Mario Recruiting Effect

Advertisement

It's a new day

Presented without commentary (and some highlights)...

1656968272547.png

1656968217227.png

Advertisement
Did you notice the banner underneath Francis while he commited…said 4*.

That’s how I knew he was all Miami.

Not mad at you. Just want to call out the 247 nonsense, and to CLARIFY to people why he is a "247 4-star":

1656968755629.png

So what does this mean?

Well, let's ask 247...

247Sports Composite

247Sports features two ratings for high school football and basketball recruits: its own in-house evaluations done by its scouting staff, and 247Sports Composite ratings. The Composite aggregates the public ratings for a prospect by the major recruiting services using a propriety algorithm. The Composite combines recruitment ratings from 247Sports' in-house ratings, Rivals.com, and ESPN in order to provide an overall rating for each recruit. The resulting rankings can be considered an industry consensus on the top recruits in the nation.

The Composite does not include any athletes that do not yet have a recruiting profile on 247Sports in order to prevent spoofs from other sites.

Now, let's see what 247 has to say about 5-star players...

A five star rating is awarded to athletes who are graded with a 98–110 rating (.98–1.00 Composite).

For the 247Sports in-house ratings, five star ratings are given to the top 32 recruits in each recruiting class to mirror the 32 first round picks in the NFL Draft. These 32 recruits from each recruiting class are the players who 247Sports analysts believe are the most likely to be first round NFL draft picks in the future. Any player with a rating of 100–110 is considered a potential “franchise player” and are not present in every recruiting class.

And yet, 247 LIES, as they have only awarded FOUR 5-star ratings in this recruiting class, and NOT 32...

1656969185292.png

Fortunately, there is less bullcrap in the 247 COMPOSITE ratings:

1656969332055.png

1656969387696.png

Seems to me that 247 is sitting on a throne of lies. First, players 39-42 ALSO have a composite score above .98, but do not have 5-star status. Second, there are more than 32 5-stars on this list. I'd love to know why 247 feels that Derek Williams is a composite 5-star, but Malik Muhammad is not.

Unless there are now 38 NFL teams drafting in the first round. If so, I'll shut up.

With the complexity of the nil deals
The elite guys I don’t see decimmitting unless a coaching change
So not worried about keeping him
THIS. Not that it can’t happen, but with NIL, programs are moving on and allocating that money to other targets.

Not mad at you. Just want to call out the 247 nonsense, and to CLARIFY to people why he is a "247 4-star":

View attachment 195702

So what does this mean?

Well, let's ask 247...

247Sports Composite

247Sports features two ratings for high school football and basketball recruits: its own in-house evaluations done by its scouting staff, and 247Sports Composite ratings. The Composite aggregates the public ratings for a prospect by the major recruiting services using a propriety algorithm. The Composite combines recruitment ratings from 247Sports' in-house ratings, Rivals.com, and ESPN in order to provide an overall rating for each recruit. The resulting rankings can be considered an industry consensus on the top recruits in the nation.

The Composite does not include any athletes that do not yet have a recruiting profile on 247Sports in order to prevent spoofs from other sites.

Now, let's see what 247 has to say about 5-star players...

A five star rating is awarded to athletes who are graded with a 98–110 rating (.98–1.00 Composite).

For the 247Sports in-house ratings, five star ratings are given to the top 32 recruits in each recruiting class to mirror the 32 first round picks in the NFL Draft. These 32 recruits from each recruiting class are the players who 247Sports analysts believe are the most likely to be first round NFL draft picks in the future. Any player with a rating of 100–110 is considered a potential “franchise player” and are not present in every recruiting class.

And yet, 247 LIES, as they have only awarded FOUR 5-star ratings in this recruiting class, and NOT 32...

View attachment 195710

Fortunately, there is less bullcrap in the 247 COMPOSITE ratings:

View attachment 195711
View attachment 195712

Seems to me that 247 is sitting on a throne of lies. First, players 39-42 ALSO have a composite score above .98, but do not have 5-star status. Second, there are more than 32 5-stars on this list. I'd love to know why 247 feels that Derek Williams is a composite 5-star, but Malik Muhammad is not.

Unless there are now 38 NFL teams drafting in the first round. If so, I'll shut up.
Clear as mud.

ESPN will say Miami cheated and call for death penalty.
Nah I don’t think so. Mario is well respected there and liked. If anything, with Mario at the helm, I can see them slurping and hopping on the bandwagon. It could only help Miami’s recruiting momentum. Definitely couldn’t hurt.

Advertisement
Can someone great a thread for what a mock class would look like to qualify as the greatest recruiting class in UM history? Even using hindsight on the prospects of previous classes?

This is where our heads should be at at this point.

I’ve followed recruiting heavily for a long time. Dating back to the grassy days with many of you. This is the greatest recruiting win I can remember…. Yes I know it s a July commitment but if he signs on the dotted line it’s the greatest pull I’ve witnessed
I put this up there with DJ Williams, and before that Superman himself Jesse Armstead

I put this up there with DJ Williams, and before that Superman himself Jesse Armstead
You and are both kind of focusing on national recruits but I think that is valid because when UM gets a Duke Johnson or Frank Gore we are “supposed” to win that. Its when UM leaves the state for the 3 players you and I are discussing that people really pay attention.
I consider Mauigoa as leaving the state since he attends IMG. We are not the hometown school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That dude the best in the industry..you can tell he a actually has a appreciation for the sport and the importance of Miami..usc and those 2 ****heads up north to get its **** together
He knows.

That dude the best in the industry..you can tell he a actually has a appreciation for the sport and the importance of Miami..usc and those 2 ****heads up north to get its **** together
loved his segment last week I think it was with the mailbag, why all the hype for Miami? Straight put em in their place for asking stupidity

Maybe we should see him play for a year or three before all this?

Joo talkiing crazeeee mang.
We were’t talking about ultimate success. We were simply discussing the seismic impact of getting a big name out of state recruit.
DJ and Armstead were major recrutiing succceses for the program before they stepped on campus.

We were’t talking about ultimate success. We were simply discussing the seismic impact of getting a big name out of state recruit.
DJ and Armstead were major recrutiing succceses for the program before they stepped on campus.
Shockey too?

Wright? I thought he was Miami's biggest get oit of Florida?

Advertisement
Back