Mario Ink from Adelson

Advertisement
Shalala you knocked the Orange Bowl down, why don't you try knocking me down now?

While I apprciate the reference, as has become abundantly clear more recently, it was actually Samson-Loria who poisoned the well.

Dade voters VOTED to renovate the Orange Bowl. City of Miami had a SIGNED CONTRACT with Hammes to renovate the Orange Bowl. Shalala didn't stop either of those things from happening.

But Samson & Loria corrupted all of the Miami politicians to the point where they breached the Hammes contract and paid a couple million in damages.

Donna didn't do those things. Samson and Loria and the City of Miami elected officials did those things.

I don't have access to my Navarro<Mandel<Adelson human centipede gif at work, but she took every opportunity to **** on the University for how things went down with Manny. **** her.
In other words, she talked about Manny’s team exactly the way most of this board did…

Advertisement
Am I allowed to raise my hand? Because when there were a bunch of (politically-motivated) posters on other sites who enjoyed slamming Shalala for overpaying for Cedars, I knew that the healthcare industry in SoFla was a monster, if a slumbering monster.

Think about it another way...when I went to UM, the full-time undergrad population was less than 9,000, yet we had the 7th largest law school in the country. The med school was also a disproportionate money-maker for UM. And the MBA program too, including the Exec MBA side of things.

And then when you go up in a tall building and look around, you realize that you are in the middle of a massive 3-county/3-city megalopolis in the 3rd largest state in the US.

All UM needed to do was hitch itself to something that could be bigger than a "small private school" tends to offer, particularly when you focus on graduate-degree type industries, things where your MDs and JDs and MBAs can flourish.

Glad to see it finally happen. Great idea by Shalala and great execution by Shalala and Frenk and Echevarria after a slow start. I may not be a huge Frenk fan as a university president, but I'm glad he put the right guy in the right spot and unlocked all that value.
Healthcare is a difficult industry, even in South Florida. There have been more than a few that couldn't stay afloat through bad management. I'm just glad they weren't one of them.

The Best part of the article is Mario advising ( it is less expensive to buy portable flooring than to rent same for each event) ...
You would think that all those hundreds of Phd.'s running around would be familiar with Business economics 101.

Basic, practical, and Winning.........Cristobal will Cristobal......he just can't help himself and we are the better for it....
Threw his 2 cents in with a smile and a wink, and **** if they are not going to listen.

Go Mario...

Healthcare is a difficult industry, even in South Florida. There have been more than a few that couldn't stay afloat through bad management. I'm just glad they weren't one of them.

Absolutely true.

But SoFla is down at the dangling ***** end of Florida, and when you pair it up with a gold-standard name (UM), you have the chance to establish a pretty nice name-brand with very little competition.

Advertisement
While I apprciate the reference, as has become abundantly clear more recently, it was actually Samson-Loria who poisoned the well.

Dade voters VOTED to renovate the Orange Bowl. City of Miami had a SIGNED CONTRACT with Hammes to renovate the Orange Bowl. Shalala didn't stop either of those things from happening.

But Samson & Loria corrupted all of the Miami politicians to the point where they breached the Hammes contract and paid a couple million in damages.

Donna didn't do those things. Samson and Loria and the City of Miami elected officials did those things.

EXACTLY. This is why I curse the marlins, & hope they lose every game they play lol. Can’t wait til they pack their tihs & get outta town.

Anyone else have Addison on the brain and get a little too excited from this thread title?

1651694680200.png

I don't have access to my Navarro<Mandel<Adelson human centipede gif at work, but she took every opportunity to **** on the University for how things went down with Manny. **** her.
Adelson is a pure knit-wit. She will speak and write about whatever is hot with no concern about the **** she smears along the way, and then go back with high praise later. It's worked for her, and we have all been reading it, so whatever, right?

Advertisement
This is insane (in a good way):

Details rarely go unnoticed. As Cristobal talks about his vision for the future, he sees the portable flooring placed on the turf for a dinner later that night for the 175 former players returning to campus.

Cristobal has already told administrators they should purchase the flooring instead of renting every time there is an event to save costs in the long run. That is just one brief conversation among the many he has had since he returned to his native Miami to a hero's welcome five months ago.

He is opining on costs savings on flooring? Lord. We all anticipated he'd build a foundation but we may have underestimated him still.
I love this haha

Advertisement
Am I the only ******* that thought the title said "Ink from Addison?" And then realized after reading several posts throughout the day that this has absolutely nothing to do with Addison at all. Carry on...

Sincerely,

The Village Idiot

1651698010587.png

In other words, she talked about Manny’s team exactly the way most of this board did…
Not at all what I was getting at. She dragged the university for not committing to Manny during its pursuit of Mario after BJ was fired. Her articles/tweets may as well have been titled "Poor Manny ".

Her, Manny Navarro and Stewart Mandell had their share of fun taking shots at the University throughout the entire process, even after Mario was hired they continued to ridicule the AD search.

They can all eat a bag of ****s.

Advertisement
Back