Coaching Mario speaks on Joe Rose

Oh my god, just shut the **** up already. It wasn't an "excuse".

View attachment 231295
mad-rage.gif

Advertisement
Of course talent matters.

Winning 5 games in the acc isnt on talent. Its on coaching.
I kind of get what u mean but bruh when u think like me the talent is horrendous. I thought 4 to 5 losses but Gattis was bad that's true and he lost us games.

Also if I'm defending UM last year no one on offense scares me where I had to game plan around. Not even TVD

Of course talent matters.

Winning 5 games in the acc isnt on talent. Its on coaching.
We constantly over rate kids here. U had dudes this off season who wanted Justin Flowe. I wanted him out of HS but I saw college highlights that's what matters cause this that level we in. He shouldn't be a take. He went exactly where he should to Arizona, cause that's how he played. People here were still living off a suplex tackle lol. People here love off those HS tapes and that's all they see, and then when they see a guy not running fast it's blame a coach instead of using logic that everyone else is faster now.

Logic thrown out the window. Send a player to the moon in zero G talking about it's NASA's fault he's not being coached right. No it's zero G fam lol. Or blame the food or strength coach that he's slower. Nah bruh everyone is fast now it's that simple.

Its the off season so cant hate on the interview because its what happens during this time but all this is, is off season coach speak. Lets see how the season goes... If we are imporved this year, we will take off in recruiting with a top 5 class and completely flip the roster going into 2024.

Advertisement
We constantly over rate kids here. U had dudes this off season who wanted Justin Flowe. I wanted him out of HS but I saw college highlights that's what matters cause this that level we in. He shouldn't be a take. He went exactly where he should to Arizona, cause that's how he played. People here were still living off a suplex tackle lol. People here love off those HS tapes and that's all they see, and then when they see a guy not running fast it's blame a coach instead of using logic that everyone else is faster now.

Logic thrown out the window. Send a player to the moon in zero G talking about it's NASA's fault he's not being coached right. No it's zero G fam lol

Our talent level isnt where it should be.

Did we have more talent than mtsu, duke, and pitt?

Youve been around a long time. What coaching attributes from mario did you see last season that makes you think he is the guy?

I want to see the offense before I get all excited down there but things are trending positively with this hire outside Mario’s typical range.

I still think we lack talent/depth overall with some key holes but another year of portal and recruiting will close that gap. I’m still in the 8 win range for this coming year.
Smart move

Mario hires an air raid guy and he just seems focused on the guys run game concepts.

O

I'll disagree I respect your opinion but we weren't talented last year. We aren't even that talented this year it's all youth. Can we won 8-9 games yea it gotta bounce our way, but can we lose 4-6 yea that can happen. We had coaches that "knew" what they were doing before the season, but people ain't realized them boys came from schools with talent real talent throughout there careers. They built up their resumes through squads with talent. Steele was vanilla and basic it got him a job at bama which he will look 500 times better.

Does talent get hidden in the draft? Yea
But a common thing is we don't develop and that's cap. Cause we have proof guys go to the league get different NFL coaching and stay where they were here which is basic. They go to all types of coaches even legendary coaches and stay the same. That's the proof that's all I need. If our guys were taken in the 5th round by the boatload and become pro bowlers than I will agree.

Also I'm not defending schemes the O scheme was horrendous but at the same time we ain't have wr or a true game changing back or an OL. Mario ain't forget how to coach OL he knows how. He didn't have the players period. My issue was with the trail with Manny I was off board the day he was hired cause he can't recruit. Mario it's different he can. We haven't had a good recruiter since ***** I don't care for class rank cause that reveals itself years later.
The Canes where more talented than MTSU, Mario just did a **** poor job at coaching

Our talent level isnt where it should be.

Did we have more talent than mtsu, duke, and pitt?

Youve been around a long time. What coaching attributes from mario did you see last season that makes you think he is the guy?
MTSU yes we had higher ranked prospects. But when like DJ Williams said, a wr on MTSU was just faster than our db ran a go and we couldn't stop it. Duke and Pitt roster are lower but they can compete with a roster like ours. Super imbalanced and plan D's in a lot of spots. When u trouting out a Flagg and a defense knows they can get to the outside every other defender will creep up cause of past plays. Everything becomes unstable cause players ain't trusting other players and they want to help. A big weakness is not just one it's a lot of spots especially depth wise. You guys are right too we should beat a mtsu but they had a few guys who were better than the guy guarding them. If that makes sense, they exploited it. That is coaching as well so it's a mixture but I more lean on the games talent. Talent is the most important thing that separates elite vs everyone else. It's either u are elite and winning titles or your everyone else. UGA won cause the talent makes most guys who run there philosophies look like geniuses. It just works better and looks better because of the talent.

