Mario and Mirabal’s Offensive Mentality

Half this board thinks Air Raid is just throwing it every down. Literally no team is that unbalanced today. Leach was the only coach still passing on 70% of plays and well, he’s not exactly coaching anymore.
Lies No GIF

Advertisement
The lack of creativity in the running game, and repeatedly running the ball on the majority of our 1st downs from games 6-10 was our biggest glaring issue, in my opinion.

When the opposing defense, the entire stadium, and the people watching on TV know that you’re gonna run it up the middle, bad things are gonna happen. We tended to do the same thing on 3rd & short. At some point, making your opponent guess should be in the equation.

Also, you say that opposing DC’s adjusted after the 4th game. Well, aren’t our coaches supposed to be able to themselves make adjustments to counter the opposing DC’s adjustments? At least that’s what good coordinators/play callers do.

As I stated before, I will never blindly follow any coach. I know that I’m just a fan, and an unimportant amoeba in the big scheme of things. But after nearly two decades of mediocrity, any rational fan would know that words are cheap, and results on the field are what counts. At some point the play calling and game day coaching has to match the talent level, or at least not be a deterrent to it in order to create a winning culture.

Hopefully, this season we will finally see it all come together and at least be able to win a respectable 9 games.
Very little innovation, and it makes me cringe.

It’s not that Mario wants to run the ball.

By all means, run it down their throat.

It’s the way he wants to run it. Out of bunched boxes with no spacing, piano TEs, and zero RPO or motion to give some eye candy to the defense.

It’s not that he wants to run the ball. It’s that he wants to run the ball like Joe Paterno did in 1995.
Uh I absolutely think a **** of a lot of the criticism is purely centered around that simple fact that Mario wants to run the ball lol.

Bunched formations is not a problem, regardless what people on here say. It's not like we always run condensed sets. In fact we mostly really did that when TVD was out and when they completely stopped trusting him. We ran a lot of plain ole spread too. I'd argue this more conservative aproach was 95% Qb performance driven/led. And some games the plan worked - like Clemson, and most of FSU. Also the idea that not being super spaced out doesn't work it weird considering Michigan just dominated doing exactly that and running the ball at a rate **** near double us lol. YOu'd absolutely have people here *****ing if we had Michigans offense up to the moment the national Championship game was over with a W. THat's just a fact.

Piano TEs (I assume you mean blocking tes) isn't really a problem either. How often we had to use them was, but again I don't think that was what the coaches WANTED to do. The problem was we had no good TEs last year since Arroyo was injured, Riley and Carver were freshman (and riley had drop issues), and Skinner was a twig also with drop issues. So if you wanna blame mario for that put that on the roster management really. That only left Cam who isn't good. Arroyo being healthy and Riley having another year of developement hopefully fixes that aspect. Run blocking TEs (and 12/22 sets) are a staple of many top offenses. Personally I have been saying for a whilte that I've viewed portal TE as one of the biggest needs on this team period, and am disappointed we didn't land anyone and Cam got another year.

RPO - we did run a bit. **** I distinctly remember running like 4 or 5 against FSU that Emory couldn't hit a slant on to save his life. And with Cam Ward, we will certainly incorporate more. And this thread literally got picked back up because Mirabal wasn't commenting on a coach being disapointed his QB didn't hand ball off. If Cam does that we will see less RPOs as well. A lot of our offensive gamplan last year was impacted by TVD having a brain aneurism to go along with whatever other injuries he had....

I'll agree on the lack of motion though. But also people think motion is more for the defense to distract them on a jet motion or something when it's not so much. Theres motions during snap and pre-snap. Very different. Pre snap it's mostly about helping Qb diagnose and trying to force mismatches on defense. But snap motion is used even less in CFB than it even is in the NFL. I'd think pace has a lot to do with it. You're not going to be running high paced offense with a lot of motion at the snap. It definitely increases EPA, but it's it's used around 20% of time in NFL, so even being at that rate would be high in CFB. Regular motion is used like 50-60% in NFL now...

@TRick72 - I have a huge amount of respect for your posts despite our differences in some areas. My main point to the minions of bashing our coaches and thiss PHYZICAL mantra like Mario is straight on meat-head.

The bottom line is you want a balanced offensive output. We all know you want to be able to diversity. Mario is trying to build up the trenches to be straight BULLIES. All of the national championship teams as I posted beside, were top 50. Most were top 20. If we can not run well we are very unlikely to win the NC.

