Mario Cristobal on Markel Bell

Advertisement
Obviously a tackle. Too tall to play guard IMO.

He plays RT or LT and whichever he plays, that person slides to LG (Rivers or Mauigoa).

Insane that McCoy and Samson are still likely to be outside looking in on this line. Kinsler too. Those are some massive kids that could probably start next year on 90% of FBS lines in the country.

He plays RT or LT and whichever he plays, that person slides to LG (Rivers or Mauigoa).

Insane that McCoy and Samson are still likely to be outside looking in on this line. Kinsler too. Those are some massive kids that could probably start next year on 90% of FBS lines in the country.
Finally getting much needed depth

Advertisement
Finally getting much needed depth
Finally. Even crazier... in 2019 we started true freshman Zion at 285 , Scaife at 295, Gaynor at 295, Campbell at 295, and Donaldson at 340. We had 1 guy above 300 pounds starting on our OL. Don't think we had another 305+ guy even on the bench.

Next year 4/5 are 335+ and 7 of our top 9 are 325+ - only exceptions are the Center and McCoy who is right around 300-305.

Advertisement

Insane that McCoy and Samson are still likely to be outside looking in on this line. Kinsler too.
Those are some massive kids that could probably start next year on 90% of FBS lines in the country.
Was literally coming to post this. That’s how the 2 deep is supposed to look. Very encouraging for the future for sure. Makes it easier to take fliers on some other guys as pieces to mold and develop for 2-3 years down the line.

Advertisement
OL is going to be sick whatever the lineup is.

When the possibilities exist that talent like Kinsler, McCoy or Cooper could slide to first off the bench you know you’re cooking.

Canes were extrordinarily lucky this year with injuries. I can't recall any of the starters missing games or large portions of games. We are probably due for some regression of injury luck

A beautiful thing.

Advertisement
This is a sensitive subject on this board but I think this is our best version of the Oline. Rivers also projects as a Guard in the NFL. I know he played well at LT last year, but still feel like he moves inside.
So, when you read that a OL like Mauigoa is the #1 OT coming out of HS, take it with a grain of salt. In short order, it'll be revealed he wasn't really an OT at all.

Those HS recruiting ratings go by what position the kid played in HS, not the position they are best-suited to play in college? That how it works?

That was his full answer.

I think Rivers and Mauigoa are both possibilities to slide to guard. Both are interior linemen at the next level most likely.
I have been wondering about what position best suits Mauigoa. Is he a good to very good OT who might benefit from dropping a few pounds to gain some quickness or is he an Elite G? He just seems to fit the profile of an agile, mauling G.

Hopefully Samson stays too

Its nice to have a coach who makes OL the priority
If Samson leaves means he was a bad eval or bust I mean that’s what Bama and uga do. They get high rated guys that leave cause they don’t play to that ranking. Sometimes we will have bad evals that’s going to happen when u roster stack. So if he’s a jag I won’t mind if he leaves, if he’s good he will play.

Advertisement
Back