Mario on Joe Rose 11/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's incompetent plain and simple. In typical Miami fashion, there was never any due diligence in the hiring process and we are now stuck with another mediocre coach. I understand that we may not have the players to compete with the UGAs and Bama's, but you can't tell me that we don't have enough talent to beat MTSU or Duke or keep the game against our biggest rival close. It's an utter disgrace

Advertisement
Lol at the comment about Benson. I would have asked, if he was such a stud Mario, why didn't you bring him with you here? And if you tried to and he chose FSU over Miami, what does that say about you?

Trying to gloat about a backup RB that was at Oregon last year, who just whooped your ***, screams to everyone that you are begging people to believe in you.

That comment about the running back was telling. Maybe even slightly over the line? What do you guys think. Obviously the kid is good but is Mario looking for a pat on the back for recruiting and landing him first?
No, he’s pointing to the type of gritty, talented players he recruits, while also low-key saying we lack those types of players right now.

Advertisement
What's he supposed to say? That he doesn't have the horse and he inherited a soft-as-Charmin team from Manny, that isn't responding? That they're more focused on recruiting and selling the next generation of the right kids on a new-look Miami because the present is a complete abortion?

He can't say that, so you get coach-speak—which is why I don't get why anyone bothers listening to theses meaningless Joe Rose interviews looking for anything of stubstance.

And the "highest paid" staff staff stuff is silly. That's akin to saying the Yankees should win every year because they have the highest-paid salary and then you see scrappy teams with chemistry going far in the postseason, like Philadelphia. This staff doesn't have the right players, doesn't have chemistry with their players and doesn't have chemistry with each other. Lots of bad fits all around.

Mario has a lot to do this off-season. I used to be a "get a bowl game for the extra practices" guy, but realistically Miami is better off missing a bowl, sending some coaches and players packing. getting back to recruiting and robbing the portal blind for 2023. No benefit of some fourth-tier bowl game if this team got to 6-6 and eked in.

Put this thing out of its collective misery.

The Yankees and Phillies comparison is a real bad one. The **** Yankees went 99-63, won the AL East and made the playoffs. The Phillies also had the 6th highest payroll in baseball this year. 5 of the 6 teams with the highest payroll in baseball made the post season.

Nobody is saying he needed to win a title or even the ACC his first year, but you sure as **** should expect a team that at the very minimum looks competent when you have a staff being paid top 5 money. One who can and should win 8-9 games with no problem. And even than, my opinion is that is still underachieving for what was paid for this staff.

The fact is, there is zero excuse for the performance seen on the field this year. Every single coach has failed miserably. The deserve all the criticism and truth be told, outside of Mario all should be looking for a new job.

No, he’s pointing to the type of gritty, talented players he recruits, while also low-key saying we lack those types of players right now.
This is what’s alarming frankly. We won’t know for sure until season is over, but given this is Miami, it seems very high chance this **** will scapegoat everything on lack of toughness and not consider once that his Neanderthal philosophy simply isn’t cutting it in todays landscape.

That comment about the running back was telling. Maybe even slightly over the line? What do you guys think. Obviously the kid is good but is Mario looking for a pat on the back for recruiting and landing him first?

I guess you could say that he may have been. I saw it as look at how tough that guy is, how he plays, the way he runs, the adversity he has overcome to be the player he is. His overall mindset. Then look at some of the guys we have here. It's really bad right now, but we need more of those types of guys/players because they elevate everyone. FSU's team really rallied around the way Benson played and kept hitting us in the mouth. We went and cried in the corner.

Advertisement
What's he supposed to say? That he doesn't have the horse and he inherited a soft-as-Charmin team from Manny, that isn't responding? That they're more focused on recruiting and selling the next generation of the right kids on a new-look Miami because the present is a complete abortion?

He can't say that, so you get coach-speak—which is why I don't get why anyone bothers listening to theses meaningless Joe Rose interviews looking for anything of stubstance.

And the "highest paid" staff staff stuff is silly. That's akin to saying the Yankees should win every year because they have the highest-paid salary and then you see scrappy teams with chemistry going far in the postseason, like Philadelphia. This staff doesn't have the right players, doesn't have chemistry with their players and doesn't have chemistry with each other. Lots of bad fits all around.

Mario has a lot to do this off-season. I used to be a "get a bowl game for the extra practices" guy, but realistically Miami is better off missing a bowl, sending some coaches and players packing. getting back to recruiting and robbing the portal blind for 2023. No benefit of some fourth-tier bowl game if this team got to 6-6 and eked in.

Put this thing out of its collective misery.
I agree. **** the bowl. We will lose. Get a jump start on recruiting players and an offensive coordinator. Have him bring in his guys. Even tho I want to keep Kevin smith and know Alex ain’t going anywhere

If you are not tolerating this crappy team, you ain't tough. Freaking O-lineman as a coach.

All In The Family Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

I guess you could say that he may have been. I saw it as look at how tough that guy is, how he plays, the way he runs, the adversity he has overcome to be the player he is. His overall mindset. Then look at some of the guys we have here. It's really bad right now, but we need more of those types of guys/players because they elevate everyone. FSU's team really rallied around the way Benson played and kept hitting us in the mouth. We went and cried in the corner.

So again, if he thought so highly of him, why didn't he bring him to UM? Clearly the young man was okay leaving Oregon.

Advertisement
I didn't get the vibe at all. Especially when he said about talent and stuff you look at it in the off-season. I know we as fans view the season as over but reality is we have 3 more weeks. Changes will definitely come but it won't be right now. And everyone needs to remember Alonzo is watching all of this. He's imput will be big this off-season
why are we putting our hopes in alonzo
thus far he hasnt done anything impactful
for all we know hes just cruising and cashing checks
i dont know why we think hes gonna be our white night to save us

He's incompetent plain and simple. In typical Miami fashion, there was never any due diligence in the hiring process and we are now stuck with another mediocre coach. I understand that we may not have the players to compete with the UGAs and Bama's, but you can't tell me that we don't have enough talent to beat MTSU or Duke or keep the game against our biggest rival close. It's an utter disgrace
i agree with you
all along the answer was just chilling at liberty
freeze was the guy who has shown repeatedly that he can win with inferior talent
and he can recruit with the best of them

Advertisement
Some of you sure do twist words.... smh

Not sure what you want Mario to say. He acknowledges the issues. He's not going to publicly castrate GAttis or any coach, to make the fan base feel better
Slightly OT but in this era of media I don't think there's any real benefit to college coaches doing set weekly spots in-season on any shows let alone terrestrial radio. It's not 1988 and this stuff is somehow reaching recruits if you're having a good season. I guess it's part of a broadcast package deal but I doubt it's a deal-breaker.

Words at this point are meaningless, nothing that can be said. Adjustments & changes this offseason will tell if Mario gets it or not.

why are we putting our hopes in alonzo
thus far he hasnt done anything impactful
for all we know hes just cruising and cashing checks
i dont know why we think hes gonna be our white night to save us

Exactly. He may simply be ANOTHER CANE living in the 80's who believes you can win in today's day of CFB playing like you did back in the stone ages because it worked when they played.

Way to many former Canes are stuck in the past. Feel like you can do **** from 40 years ago and it will be the same today. Football has evolved dramatically since we were last relevant, let alone from the playing days of Cristobal and Highsmith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back