I’m open to debate. I don’t enjoy being Face Palmed without at list a hint of what was so dumbfounding about my thoughts.
At an
Not only is this just not true but what does it have to do with me saying they should be more creative lol

I don’t think this board understands that majority of cfb qbs can’t just read defenses at a high levek. No **** the limited qb who is hurt is gonna play like **** when u max protect and the defense is dropping 7 or 8 guys into coverage..yea the windows will be tight. And majority of his picks weren’t even when he targeted X lol yall just repeat **** u see others say.

Yall gotta go actually learn what u are watching instead of just looking at the result of a play
Ill bet you a six pack of beers you’re wrong if you want to go over pick by pick.

He forced so many ungodly throws it’s not funny and on almost every pick there was a WR open, about to be open, or a high school QB would have thrown it away.

Piano TEs (I assume you mean blocking tes) isn't really a problem either. How often we had to use them was, but again I don't think that was what the coaches WANTED to do. The problem was we had no good TEs last year since Arroyo was injured, Riley and Carver were freshman (and riley had drop issues), and Skinner was a twig also with drop issues. So if you wanna blame mario for that put that on the roster management really. That only left Cam who isn't good. Arroyo being healthy and Riley having another year of developement hopefully fixes that aspect. Run blocking TEs (and 12/22 sets) are a staple of many top offenses. Personally I have been saying for a whilte that I've viewed portal TE as one of the biggest needs on this team period, and am disappointed we didn't land anyone and Cam got another year.

But we don’t have to play a TE.

I don’t blame Mario for the TE room.
I blame Mario for putting a TE out there.

It isn’t illegal to go with 4 WRs. And we would have been much better off doing just that. The offense was better when we went 4 wide.

But Mario just isn’t going to do that a lot, even when both personnel and success demand it. Because of what he envisions and what he forces the offense to be.

Advertisement
It’s weird how people make excuses for a lot of what we did by pointing to problems in the personnel. “TEs sucked.” “TVD went mental and so the offense had to be turtled up.” Etc. So then the argument becomes the offense was reactionary to the season, but not ideally what Mario wants to do.

Then you look at the metrics and compare it to all of Mario’s other seasons, and it’s basically every offense Mario has ever had.

@TRick72 - I have a huge amount of respect for your posts despite our differences in some areas. My main point to the minions of bashing our coaches and thiss PHYZICAL mantra like Mario is straight on meat-head.

The bottom line is you want a balanced offensive output. We all know you want to be able to diversity. Mario is trying to build up the trenches to be straight BULLIES. All of the national championship teams as I posted beside, were top 50. Most were top 20. If we can not run well we are very unlikely to win the NC.

I’m open to debate. I don’t enjoy being Face Palmed without at list a hint of what was so dumbfounding about my thoughts.

U bring up an interesting dynamic; I think u bring up solid points, & I agree being balanced is a fundamental prerequisite to being a key contender.

However, as I brought up in another post, tough & physical (I’ll spell it correctly since this is a discussion that needs to be had) is much more than how many times a team runs the ball v. pass the ball. As I’ve corrected many posters who thought UofM is a mirrored image of us b/c of their propensity to dominate the L.O.S, and impose their will is sadly mistaken. So are all the other teams U’ve listed.

Here’s the difference of what they’ve ran vs. Mario’s time here at Miami so far:

1. All those teams play complimentary football meaning they’ll motion to set up the run, & that same motion may look like the same exact play, but a pass can come from it. In essence, their identity is not simply pound the ball (pause), but rather use various offensive concepts that mirror each other, including formations to throw off their opponent’s defensive scheme. So yes the run is the foundation, but from the run u’ll see several variations of different offensive sets.

I’m literally calling out our plays pre-snap b/c we have zero intuitiveness, nor are we playing complimentary football from the run. Which brings me to

2. Utilizations of TEs; I’m going to post some stats from all the Nat’l Championship teams from 2013 - present, strictly from the TE position:

2013 FSU (O’Leary: 33 rec. 557 yards 7 TDs)
2014 OSU: (Vannett: 19 rec. 220 yards 6 TDs)
2015 Bama: (Howard: 38 rec. 602 yards 2 TDs)
2016 Clemson: (Leggett: 46 rec. 736 yards 7 TDs)
2017 Bama: (Smith: 14 rec. 128 yards 3 TDs)
2018 Clemson: (Galloway: 5 rec. 52 yards 1 TD)
2019 LSU: (Moss: 47 rec. 570 yards 4 TDs)
2020 Bama: (Billingsly: 18 rec. 287 yards 3 TDs)
2021 UGA: (Bowers: 56 rec. 882 yards 13 TDs
2022 UGA: (Bowers: 63 rec. 942 yards 7 TDs)
2023: UofM: (Loveland: 45 rec. 649 yards 4 TDs)
2023 Miami: (TE ROOM: 18 rec. 154 yards 1 TD)

