Mario defenders - Let’s hears those excuses

Advertisement
Yeah, when Mario had HIS team, with HIS talented players. That's my whole **** point. What happened against Utah LAST YEAR was all on Mario, and his juggernaut that he built.

So he ran into them as the better team last year. Welcome to football. Had he returned to the Ducks this year, you really don't think the Oregon team he built couldn't hang with what Utah looks like in 2022?

Utes were a very solid team last year and took a step back this year.

Cristobal went 31-9 at Oregon (throwing out the Pac-12's quirky, late-start, shortened COVID season—where he still won the conference). Let's not act like he wouldn't have Oregon in good shape this year had he returned to Eugene.

Nobody out there can rewrite history like jaded Canes fans the morning after a loss....

Butch fell to East Carolina twice; rocked at home 31-6 in 1996 and blowing a 23-3 lead in 1999, en route to a 27-23 loss for that transplanted game in Raleigh.

0-10 against Virginia Tech and Florida State between 1995 and 1999, as well.

Pretty silly to be all up in arms over a coaching staff four games in.

****, it took Butch four years to part way with Bill Miller on defense—getting rocked 66-13 (Syracuse) and 49-45 (UCLA) in back-to-back games before finally bringing in Schiano—yet fans want Gattis out after four games, as if that's how things work.
**** butch didn't make 8 million a yr and get the open book blank check like Mario has gotten. That sh@t was beyond pathetic yesterday

Last edited:
Advertisement
JJ lost to some good teams, with a DC who had one foot out the door all year. It's not the same, at all. JJ's Canes in 1984 would have dropped 50 on MTSU, and held them to under 20, even with the underperforming D.

Also, wasn't Auburn ranked #1 going into that game? There was a LOT of hype for them going into the season. Bo Jackson and all.
Auburn was edged out for the 83 ring.
We got a new coach,JJ, and Auburn circled the 84 season opener as a day of redemption.
And it was, for MIAMI..

I give Mario 3 years to get to the ACC championship. To win we need elite talent period. There is a reason the SEC is tops, not by a coincidence. You cannot take donkeys and make the thoroughbreds.

Butch fell to East Carolina twice; rocked at home 31-6 in 1996 and blowing a 23-3 lead in 1999, en route to a 27-23 loss for that transplanted game in Raleigh.

****, it took Butch four years to part way with Bill Miller on defense—getting rocked 66-13 (Syracuse) and 49-45 (UCLA) in back-to-back games before finally bringing in Schiano—yet fans want Gattis out after four games, as if that's how things work.
Are you comparing when Butch came in on a scholarship and talent shortage?

Advertisement

Totally different circumstances. Butch has sanctions and it was his first gig as HC. This is Mario’s third time as HC. Growing pains should be over.

I’ll start it off:

Rome wasn’t built in a day

He didn’t open up the playbook yet

Don't be a fan later

These are Manny’s players
I am a Mario supporter, and wanted him here from day 1. No need to defend he’s literally in game 4 of his 8yr contract. Should we beat MTSU of course but I’m also not blind to the crap roster and culture manny left. It is what it is, if this is happening in year 3 or 4 than burn the MFer down but all you folks, like every year, and this typically includes me, have our O & G shades on and think we have a better team than we do.

Do you think Mario wants to play DJ Ivey and a 5’10 LB in Corey Flagg??? Dude really has no chance because the lack of depth and players manny left. See what happens when we play the freshman they get toasted and that’s just inexperience. You folks can’t have it both ways.

Let the young kids play and be okay with the poor results or have a mixture of the young kids and older super seniors play and have a little better results.

Our team is lacking depth, thanks to Manny. I’m not happy with these loses but done overreacting.

Mario is who I wanted and I’m riding with them till at least he gets some of his players in here. I knew by hiring him we wouldn’t have the Lashlee passing game, but last year Michigan put up 443yds per game and we had 448yds with Gattis.

Even Nick Saban would have trouble getting some of these kids to play in year one.

Advertisement
He's a good recruiter, can still evolve his offensive approach, and per some sauces they weren't gonna hire Kiffin or Freeze so the only other real option was keeping Manny.

Can we drop the fallacy of, "not a good Game Day coach" already? It's literally the most important day of his week. You are as good as you are on Game Day.

When we were making the hire everyone should have known this is what we were getting. Mario is a program builder, brick by brick kind of guy. We hired him for long term stability (which is what most of you guys clamored for btw). Not a short term fixer. Exact reason I preferred somebody that would be innovative at least on one side of the ball. Having said that, my preference was primarily only because I'm sick of watching us lose and I don't have the patience for another 3-5 year makeover, not a knock of Mario. All for being critical but got to let him get a whole class full of his recruits before I can make a real assessment. My biggest fear was what is happening now though, can we actually hold on to a class for once while stinking it up on the field. Mario is up against it. Needs to hire some innovative coordinators or it will end up more like a 10-15 year rebuild.

Advertisement
Only defenses would be

1. major talent is hurt:
Best 3 Rbs out
Best OT out, did we even rotate kids?
Best 2 WRs out
Stevenson out the second half

2. You can’t turn a 7-5 team with major holes and make them a 10-2 team. To fix this problem, we have to stop the talent from leaving early AND have to land more talent.

3. Gattis wasn’t his 1,2,3,4th choice.

Personally, I still see some major personnel issues that are 100% a coaching issue. If you can’t get the kids on the field, you can’t blame the kids for the failures when they aren’t our best kids.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a sobering dose of reality for me Daaaaamn, Miami should never lose to MTSU and got totally outplayed WOW. I still believe Mario gonna fix this. North Carolina should tell us something.
Cot **** what has happened to Van Dimes just hard to believe what your seeing.

Yesterday was a sobering dose of reality for me Daaaaamn, Miami should never lose to MTSU and got totally outplayed WOW. I still believe Mario gonna fix this. North Carolina should tell us something.
Cot **** what has happened to Van Dimes just hard to believe what your seeing.
TVD is so uncomfortable idk what’s wrong but u have to go with Garcia I think he had command and touch to his balls. More PT he should be a stud

Advertisement
Back