MARIO- THE EPITOME OF THE COUNTRY'S HEAD COACH EXCLUDING RECRUITING

He's not a better recruiting HC than Butch....not even in the same stratosphere.

the fact that he can get such highly recruited kids to come to a program that hasnt been relevent and absolute dog **** for near 25 years is more impressive than what Butch did, IMO. Butch was obviousy 10000000 times the developer of talent than Mario is , but just straight recruiting? Yea I take the guy who can pull multiple model hotties while driving a Nissan Sentra and works as a dishwasher. He just doesn't know what to do with the model once he gets her back to his studio apartment in Hialeah.

Advertisement
the fact that he can get such highly recruited kids to come to a program that hasnt been relevent and absolute dog **** for near 25 years is more impressive than what Butch did, IMO. Butch was obviousy 10000000 times the developer of talent than Mario is , but just straight recruiting? Yea I take the guy who can pull a model hotty while driving a Nissan Sentra and works as a dishwasher.
The fact that Butch got the kids he did from 95-2000 under much dire circumstances trumps anything Mario has done. Butch was also able to get QBs and CBs, something that Mario has problems with.

The fact that Butch got the kids he did from 95-2000 under much dire circumstances trumps anything Mario has done. Butch was also able to get QBs and CBs, something that Mario has problems with.

true. Don't really care that much. Just stating that Mario is probably the worst coach in all of football, at least we can all agree on that. Have a good day, you won this internet fight this time.

edit: Next time ill make a caveat by saying mario is the best recruting coach in the modern era. Kids on the team werent even alive when Butch was doing his thing. Ancient history.

Mario the baker did it again today. Reminds me of the GT game and just as bad. Leaves the game with 3 time outs not taken in 2 halfs. We get up and then plays conservative when we had all the momentum. Shows he has no confidence in JB which was foolish. We went very deep one or two times and Jacobly dropped a potential TD pass on our first offensive play of the game. This guy plays to LOSE and if UM wants to be competitive they must hire a FT assistant coach who makes ALL day game decisions because MARIO AGAIN costs us the game. Besides his poor use of the clock what ever happened to disciplining players for their stupid penalties? He calls himself a disciplinarian but he is full of bull. Jacoby George should be asked to leave as he is a detriment to this team. There were a few ridiculous penalties against UM that cost us dearly including Bobby Washington Jr's actions. Mario, does nothing at all. These are grevious penalties and can easily permanent hurt an opposing player. This clown Mario not only does anything but continues to play them. I think the officials missed the TD that Restrepo had on the sidelines which was a crucial call. Now Mario has allowed neoptism to creep into the UM program playing his nephew today who has no right right being on the field. Someone whether its the AD or Alonzo needs to step in and point this buffoon in the right direction because Mario is a major negative to this program. All he can do is recruit and other than that he is a BIG ZERO. The fact that he is making $80 million over the length of the contract is high way robbery. Any QB in the portal who watched that game has to be blind to see that Dawson and MARIO PLAY TO LOSE. We are lucky if JB wants to come back but if he doesn't it's Miami loss and I wish him well. He will flourish and make a name for himself at another school. Mario is just a very poor head coach and he is an embaraasment to the profession. We should have won this game with competent coaching but that never ever happens! Good night and Go Canes and please resign MARIO.
JB will be a middle of the road QB. He can’t throw and doesn’t have the legs to be a running QB. He’s too stiff.

Absolutely ridiculous if you think the TO situation is overblown. That was crucial and would have changed the play calling. They didn't try going into the middle of the field and instead tried all plays right on the sidelines. Using all their TO's would have left them with about another minute extra. Sorry but that's a fact and it just shows you how ignorant Mario is.
You read the English language like Jacurri reads defenses.

I said HE HAD TIMOUTS LEFT SO THAT HE COULD THROW IT OVER THE MIDDLE AND STOP THE CLOCK.

we didn't throw it in the middle of the field because Brown can't read the field and throw it accurately into coverage.

The entire playbook was open because Mario saved the timeouts, he didn't get to use them because Brown couldn't complete a pass.

Advertisement
This is not only about yesterdays game but Mario since he’s been here.

Only way he wins halfway big ( cfb playoffs/Natty) is if he can recruit himself to the point like Butch left Coker.Where the on field talent can just overcome bad coaching and the players coach themselves almost.

Anything short of that unless Mario turns all game day coaching/decisions over to his coordinators we will be an 8 win team with the occasional 9-10 season.

And wanting to move to the B1G ? Be careful what you wish for.The teams in that league are not all juggernaut’s but overall they are a whooooole lot better than the trash we can’t beat in the ACC.

I really thought we were on the right track back to being dominant again….WRONG!!!!!

Only tracks we are on is the tracks to mediocrity.

That's some simp level thinking. I guess that explains a good bit to me. It's a complete culture thing within a culture.

And it's been a failing plan going on 20 years. I'm not a smart man, but that's just wild. It's like Jerry Jones runs the BOT. I'm thrilled recruiting is up. What the staff does with it troubles me. Next goes rough and I'm guessing things get ugly. Now I'm sure the common response will be Mario will get his 10 years. If things don't improve you won't need to worry about much after 5. Ain't no coming back if this scenario plays out that way. I'd guess next year the sux tax will jump to a level even the money mafia will clutch pearls.
That’s what I said when I found this out, that’s crazy to do it this way. You’ll put money in the program only for Mario. I hope he succeeds though because it means Miami succeeds

Culture ? Explain this building of culture when you keep running 3 out there every game as he keeps doing the same bs weekly? He’s really learned his lesson under this ” new culture“. Just like when I ripped Manny for allowing JT back after he quit . Dude was pouting and walking through drills . Needing a baby sitter to get to practice. Right then I said “ building the culture died “.

Advertisement
In an age where recruiting ace head coaches are not as important due to NIL, Mario might legit be the worst coach in all of college football.
Guess you don’t follow the Florida gaytors at all. Napier has this title and it’s not even close

Culture ? Explain this building of culture when you keep running 3 out there every game as he keeps doing the same bs weekly? He’s really learned his lesson under this ” new culture“. Just like when I ripped Manny for allowing JT back after he quit . Dude was pouting and walking through drills . Needing a baby sitter to get to practice. Right then I said “ building the culture died “.
He was a captain for the game so there’s that.

Advertisement
Mentioned that earlier as well. Gone are the days of building a team by recruiting HS kids and developing them 2,3, or 4 years. You need a coach that can outcoach the man across the field with whatever talent he has, NOW, because half your team might be gone next season.
Pin This and print it and let’s revisit this in 2-3 years because in my opinion, 💯 spot on!

Advertisement
I don't think he coached that bad today. I think yall stuck on Louisville and Georgia Tech. Only thing he did wrong was not play Citizen.
How about the horrible game plan...poor time out usage...and the inability to stay out of the OCs calls which cost us the game. Down 7 and trying to pick up a 1st down form the 40 with 28 secs left on the clock. Mario didn't even have the team prepared to play.

Can't stand Mario's mindset to start conservative fall behind then get aggressive and taken the lead and he immediately goes back to his conservative nature.Don't think he will ever change his mindset as that's his foundation.
With each game, I am just ******* appalled and just find myself getting angrier and angrier because of the expectations that have been in place since he got here in terms of the on-field product.

Then you watch other programs (Arizona last night as an example), and it’s getting to the point where I don’t want to watch other college football games because it saddens me in terms of what our on-field product looks like.

Honest question if Manny was given the same resources as Mario by the Columbus Mafia who would have more success?
Nope. I am not going down that path.

Manny is a better game day coach but program building and recruiting don’t even compare.

Advertisement
Back