Over the last 11 seasons, all but one team (2018 Clemson) featured their TEs in the passing game. Why is this important? B/c the TE is a gadget that sets up both the run (as a blocker) & pass (as a decoy for a blocker or as a mismatch for a LB trying to cover them). I found it infuriating that posters on this board tried to justify our lack of utility of using the TE in the pass game. In essence, bringing in a TE strictly as a blocker is the purist definition of “bro ball” b/c it tips the hand as this position being nothing more than a glorified blocker, meaning whether in the run or pass, the defense don’t have to worry about them.

Hence, I continue to admonish this fan base to watch more CFB games & stop assuming b/c a team is dominating the L.O.S that this is what Mario is trying to establish, b/c it ain’t the same.

3. Efficiency. Out of the 11 past Nat’l Champions, all ranked top 15 in the nation in scoring except 1 team, the 2015 Bama team ranked top 30. However, that same 2015 Bama team had a monstrous defense, ranking 3rd in total defense & scoring defense. That’s the only outlier. From FSU to UofM, they’ve all ranked top 15 in scoring offense. Once again, this proves they are more than just “physical.”

The problem with our philosophy is that it’s both archaic and unimaginative. It’s already been reported in the season that Mauigoa was tipping off defenses by his formation. If we ever motioned a TE, it was 100% of the time to become a lead blocker, chipping or crack backing. So yes, u need to run the ball & I don’t think anyone has ever argued against that; however, we’re bro ball b/c even when we pass, it’s in a box. When we run, it’s in a box.

Even if teams r running tight formations, they are using it as flexed options. An RPO may come from it, a play action may come from it, a TE wheel route may come from it, a pitch may come from it, an iso up the middle may come from it, a counter may come from it, a RB wheel route may come from it, etc etc etc. We know what we’re getting w/ a tight formation, & that’s why we have an inefficient offense against solid teams, and exploit FCS & G5 teams.

But we don’t have to play a TE.

I don’t blame Mario for the TE room.
I blame Mario for putting a TE out there.

It isn’t illegal to go with 4 WRs. And we would have been much better off doing just that. The offense was better when we went 4 wide.

But Mario just isn’t going to do that a lot, even when both personnel and success demand it. Because of what he envisions and what he forces the offense to be.
Completely disagree that "we don't have to play a TE". I think that would be a horrible Idea for TEU to not play with a ******* TE lol.
We went 10 personel quite a bit, especially towards the very beginning and end of the year. But if you're not going to be able to pass out of 10 personnel, then what use is it? That's why when TVD crumbled and we had to play a true freshman against our two best opponents - Clemson and FSU - that wasn't an option. And keep in mind the actual results in those games. We beat Clemson. And had a good shot at beating undefeated FSU until Emory broke his arm.

Or maybe yall are just confused thinking we were running so much condensed formations and running the ball 60% of the time against GTech, UNC, and the like with TVD lol?

It's so incredibly simple - TVD died and killed our offense last season - and it was still a pretty good offense. This year we are going to magically be far better and people will start saying Mario stopped meddling... well until we lose a game or the offense falters a bit, then he'll just pop out of nowhere to interfere, right? lol

Completely disagree that "we don't have to play a TE". I think that would be a horrible Idea for TEU to not play with a ******* TE lol.
We went 10 personel quite a bit, especially towards the very beginning and end of the year. But if you're not going to be able to pass out of 10 personnel, then what use is it? That's why when TVD crumbled and we had to play a true freshman against our two best opponents - Clemson and FSU - that wasn't an option. And keep in mind the actual results in those games. We beat Clemson. And had a good shot at beating undefeated FSU until Emory broke his arm.

Or maybe yall are just confused thinking we were running so much condensed formations and running the ball 60% of the time against GTech, UNC, and the like with TVD lol?

It's so incredibly simple - TVD died and killed our offense last season - and it was still a pretty good offense. This year we are going to magically be far better and people will start saying Mario stopped meddling... well until we lose a game or the offense falters a bit, then he'll just pop out of nowhere to interfere, right? lol
Mario hitched his wagon to TVD from day 1. Imploded the QB room in 2022, then doubled down and didn’t improve it last offseason riding again with TVD. Mario ****ed around and found out…

Advertisement
Mario hitched his wagon to TVD from day 1. Imploded the QB room in 2022, then doubled down and didn’t improve it last offseason riding again with TVD. Mario ****ed around and found out…
I don't blame him for sticking with TVD tbh. I would have done the same. He very obviously has talent to be a great Qb. And then by the time he started playing games to transfer out in spring we really could have been left with nothing but our **** in our hand. Now keep in mind when that came out I had said I'd 100% move on from TVD if we could. But is it realistic to get rid of your entrenched QB1 for a portal QB1 in the spring? Is it likely that works out better than just keeping the guys with talent and hoping he gets his head on straight and grows?

