MARIO- THE EPITOME OF THE COUNTRY'S HEAD COACH EXCLUDING RECRUITING

Mario the baker did it again today. Reminds me of the GT game and just as bad. Leaves the game with 3 time outs not taken in 2 halfs. We get up and then plays conservative when we had all the momentum. Shows he has no confidence in JB which was foolish. We went very deep one or two times and Jacobly dropped a potential TD pass on our first offensive play of the game. This guy plays to LOSE and if UM wants to be competitive they must hire a FT assistant coach who makes ALL day game decisions because MARIO AGAIN costs us the game. Besides his poor use of the clock what ever happened to disciplining players for their stupid penalties? He calls himself a disciplinarian but he is full of bull. Jacoby George should be asked to leave as he is a detriment to this team. There were a few ridiculous penalties against UM that cost us dearly including Bobby Washington Jr's actions. Mario, does nothing at all. These are grevious penalties and can easily permanent hurt an opposing player. This clown Mario not only does anything but continues to play them. I think the officials missed the TD that Restrepo had on the sidelines which was a crucial call. Now Mario has allowed neoptism to creep into the UM program playing his nephew today who has no right right being on the field. Someone whether its the AD or Alonzo needs to step in and point this buffoon in the right direction because Mario is a major negative to this program. All he can do is recruit and other than that he is a BIG ZERO. The fact that he is making $80 million over the length of the contract is high way robbery. Any QB in the portal who watched that game has to be blind to see that Dawson and MARIO PLAY TO LOSE. We are lucky if JB wants to come back but if he doesn't it's Miami loss and I wish him well. He will flourish and make a name for himself at another school. Mario is just a very poor head coach and he is an embaraasment to the profession. We should have won this game with competent coaching but that never ever happens! Good night and Go Canes and please resign MARIO.
Bruh I was expecting an L with OL and DL holes especially with Rutgers recruiting that and they play just like us. I said this ain’t that same Rutgers, but it doesn’t make kids transfer and they still coming. So this game was a bs game I didn’t even care about. I’ll take Ward please cause we need a qb

Advertisement
If it's even a debate we fcck up bc Manny was making I believe a quarter of what Mario is making.

I actually believe Lashlee would have done better than both. And let's not even start with Kiffin. ACC title game minimum this year and possibly an at large NY6 bowl game.
We have the dumbest administration in the country-Will never find out Mario has them hypnotized for the next 8 years.

Bruh I was expecting an L with OL and DL holes especially with Rutgers recruiting that and they play just like us. I said this ain’t that same Rutgers, but it doesn’t make kids transfer and they still coming. So this game was a bs game I didn’t even care about. I’ll take Ward please cause we need a qb
Can’t say that I expected an L - but I knew it would be uphill with a 3rd string QB, and our 2 best OL, most talented DT, and most experienced LB (who imo is made for games), and both starting Safeties all not playing ….not to mention our RB1 and arguably RB2 out as well.

And what’s crazy is we STILL could’ve won this game.

It would be REALLY interesting to see just how many of Rutgers top snap getters opted out due to transferring or due to avoiding injury prior to NFL draft aspirations.

Can’t say that I expected an L - but I knew it would be uphill with a 3rd string QB, and our 2 best OL, most talented DT, and most experienced LB (who imo is made for games), and both starting Safeties all not playing ….not to mention our RB1 and arguably RB2 out as well.

And what’s crazy is we STILL could’ve won this game.

It would be REALLY interesting to see just how many of Rutgers top snap getters opted out due to transferring or due to avoiding injury prior to NFL draft aspirations.
When u have 4’3 corner playing safety you know you are screwed. Wasn’t expecting much in already ready for next season. This was always going to be ammo for the *****ing and moaning. Pause

Video Games Yes GIF by HyperX

Advertisement
I agree. Take away the team coming out flat, going home with all your timeouts and dumb penalties, he was Saban-like.
This timeout thing is over blown. We got the ball back with 30 seconds and two timeouts. We couldn’t complete a pass so there was no need to use them. If we complete a couple balls over the middle on the final dive and use those TOs Cristobal’s strategy would have been on point. You could argue having a little more time for the last drive would have been useful but we still turned it over on downs. I don’t see how the extra time would have done us any good. JS lotsa to be mad at but the timeout thing at the end of the game is not buffoonery.

