Mario on Joe Rose 11/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
why are we putting our hopes in alonzo
thus far he hasnt done anything impactful
for all we know hes just cruising and cashing checks
i dont know why we think hes gonna be our white night to save us
Yes that definitely seems like Alonzo’s personality.

the guy who decided to get punched in the face for a living during his post football career…

and the guy who left a very nice job as a well respected NFL executive who was getting GM interviews left that life just to cash a check and watch his alma mater fizzle away into Bolivia

What do you want him to say? Yeah, it’s coachspeak. Proof will be in the pudding down the line. Season is lost. Hopefully they can close well recruiting selling PT. See if they get better next year. It’s obviously alarming that he’s been so strategically out of touch with what could work with this group but maybe this is the tear down we needed.
How bout being honest? Mario prides himself in being honest. So instead of saying “we’ve tried everything and these coaches didn’t all of a sudden forget how to coach” how about if he says “we could have coached better this season and all aspects of the program including the coaching staff will be evaluated at the end of the season”

He’s basically communicating that the coches are not the problem… and based off of this and his presser he may mean it.

Yes that definitely seems like Alonzo’s personality.

the guy who decided to get punched in the face for a living during his post football career…

and the guy who left a very nice job as a well respected NFL executive who was getting GM interviews left that life just to cash a check and watch his alma mater fizzle away into Bolivia
people change with age
im just saying so far hes been here and hasnt done anything we know of that suggests he has any significant imput
im just pointing out facts thus far

Lol at the comment about Benson. I would have asked, if he was such a stud Mario, why didn't you bring him with you here? And if you tried to and he chose FSU over Miami, what does that say about you?

Trying to gloat about a backup RB that was at Oregon last year, who just whooped your ***, screams to everyone that you are begging people to believe in you.
I caught that too and completely agree. He’s trying to re-establish his legitimacy. He should just focus on changing himself instead of trying to shove his current philosophy as one that works.

Advertisement
people change with age
im just saying so far hes been here and hasnt done anything we know of that suggests he has any significant imput
im just pointing out facts thus far
He didn’t even arrive until June. What do you want him to do realistically right now?

Let’s hold off on ripping cane legends who have been on board for 5 months and keep the focus on the fact that Josh Gattis hasn’t scored a TD in 10 quarters, but FSUs second team scored on their first possession against our starting defense.

I don’t know what you all are expecting him to say. He’s not going to come on and be like “Gattis is fired, Ivey gets torched every game, the linebackers aren’t fast enough”
How about we expect more from our OC and connecting and adapting to the players is expectation one. We have to move in that direction to be successful one way or another. Our CB's are not playing to expectations and we need to evaluate if it is talent or coaching, if the effort is not there, or the player simply cannot handle the task we will get a younger guy in and let him learn and take his lumps. Our LB's just do not have the speed needed to compete at this level. As a whole we see a deficiency in team speed and that needs to be addressed through recruiting and the portal.

He can put fluff in there if he wants, but facts are facts. Then he needs to own up to his mistakes and say I will evaluate the staff top to bottom, and there will be changes. This year we are working out some issues, next year is entirely on my shoulders. No one should be safe, no one should be a friend when it comes to the hard decisions.

First minute the season ends I want him to call in a bunch of players who don’t belong here and pull an Ari Gold. And in case your ears are ****ed! Get the **** out!

Advertisement
I caught that too and completely agree. He’s trying to re-establish his legitimacy. He should just focus on changing himself instead of trying to shove his current philosophy as one that works.

Bingo! He is BEGGING in this current downfall for people to believe in him. But all he does is make it worse when what is being stated by him and his staff is that is more on the players.

Steele is the only coach I have heard that at least made it somewhat feel at times it was on him. Mario and Gattis have not showed me that at all.

How bout being honest? Mario prides himself in being honest. So instead of saying “we’ve tried everything and these coaches didn’t all of a sudden forget how to coach” how about if he says “we could have coached better this season and all aspects of the program including the coaching staff will be evaluated at the end of the season”

He’s basically communicating that the coches are not the problem… and based off of this and his presser he may mean it.
Pretty much everyone that's in the know on here has said there will be changes. I would hold off getting mad about coach talk until if there are no changes made before early signing day.

The reality is this.

