Mario on Packer & Durham this morning

Schnellenberger, JJ, & Butch were motivators & disciplinarians.

Anybody that thinks that the majority of kids don't need external motivation needs their heads examined.

I mean that's the entire purpose of pre-game & halftime speeches, see the famous Ed Reed "Raheem said dominate!!!" speech.

The best coaches are the best motivators, period.

Advertisement
It’s still self motivation. You just find something to focus your mind on.

I used to make up slights and disrespect from other people, to build up my anger and get after them. It’s still internal motivation. I did it myself, I didn’t need anybody telling me anything, or doing anything, to motivate me.

As a leader what I’ve always told people is that if you need me to motivate you, then I don’t want you.
👀

Anybody that thinks that the majority of kids don't need external motivation needs their heads examined.

I mean that's the entire purpose of pre-game & halftime speeches, see the famous Ed Reed "Raheem said dominate!!!" speech.

If every athlete thought like him, we’d never lose another game again. Do your ******* job. That’s what he’s saying, without saying it. He was specific “build it from inside out”. I absolutely loved it. He wasn’t talking about motivating, he was answering what music he’d walk out to. He really doesn’t care, so long as there’s someone on the other side to beat. Point taken.

Advertisement

Not Raheem..

I would love for the Phil Collins "Into the Air Tonight" to be the intro song for the team especially for night games. Bring out some Miami Vice on the scoreboards with the lights dimmed down. That would really fire up the crowd.

The team, when they stretch the listen to this. It’s been part of the routine. The lights at the stadium dim when the drum part arrives.

Advertisement
If every athlete thought like him, we’d never lose another game again. Do your ******* job. That’s what he’s saying, without saying it. He was specific “build it from inside out”. I absolutely loved it. He wasn’t talking about motivating, he was answering what music he’d walk out to. He really doesn’t care, so long as there’s someone on the other side to beat. Point taken.
And people think the Turnover Chair is going to survive, lol.

Not in its current inception. If it does survive, it will be with some heavy stipulations.

I would love for the Phil Collins "Into the Air Tonight" to be the intro song for the team especially for night games. Bring out some Miami Vice on the scoreboards with the lights dimmed down. That would really fire up the crowd.

It’s always played before the games now. It’s as Miami as it gets. im already planning to be early at the first game, cause it’s going to be loud with the fans cheering for Mario.

Who exactly is this Raheem person?

Advertisement
Advertisement
1st of all, if u listened to the question, they asked him personally what song or songs he liked to enter to or listened to, presumably as a player. Or what got him amped up. He said he didn’t need it and he just took everything in. He isn’t opposed to players listening to music or music before games. It was a personal question

He’s a complete badass and he’s not trying to be anything he’s not. Genuine to the bone. I’m so fvxking pumped

Advertisement
Back