Tell that to bama Georgia Ohio State who are composed of **** near completely ha recruits and the ones that leave are normally the ones that don't pan out or get what they feel like is enough playing time.
Those staphs have been able to recruit backups equal in talent to their starters, develop them and not vomit all over themselves on game day. They can replace from within in most cases. They’re the exception.

Advertisement
Well the people that’s spending money on the program, they will only do it for Mario. So if Mario leaves do does the money
That's some simp level thinking. I guess that explains a good bit to me. It's a complete culture thing within a culture.

And it's been a failing plan going on 20 years. I'm not a smart man, but that's just wild. It's like Jerry Jones runs the BOT. I'm thrilled recruiting is up. What the staff does with it troubles me. Next goes rough and I'm guessing things get ugly. Now I'm sure the common response will be Mario will get his 10 years. If things don't improve you won't need to worry about much after 5. Ain't no coming back if this scenario plays out that way. I'd guess next year the sux tax will jump to a level even the money mafia will clutch pearls.

Leaves the game with 3 time outs not taken in 2 halfs.
Hindsight is 2020. In 4th quarter he did well by not calling them imo. Was probably planning on using them if we got sacked/didn't get out of bounds, or if there was more time left and we didn't recover the onside.

Shows he has no confidence in JB which was foolish.
JB is terrible.. we were close in spite of JB.

Advertisement
this is where Alonzo needs to step in and bring in a more forward-thinking staff, and take Mario to coaching seminars they have in the offseason to learn how to be better. I don't doubt that Mario wants to improve, ****, he's shown he can do so (ie: TAMU game).

This is how I see it right now. He's renovating a 1975 white Lamborghini Countach. He's updated the interior(OL). He's updated the exhaust(S&C). The body has been worked on but the paint job needs to be finished (Culture). His next update is the Engine (QB) so he can actually see the complete benefits for premium fuel & oil (Skill Players).

And he's the driver, who is going 70 mph on the Autobahn, cause he doesn't know how to open this ***** up and hit the throttle.

Worst HC at the U that I’ve ever seen, and that’s a fact.

Great recruiter, but will never win big here with his caveman, playing not to lose games philosophy. Reminds me of Ron Zook and Muschamp. Both great recruiters that couldn’t coach a lick on game days and were allergic to scoring points.
I'm even doubting that. We've always had high ranked classes before he showed up. Percentage-wise, not nearly enough of our recruits innthe last 20 years have translated hype to field successfully. The NFL drafts tell you that. If he brings in the one thing we need most, a top QB, then I'll reconsider.

This timeout thing is over blown. We got the ball back with 30 seconds and two timeouts. We couldn’t complete a pass so there was no need to use them. If we complete a couple balls over the middle on the final dive and use those TOs Cristobal’s strategy would have been on point. You could argue having a little more time for the last drive would have been useful but we still turned it over on downs. I don’t see how the extra time would have done us any good. JS lotsa to be mad at but the timeout thing at the end of the game is not buffoonery.
thats a valid point, but I’d rather have that 25-30 seconds on the clock for our offense. Mario went home with 2 timeouts.

Advertisement
Mario is an awful game day coach but we all knew that already.

The thing im starting to worry about is what some other posters have mentioned. Could it be Dawson is not as good as we thought? Yesterday looked identical to the play calling from GT, NC state and Virginia with no creativity on the runs and uncreative pass plays. Dawson is on potential fraud alert from me.

Absolutely ridiculous if you think the TO situation is overblown. That was crucial and would have changed the play calling. They didn't try going into the middle of the field and instead tried all plays right on the sidelines. Using all their TO's would have left them with about another minute extra. Sorry but that's a fact and it just shows you how ignorant Mario is.

Worst in game coach I’ve ever seen and by a good margin. It’s embarrassing.

Does Mario realize this or he is too stubborn to get out of his own way? This feels like a situation where Golden was too stubborn to fire Coach D. the higher ups should force Mario to hire situational football/game management coordinator.

Advertisement
Back