Mario on Joe Rose talking TAMU Game

TVD is half of the problem.
Gattis and the Receivers are the second half.
When you don’t have a good QB any offense you run will look like trash. TVD throws a good fade ball some of the time. That is were his skills end. Everything else he does is mediocre to down right poor for a Div 1 QB. Lashlee had to dumb down his already retardedly simple offense to a one read for this kid. I have no idea were all of this TVD hypetrain crapola came from. No idea. MYbe canes fans are so starved for success. It was the same with King the year before. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. When we have that, then we can hype. We don’t have that with TVD.
Worst part is we will loose Garcia next year because TVD will be back. Garcia has the potential to be a stud. But we’ll never know.

Advertisement
For the WR coaches here, what do you think they are doing wrong?

Several drops seemed to be lack of concentration and focus with the ball slipping off open receivers.

They need to improve how they practice to improve thier skills. Doing the same sub-par technique x100 just ingrains it even more.

No expert just an observer. Do you remember Leonard Hankerson having this same problem? Mark Duper came in with a bucket of baseballs and focused on concentration drills with multiple smaller objects instead of the jugg machine.

If I remember correctly he reeled in some amazing catches for us once his focus and concentration caught up with his natural skill.

Again, I'm no expert but I would hit up Mark Duper and have him lay out the drills and incorporate them with our WR's. Pair them up and spend an hour after practice working their way through these exercises.

Here is one link to what I am talking about.

lol

This is a jaded-*** tired old man take with zero perspective.

Jimbo has been recruiting at an elite level there for almost 5 years. Has had his systems and players in place for years. Has one of the best institutions and fanbases supporing him and we have a staff that's been here a matter of months. And we almost pulled off beating them when nothing bounced our way. Manny would have been down by 28 at the half.

This team will be better this year than its been in long time and Mario hasn't even brought in a class of his own yet. The future is bright as ****, some fans just can't seem to see through their ****** colored lenses

You being right about the big picture and him being right in giving "some" blame to coaches for losing the game are not mutually exclusive.
Mario needs time to change the culture and bring in his recruits and we are already seeing signs of significant improvement. But at the same time, many neutral observers including Herbie noticed that Mario and his assistants made some questionable game management decisions that could have participated in us losing this game. I can say that without being emotional or overreacting.

TVD is half of the problem.
Gattis and the Receivers are the second half.
When you don’t have a good QB any offense you run will look like trash. TVD throws a good fade ball some of the time. That is were his skills end. Everything else he does is mediocre to down right poor for a Div 1 QB. Lashlee had to dumb down his already retardedly simple offense to a one read for this kid. I have no idea were all of this TVD hypetrain crapola came from. No idea. MYbe canes fans are so starved for success. It was the same with King the year before. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. When we have that, then we can hype. We don’t have that with TVD.
Worst part is we will loose Garcia next year because TVD will be back. Garcia has the potential to be a stud. But we’ll never know.

Didn't know Garcia's mom posted here.

Advertisement
I don’t get the desire to defend TVD.

He has been bad in so many ways.

Talking about someone costing the game is the wrong analysis.

TVDs performance was as bad or worse as the WR performance. QB, WR, PR, and K were the weakest positions on the field.

So many trying to bash Gattis and WRs while defending TVD. It’s weird.
People are defending Van Dyke and Mario continues to play Van Dyke because he created a record of outstanding performance last year. What is so hard to understand about that?

Everyone expected, and continues to expect, him to play better this year. He missed two throws that might have changed the game - the crossing route to Redding and the long ball to K. Smith. He was plagued with drops. And, he was not given the opportunity to throw anything into the end zone. It is ridiculous to give up on him so quickly.

Advertisement
Back