And for as much as yall ***** about not getting a QB2 that is FAR easier said than done. Look at how much yall were *****ing about Poffenbarger even though it was obvious he was brought in to be a QB2. He just can't win.
Its simple, everyone here will continue to be negative about everything and anything until we start winning more. Me personally I think we definitely could have won more the past 2 years, but ultimately if I take the W/L record out of it and just judge by what the actual on field performances and talent building, I think we have taken 2 very strong steps forward, and this year we should be in CFP contention for sure. But I have a long-term success and overall strength of the program view.

Play & Use are two totally different things. Yes, we played TEs every game & they got major snaps, but utilizing them is a far different story & the stats back it up.

But, TVD is no longer here so that built in excuse is no longer viable. The offense should be 10x better than last season.

Play & Use are two totally different things. Yes, we played TEs every game & they got major snaps, but utilizing them is a far different story & the stats back it up.

But, TVD is no longer here so that built in excuse is no longer viable. The offense should be 10x better than last season.
The thing Is while I do expect the peak of the offense to improve, I also wouldn't expect this offense to be more than a marginal improvement over like the Texas A&M performance. The truth is that performance was excellent. The part that I agree will make the offense this year 10x better is I don't expect us to have a 4/5 game stretch of just being complete *** due to QB play. So I agree with your point. But I'm just adding I'd say the way it'll improve is the floor will be significantly raised, the median play will be a solid improvement, and the peak will only be marginally improved.... And while everyone complains about the offense last year, it was still a 10x improvement over the prior year as well.

I don't blame him for sticking with TVD tbh. I would have done the same. He very obviously has talent to be a great Qb. And then by the time he started playing games to transfer out in spring we really could have been left with nothing but our **** in our hand. Now keep in mind when that came out I had said I'd 100% move on from TVD if we could. But is it realistic to get rid of your entrenched QB1 for a portal QB1 in the spring? Is it likely that works out better than just keeping the guys with talent and hoping he gets his head on straight and grows?

And for as much as yall ***** about not getting a QB2 that is FAR easier said than done. Look at how much yall were *****ing about Poffenbarger even though it was obvious he was brought in to be a QB2. He just can't win.
Its simple, everyone here will continue to be negative about everything and anything until we start winning more. Me personally I think we definitely could have won more the past 2 years, but ultimately if I take the W/L record out of it and just judge by what the actual on field performances and talent building, I think we have taken 2 very strong steps forward, and this year we should be in CFP contention for sure. But I have a long-term success and overall strength of the program view.
Indeed. That is why people are *****ing…

Advertisement
Why do fans choose to look at the good that they embrace and say our qb is Killin it. Our wr group is Killin it. Then the second the results fall apart they blame the head coach,the offensive line coach say the oc and the qb are micromanaged when the vast majority of the plays being ran are exactly the same as the ones we ran previously? I get it's convenient to constantly blame the known commodity for everything. But once in a while people can try to use their brains as well.
Did we all not watch or QB fall into mental shambles, followed by some sort of medical
U bring up an interesting dynamic; I think u bring up solid points, & I agree being balanced is a fundamental prerequisite to being a key contender.

However, as I brought up in another post, tough & physical (I’ll spell it correctly since this is a discussion that needs to be had) is much more than how many times a team runs the ball v. pass the ball. As I’ve corrected many posters who thought UofM is a mirrored image of us b/c of their propensity to dominate the L.O.S, and impose their will is sadly mistaken. So are all the other teams U’ve listed.

Here’s the difference of what they’ve ran vs. Mario’s time here at Miami so far:

1. All those teams play complimentary football meaning they’ll motion to set up the run, & that same motion may look like the same exact play, but a pass can come from it. In essence, their identity is not simply pound the ball (pause), but rather use various offensive concepts that mirror each other, including formations to throw off their opponent’s defensive scheme. So yes the run is the foundation, but from the run u’ll see several variations of different offensive sets.

