Mario built this Oregon team or did he?

And, lost to an unranked Stanford team three games later. And, then got destroyed by Utah a few weeks later.

That same Ohio St. team defeated Utah in the Rose bowl game. Where was Mario team when all this happened?

Oh, see how the goalposts move? You asked what he had won. I pointed out a pretty epic win. Now you're on to something else.

Pathetic.

Advertisement
Oh, see how the goalposts move? You asked what he had won. I pointed out a pretty epic win. Now you're on to something else.

Pathetic.
I should've stated championships since that's what I was referring to in my original post. I'll give you that.

Originally, I was referring to championships.

Ok. Lanning is in year 2. He'll get better over time. Also, he did start off at 3rd base due to the foundation that Mario has re-established.

On Mario, I wouldn't classify him as a proven winner (Tier 1). That's reserved for the elite coaches. I consider Mario as a top 35 coach that will get you 10 wins, conf championship, and bowl wins.

Let me ask you this, what has Mario won since Justin Herbert left?
Beat the #3 in the nation, but you know that's know. But dont let the facts get in the way. Continue...

And, lost to an unranked Stanford team three games later. And, then got destroyed by Utah a few weeks later.

That same Ohio St. team defeated Utah in the Rose bowl game. Where was Mario team when all this happened?
Lannin's Oregon got beat by Washington twice. Your point?

Ok. Lanning is in year 2. He'll get better over time. Also, he did start off at 3rd base due to the foundation that Mario has re-established.

On Mario, I wouldn't classify him as a proven winner (Tier 1). That's reserved for the elite coaches. I consider Mario as a top 35 coach that will get you 10 wins, conf championship, and bowl wins.

if you're legitimately asking that question, he won a pac 12 title after Herbert left with Tyler Shough

Advertisement
Washington is a top 5 team
Ohio state was top 3 team and he won and he didn't have Heisman contender. As matter of fact, Ohio state had Heisman contender and Mario was missing his best DL.

I don't think lanning has beaten Washington since he has gotten there, I could he wrong.

Here thing Brohamus, I care if you like Mario or you don't. Just be consistent in your argument. Don't **** Mario, and prop another coach when technically Mario has has accomplished more in the same time frame with the same team.

What Mario did at Oregon has d*ck to do with him at Miami. He's been gone from there for 2 years now and the roster is like 90% of players Lanning brought in. Mariobros continuously bring up his record at Oregon as if he's not currently 12-12 overall, with a 6-10 ACC record. Most of us are hoping he's able to turn it around, but so far he's underachieved, given the salary, resources, and commitment by UM that he's been given.

Advertisement
Ohio state was top 3 team and he won and he didn't have Heisman contender. As matter of fact, Ohio state had Heisman contender and Mario was missing his best DL.

I don't think lanning has beaten Washington since he has gotten there, I could he wrong.

Here thing Brohamus, I care if you like Mario or you don't. Just be consistent in your argument. Don't **** Mario, and prop another coach when technically Mario has has accomplished more in the same time frame with the same team.
Where did I **** on Mario?

1701548843417.png

Yet what did Mario do in his four years there? Clocks ticking on Lanning, tick tock tick tock. I can tell you he won't win crap but one of your participation trophies.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What Mario did at Oregon has d*ck to do with him at Miami. He's been gone from there for 2 years now and the roster is like 90% of players Lanning brought in. Mariobros continuously bring up his record at Oregon as if he's not currently 12-12 overall, with a 6-10 ACC record. Most of us are hoping he's able to turn it around, but so far he's underachieved, given the salary, resources, and commitment by UM that he's been given.

It has nothing so with mariosbros or Mario haters. It's about being consistent. People go out of there way to dismiss what he has accomplished. I just dislike when people go just make up **** to **** on our coach.

Two things can be true. Is he underachieving here at the moment? Yes. Did he have Oregon as a top 10 program? Yes.

Are there better coaches out there than Mario? Absolutely. Could we have abstract those coaches during are current state in 2021? Absolutely not. Mario force this administration to do what they have never done: Invest in the program.

Will Mario win a Natty here? Who knows. But will he make this program a landing spot for top elite coach? Yes.

Real question, can someone point to a coach that was able to turn an objectively bad program (akin to 2020-2021 Miami) into a national contender in 2 years?

Saban didn’t do it at Bama in that amount of time
Smart inherited Richt’s tenure and still took time
Maybe Urban at Florida? Don’t think OSU was “bad” when he took over there.

Advertisement
Back