he tawlks da planest of em awl. But ime now awl about Maryo! Go Canes!

Advertisement
I was always camp Mario, however, I understood the allure of a Lane Train (he was my option B)

Why was it always Mario for me?
We were in desperate need of a program builder. Someone who not only knows what a modern championship program looks like but someone with the DESIRE to put in the work it takes to build one. We needed a long-term solution. Mario commands the respect of his peers for his work ethic and talented people want to attach their names to his.

I've switched. I wanted someone else but classify myself in the wait and see but not angry selection.

So far I like what I see.

I've switched. I wanted someone else but classify myself in the wait and see but not angry selection.

So far I like what I see.
No way Kiffin would've had the impact Mario has had in this short of time....not to mention there was Zero chance he would have been hired at UM.....

Advertisement
Back