Coaching Mario speaks on Joe Rose

We constantly over rate kids here. U had dudes this off season who wanted Justin Flowe. I wanted him out of HS but I saw college highlights that's what matters cause this that level we in. He shouldn't be a take. He went exactly where he should to Arizona, cause that's how he played. People here were still living off a suplex tackle lol. People here love off those HS tapes and that's all they see, and then when they see a guy not running fast it's blame a coach instead of using logic that everyone else is faster now.

Logic thrown out the window. Send a player to the moon in zero G talking about it's NASA's fault he's not being coached right. No it's zero G fam lol. Or blame the food or strength coach that he's slower. Nah bruh everyone is fast now it's that simple.

Ehhh, gotta disagree w/ u on Flowe. Actually every time he played, he was very destructive. The problem has been him staying healthy. He was healthy this season, but he immediately got in the dog house game 1 vs UGA. Had a great individual game, including a dumb penalty.

-He got hurt in 1 game as a TF on the 1st series
-He got hurt in 1 game as a R-FR after a 14 tackle game
-Last yr against UGA in the opening game, he had 10 tackles to start the season, but then fell in Lannings’ dog house.

He went to UA b/c of immediate PT, & they pursued him despite the injury history. He was still considered the 4th best LB prospect in the portal.

Advertisement
Thanks for the write up Hoya. I pretty much buy everything Mario says. The coordinators fit philosophically with what 90% of us wanted on here for years. I feel like he’s made the right hires.

If he is truly active in the portal over the next few months and fills the holes, we may finally get back on track.

Need a true WR1 or at the very least a speed demon with good hands that can blow the top of the coverage. Need another OT. Need a beast at NG. Need another LB. Need a CB and a S. Get those guys and I’ll be all in again.

Advertisement
But he’s not. Our #7 class is nowhere near the classes that Kirby and Saban signed. So maybe instead of just trying to out talent everyone when you’re nowhere near that level, how about actually trying to coach a little? Maybe if one day Mario signs three straight #1 classes, he can stop caring about good coaching but until then he should care about it

Dude, I usually agree with most of your takes and appreciate your football insights but right now you’re sounding like the, get off my lawn guy.

The program was a complete dumpster fire when Mario showed up and everyone knows it.

You may want chill out with all the negativity. Especially after year 1 of a complete rebuild and see what year 2 brings us before you breakout the torches and pitch forks.

Receipts are forever!

Go Canes!!

Last edited:
Dude, I usually agree with most of your takes and appreciate your football insights but right now you’re sounding like, get off my lawn guy.

The program was a complete dumpster fire when Mario showed up and everyone knows it

You may want chill out with all the negativity. Especially after year 1 of a complete rebuild and see what year 2 brings us before you breakout the torches and pitch forks.

Receipts are forever!

Go Canes!!
Unfortunately year 2 predictions are anywhere from 5-7 to 6-6 from most experts that are not affiliated with Miami.
I’m sure we’ll have plenty of Greentree/Soffer all Americans once again this year.

My opinion is every Coaching staff Mario faced last year would have won more games with last years Canes Roster

Mario brings nothing but improved Oline play
just so happens that is literally one of the most important aspects in all of football you ****** donut

@RVACane can you give me a month ban pls i dont have the self control to stay off this place i am very emotionally fragile

Better additions, younger coaches. Another year of change implementing new schemes, concepts and terminology. It's a 7 win team as I see it with an upside to 8.

Advertisement
just so happens that is literally one of the most important aspects in all of football you ****** donut

@RVACane can you give me a month ban pls i dont have the self control to stay off this place i am very emotionally fragile
This must be Mario’s burner account, try not to burn all of your timeouts in the 1st two minutes of the game

You'd get sent off for handling the ref like that in Rugby League...
504A04BD-A1E9-4EEE-8E1B-0E2C03DABD32.gif

Ehhh, gotta disagree w/ u on Flowe. Actually every time he played, he was very destructive. The problem has been him staying healthy. He was healthy this season, but he immediately got in the dog house game 1 vs UGA. Had a great individual game, including a dumb penalty.

-He got hurt in 1 game as a TF on the 1st series
-He got hurt in 1 game as a R-FR after a 14 tackle game
-Last yr against UGA in the opening game, he had 10 tackles to start the season, but then fell in Lannings’ dog house.

He went to UA b/c of immediate PT, & they pursued him despite the injury history. He was still considered the 4th best LB prospect in the portal.
my thing with him was 1 your right health, but at the same time its fair to say he didnt live up to what everyone thought he was. They were talking like he was the next Ray Lewis. I loved his HS film but what matters is what you do at this level. I feel like people still liked him based off his HS tape (what most do here) Those days are over we have actual film now against guys like you, I didnt think he was worth the risk cause of injury history and what we thought he was. If thats fair to say

Advertisement
I disagree. It seems he is acknowledging that there were problems in 2022 and he setting out to fix them. I do not see where he is actually blaming anyone or any anything.
He was blaming the players talent and buy in from the Spring of last year to the end of the season. Even if that was half the problem, you don’t publicly blast your players. You decided what coaches to bring in, the scheme and you failed miserably. The blame starts and ends with you and your coaching staff. The talent level we had doesn’t excuse getting blasted by MTSU, Duke, Florida St and Pitt. That interview was the first time I heard him blaming the coaches. However, I am glad he realized he f****** up and made drastic changes but I’ll reserve optimism until I see results. He’s still a very mediocre coach on Saturday’s.

He was blaming the players talent and buy in from the Spring of last year to the end of the season. Even if that was half the problem, you don’t publicly blast your players. You decided what coaches to bring in, the scheme and you failed miserably. The blame starts and ends with you and your coaching staff. The talent level we had doesn’t excuse getting blasted by MTSU, Duke, Florida St and Pitt. That interview was the first time I heard him blaming the coaches. However, I am glad he realized he f****** up and made drastic changes but I’ll reserve optimism until I see results. He’s still a very mediocre coach on Saturday’s.
Mario blamed everything from players to global warming but won’t call out the man in the mirror

6-6

Advertisement
my thing with him was 1 your right health, but at the same time its fair to say he didnt live up to what everyone thought he was. They were talking like he was the next Ray Lewis. I loved his HS film but what matters is what you do at this level. I feel like people still liked him based off his HS tape (what most do here) Those days are over we have actual film now against guys like you, I didnt think he was worth the risk cause of injury history and what we thought he was. If thats fair to say

Agreed; but we haven’t seen him in true action yet b/c of his health. Now, if he goes to UA & completely stinks up the joint this season while healthy, then he’ll be in one of those biggest bust of all time categories. However, since I saw him wreak havoc in the limited time played, I think it’s safe to say the potential is there; but if he can’t stay healthy, then….

You have to be able to block it up and you have to scheme it open too. Systematically, it just didn’t fit. They worked for us at Oregon and Alabama, but when you are in a roster transition and it doesn’t fit, you have to find tweaks to make things work."............
Everything runs off this.

Miami hasn't had it for years. Will probably take a few more to get it back.

Everything runs off this.

Miami hasn't had it for years. Will probably take a few more to get it back.

True. When they’re finally moving acc d lines off the ball for seemingly 7 yards every play we’re going to wonder why it was so hard all these years.

Advertisement
Back