1. Mario screwed up his staff, hiring guys that don’t fit together or were severely overrated at big programs (Gattis & Addae)

2. We’ve been decimated by injuries and we already had a lack of depth. Almost all of the starting OL, RBs, starting QB, TE, etc. Feld needs to be evaluated for all these injuries

3. The culture is broken and our talent level is extremely poor. Very few NFL talent guys, non tough nose football guys, players are used to Manny’s cupcake practices and “fun” culture vs. a business/work culture that Mario is trying to instill

4. The offense is just terrible. Gattis is horrible and to blame for 2-3 losses. He’s ruined our whole QB room and WR room

Advertisement
So again, if he thought so highly of him, why didn't he bring him to UM? Clearly the young man was okay leaving Oregon.
I'm not sure and it would have been a fair question for the interviewer to pose to him. On paper going into the season we perceived to have a very talented RB room but that hasn't been reality. Injuries threw a wrench into that as well.

Again, my take on it is that he has, in the past, identified those types of players that work and grind. But certainly you can also question why he didn't try to bring him here and if the kid actually said no thanks in the event we did. All fair questions/criticisms.

I don't think Mario will be the guy that is able to get us back to where we want to go. I do think he is going to be able to amass a lot of talent, hopefully for someone that can get that job done. It's certainly not acceptable results, but we are stuck with it for another 3 years.

I am curious to see the coaching/player turnover in the offseason. I will give him that much before we start chipping in for banners and the for sale signs on the lawn.

He’s in over his head.

This is what a man who’s bitten off more than he can chew sounds like.

He’s taking credit for the rehab work FSU did for Benson.

A lack of talent doesn’t keep you form being competitive; CORCH.

People are used to losing around here, they’re just not used to GETTING BLOWN OUT

How about we expect more from our OC and connecting and adapting to the players is expectation one. We have to move in that direction to be successful one way or another. Our CB's are not playing to expectations and we need to evaluate if it is talent or coaching, if the effort is not there, or the player simply cannot handle the task we will get a younger guy in and let him learn and take his lumps. Our LB's just do not have the speed needed to compete at this level. As a whole we see a deficiency in team speed and that needs to be addressed through recruiting and the portal.

He can put fluff in there if he wants, but facts are facts. Then he needs to own up to his mistakes and say I will evaluate the staff top to bottom, and there will be changes. This year we are working out some issues, next year is entirely on my shoulders. No one should be safe, no one should be a friend when it comes to the hard decisions.
Regardless of whether or not a player is of caliber to compete at the level you want them to be at, you’re never going to come out and say that publicly. That’s just a bad look on you as a professional. And people see that. Mario, behind closed doors, can tell anyone that they aren’t playing at the level he expects of them. But it’s a whole different world when you start calling people out publicly. Players and other coaches see that and think “why would I ever want to play/coach for that guy?”

Advertisement
The reality is this.

1. Mario screwed up his staff, hiring guys that don’t fit together or were severely overrated at big programs (Gattis & Addae)

2. We’ve been decimated by injuries and we already had a lack of depth. Almost all of the starting OL, RBs, starting QB, TE, etc. Feld needs to be evaluated for all these injuries

3. The culture is broken and our talent level is extremely poor. Very few NFL talent guys, non tough nose football guys, players are used to Manny’s cupcake practices and “fun” culture vs. a business/work culture that Mario is trying to instill

4. The offense is just terrible. Gattis is horrible and to blame for 2-3 losses. He’s ruined our whole QB room and WR room
Im trying to think of guys currently draft eligible that will for sure get drafted this year. Stevenson and Zion might be it, though I think Zion is going really really late. Messidor maybe but I would say extremely late or FA situation. It really is crazy to think about how depleted the NFL prospects on the team are. 2 probable and 1 possible NFL player. Wow.

The solution is

1. recruiting more talent, which Mario is in the process of doing

2. Firing Gattis, Addae and potentially Steele, Ponce, Wright, Feld

3. Hiring the right guys. If Mario misses again in year 2 we’re in big big trouble and he’s prob not the guy

Exactly. He may simply be ANOTHER CANE living in the 80's who believes you can win in today's day of CFB playing like you did back in the stone ages because it worked when they played.

Way to many former Canes are stuck in the past. Feel like you can do **** from 40 years ago and it will be the same today. Football has evolved dramatically since we were last relevant, let alone from the playing days of Cristobal and Highsmith.
Highly doubt Gattis will be let go . Think they’ll speed up offense a little but nothing like it needs to be. Are only hope is Gattis says f::: this **** I’m outta here n takes a job somewhere else. Making way too much money to quit. **** wait to be fired so he gets his big payout or perfect Hc opportunity comes knocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back