Mario, Mario, Mario, Mario... (I'm not a fan of his and wish he'd stay off my lawn)

I trust him like I do Richt. Not necessarily expecting to dominate but he'll care about our program enough to make us relevant again.

I think he's a good coach, not great. but his recruiting is elite and the money is there so with a lackluster ACC we can see a lot of success. Especially since he's inheriting a solid roster
My question is how long does the fan base give Mario to win the Coastal? Does he get 2 full recruiting classes, meaning Year 3 he has to win the division? Or will he be held to the CMR standard where you get it done in Year 2?

Advertisement
Is Mario a great coach? No. He's a good coach. Right now, no one worth his salt is coming here. We need to show the great coaches that we've turned the corner and are invested in the program. Mario will probably win 10 games for the 3rd time at Oregon. Mario will bring the stability this team needs to keep building.

I hope Mario turns them down but I think it’s a done deal already…he’s gonna lose to Utah again and Duck fans will not be so enamored with him as they once were.

Would love to see Kiffen and TVD the Garcia after in that offense…we could have back to back Heisman winners in those two.

The guy who makes the playoffs annually and who is winning with bad QB play this year? LOL good one. OU has their worst QB play in a decade and assuming they lose to gundy today have an excellent chance, in their worst year in a while, of matching Mario’s high water mark by missing the playoffs but winning a major bowl. Amazing point.
Yup, the offensive guru guy who's high-water marks matched Mario's with a 12-2 record despite having 2 (back-to-back) Heisman-winning QBs. The guy who gets to the CFP (a really objective process) but never actually wins a game, & the guy with the same 10-2 record as Mario after losing to OKSt. with Williams or Rattler at QB compared to the non-thrower Mario has. The guy that does the same as Mario despite having much more. That 's the guy.

The greater point is why Mario isn't given credit for developing a first-round talent but receives criticism for not doing enough with the same player. The playoff criticism for Herbert's senior season is knee-jerk, superficial, and has the flavor of bias considering Oregon needed to go undefeated to make the CFP in 2019; what specifically did Mario do that was suspect from a coaching standpoint when he had Justin Herbert?
Keep in mind Lincoln Riley (with a Heisman winning QB) also lost 2 games by wider margins to a conference rival (KSt.) and SEC team that same year..

If you're saying Mario's should have been undefeated in 2019 and made the CFP, then Lincoln Riley should've as well with a Heisman-winning QB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMO, Its good to look at things in that aggregate sometimes but smart money also notices current trends.

If Manny finishes strong he'll have a better first 3 years than Mario did. And about 3 short of Lanes first 3 years. Lane would go on to 10 wins in his 4th year before falling back to 7 wins the next year. Manny will probably get 10 wins next year. A few different bounces and it could have been this year.

Manny is on the same trajectory. You're literally getting the same coach at similar points in their career. He's cheaper, no team mutiny and most of all he has THE qb.
This is quality troll work. Bravo.

Advertisement
Back