Everyone loving TCU offense and coaching. Does that excuse them for UGA? They got blasted. What happened to the coaching then. It was talent. Bama would of did the same to TCU. They caught Michigan on the worst day. Ain't going to be no surprises in the expanded playoffs ever unless the talent disparity changes. No surprise title winner until the talent mantle is changed periodically throughout a few years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
****; just realized Diaz is the first coach since Charlie Tate not to win at least 9 games in a season w/ 3+ seasons as a HC.

Advertisement
While that may be partially true, 2017 was our best season in 20 years and 2022 was possibly our worst season in 40 years if not ever.
Feels like he's deflecting from how bad of a year 2022 was by lumping it into the "last 5 years" instead of acknowledging that 2022 was the worst out of all of them and he didn't see it coming.
The full quote was in regard to the NFL draft.

O

I'll disagree I respect your opinion but we weren't talented last year. We aren't even that talented this year it's all youth. Can we won 8-9 games yea it gotta bounce our way, but can we lose 4-6 yea that can happen. We had coaches that "knew" what they were doing before the season, but people ain't realized them boys came from schools with talent real talent throughout there careers. They built up their resumes through squads with talent. Steele was vanilla and basic it got him a job at bama which he will look 500 times better.

Does talent get hidden in the draft? Yea
But a common thing is we don't develop and that's cap. Cause we have proof guys go to the league get different NFL coaching and stay where they were here which is basic. They go to all types of coaches even legendary coaches and stay the same. That's the proof that's all I need. If our guys were taken in the 5th round by the boatload and become pro bowlers than I will agree.

Also I'm not defending schemes the O scheme was horrendous but at the same time we ain't have wr or a true game changing back or an OL. Mario ain't forget how to coach OL he knows how. He didn't have the players period. My issue was with the trail with Manny I was off board the day he was hired cause he can't recruit. Mario it's different he can. We haven't had a good recruiter since ***** I don't care for class rank cause that reveals itself years later.

I don't have an issue with that.

Point I was on about is we weren't devoid dof talent in that we should've been 5 and 7. We were getting outplayed by teams that aren't going to have draft picks. Teams we played closer to or flat out beat the year before.

FSU didn't all of a sudden become some juggernaut.

Duke only won what, 3 the year before and got a new coach.

MTSU, where are their draft picks?

UVA, 2 OT's to pull out a 14 to 12 stinker?

Pitt, boat raced and they aren't loaded up with NFL talent.

So anyone saying we don't have draft picks and that's why what happened happened, I call bs. A lot of those teams made the most of the talent they had and we didn't do that.

Advertisement
I don't have an issue with that.

Point I was on about is we weren't devoid dof talent in that we should've been 5 and 7. We were getting outplayed by teams that aren't going to have draft picks. Teams we played closer to or flat out beat the year before.

FSU didn't all of a sudden become some juggernaut.

Duke only won what, 3 the year before and got a new coach.

MTSU, where are their draft picks?

UVA, 2 OT's to pull out a 14 to 12 stinker?

Pitt, boat raced and they aren't loaded up with NFL talent.

So anyone saying we don't have draft picks and that's why what happened happened, I call bs. A lot of those teams made the most of the talent they had and we didn't do that.
I think MTSU has an NFL player on that DL don't know if he's eligible or transfered. Pitt always has a tough team in spots. Ok ask me this anyone on our schedule, if u were any team on our schedule would you be terrified of your DB room defending any wr that year? And fsu had a **** of a transfer in Benson especially since their qb can run that was a great transfer they hit on. If I'm any of those teams in a room I'll say man up they have nothing with X out. I hear what you are saying I understand coaching wasn't the greatest but those x and o gurus ain't winning natties. They mostly a passenger while a Smart Saban etc driving it. They buy the best pieces while the coordinators just put a seat belt on properly. It's always about beat the man in front of you so I'm going with that. No matter the rankings when u miss u miss and when u get a bad eval u basically go from a 4 star to a two star in my book.

Did Gattis suck? Yes real bad that hurt. I don't think TVD is great I do think in air raid he can do well cause one read get it out and that's what he is with a rifle. Is he a first rounder? After last year if I was an NFL gm I wouldn't do it no way. It's a bit of both when someone was one of the worst and that was Gattis. His offense could not work without an OL wrs and no explosive back. He's too basic and needs superior talent.

Last edited:
Mario full on used car salesman
I seen car salesman this ain't that it's not like he's lying he been telling y'all what it is. Read between the lines. He can't say yo this guy sucks who says that? Kirby was the only true G who said we have better players than Oregon. He was the one dude who kept it 100

Advertisement
Back