Mario Cristobal on Markel Bell

People on the board have suggested he’s a year away

So this is great news

If he’s legit I still like the idea of Mauigoa replacing Cohen. He can be even better than Cohen there.

Rivers
Mauigoa
Carpenter
Cooper
Bell/Samson/McCoy

But obviously Mauigoa can handle RT as well so just depends on that group of young guys and Bell and how they step up to get the best 5 out there
I could be in the minority here but I would like to see someone step up to challenge Cooper. He came in as a TF with a chip on his shoulder and worked his *** off. Played very well as a TF for a TF. This is just my opinion last year he was pretty good but I do think he seemed to lose a little of that chip. Lost a bit of the nasty streak I saw from him earlier. Who knows maybe he got a nice check, got him a SOBE latina and is kickin it but I think some true competition would do wonders there.

Also insane to think of the OL mario has built here so quickly. Your list does not even include Kinsler who we have heard they are sky high about as well and he is likely a year away from making an impact if he develops how they envisioned. I am still interested to see how Frankie fills out. Rodriguez, Logan, Washington and Tripp may be on the outside looking in if they dont step up in a hurry. Then you have your new youngins in Nino, Minaya, and Plazz

Advertisement
I think he starts unless they’re keeping rivers at tackle. I knew our trenches would be good wasn’t thinking it would be this fast shout out mirabal and Mario

Advertisement
Advertisement
One thing is for sure, our oline is set and will be exceptional for the next 2 years just based on who’s here right now.

Him and against our new DL pups in practice...

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Advertisement
I sent this to an nfl scout familiar with Mario and he said he hasn’t heard him talk about an OLineman like this before he steps on campus.

I would keep a very close eye on the potential for Bell to play early here.
2 yrs of eligibility?

**** I remember when we had undersized guards starting at tackle. Now we got some legit monsters and even some on the bench😂 looking forward to seeing whatever lineup is out there mauling the opps.

Attachments

• IMG_4367.png
    IMG_4367.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Rivers slides to LG. To me, that's where he plays in the NFL

LT - Bell/Samson
LG- Rivers
C - Carpenter
RG - Cooper
RT - Mauigoa

Wow!

That looks like a lot of fun to watch. At least 7 deep when you include McCoy who was our 6th lineman this year.

Advertisement
Back