I’m literally calling out our plays pre-snap b/c we have zero intuitiveness, nor are we playing complimentary football from the run. Which brings me to

2. Utilizations of TEs; I’m going to post some stats from all the Nat’l Championship teams from 2013 - present, strictly from the TE position:

Over the last 11 seasons, all but one team (2018 Clemson) featured their TEs in the passing game. Why is this important? B/c the TE is a gadget that sets up both the run (as a blocker) & pass (as a decoy for a blocker or as a mismatch for a LB trying to cover them). I found it infuriating that posters on this board tried to justify our lack of utility of using the TE in the pass game. In essence, bringing in a TE strictly as a blocker is the purist definition of “bro ball” b/c it tips the hand as this position being nothing more than a glorified blocker, meaning whether in the run or pass, the defense don’t have to worry about them.

Hence, I continue to admonish this fan base to watch more CFB games & stop assuming b/c a team is dominating the L.O.S that this is what Mario is trying to establish, b/c it ain’t the same.

3. Efficiency. Out of the 11 past Nat’l Champions, all ranked top 15 in the nation in scoring except 1 team, the 2015 Bama team ranked top 30. However, that same 2015 Bama team had a monstrous defense, ranking 3rd in total defense & scoring defense. That’s the only outlier. From FSU to UofM, they’ve all ranked top 15 in scoring offense. Once again, this proves they are more than just “physical.”

The problem with our philosophy is that it’s both archaic and unimaginative. It’s already been reported in the season that Mauigoa was tipping off defenses by his formation. If we ever motioned a TE, it was 100% of the time to become a lead blocker, chipping or crack backing. So yes, u need to run the ball & I don’t think anyone has ever argued against that; however, we’re bro ball b/c even when we pass, it’s in a box. When we run, it’s in a box.

Even if teams r running tight formations, they are using it as flexed options. An RPO may come from it, a play action may come from it, a TE wheel route may come from it, a pitch may come from it, an iso up the middle may come from it, a counter may come from it, a RB wheel route may come from it, etc etc etc. We know what we’re getting w/ a tight formation, & that’s why we have an inefficient offense against solid teams, and exploit FCS & G5 teams.
I think we are argumenting semantics sir. I agree with and have confirmed in my other posts that offensive ingenuity, motion, RPOs, hot routes, utility of all skilled position players wasn’t up to what we need and want from this team.

I’m not sure how much of that is partly/mostly in play because of our QBs mental breakdown. When the only QB ( Mario issue) completely loses is mental faculties right before your eyes everyone gets shook.

You tighten up the playb

I believe we are both intelligent sports fan that are basically saying the same things with some outliers that we may completely disagree.

I agree the offensive ingenuity needs to be elevated exponentially. Where I “pause “ wonder how much of our offensive playbook began to be cut heck all out abandoned as our QB had a historic mental collapse. They absolutely tightened up on TVD more after GaTech bed wetting. They coaches were losing faith at ratio 1/2 of speed of his mental breakdown. Then even further when they were forced to play Emory because of his bizarre injury (that he also lied about). I completely agree that Dawson must and will be more creative with Ward. We must and should find a lot more ways to get RBs but especially TEs involved. It clearly made no sense to run a RPO that also had a QB run part when the only time QB used it he scored a 9 yard touchdown run. That is how much respect defenses had for that wasted threat. We ran the darn inside trap Wayyyy too many times for anyone’s sanity. Dawson needs some alone time with Joe Bills OC and Mike Dolphins HC to run balanced offensive systems both utilize many different run variations and Dolphin’s motion game was off the rails inventive.

I believe it was you or maybe another poster who pointed out the way Dawson called the A&M game versus GaTech on until Louisville.

I believe TVD (as a former CFB player I don’t like blaming the players especially for a significant part of a team’s failures) is the most significant factor in how our season turned out.

Not only did GaTech expose his kryptonite but exposed his mental frailty and his lack of leadership. His demeanor was either indifferent/or poor me. He didn’t lead with accountability, with passion, with his voice, but instead lead himself straight to the bench with binge face and spine of the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Sorry being a bit dramatic but yes TVD ruined our season.

That said our coaches need improvement. Time management-yes, player discipline - 50/50 but there must be enforcement of penalty on player that continue to play without control and discipline eventually must be cut. Offensive play calling, creativity- yes we discussed this in depth and I agree with all the weaknesses you see.

My issue is the constant blasting of HC continuously repeating the same things over/over without 1. Bringing something new to the conversation. Just regurgitating poster x’s thought to the infinity. 2 Not realizing Mario has had been informed in definitive words of his flaws and is going to fight with every last breath to complete the task for the U. If he fails it won’t be because of effort or lack of knowing where his current faults lay.
3. He has made just about every necessary move to address issues we had with this roster and is still looking.
4. People attacking the coaches constantly without even trying to find some positivity since recruits do read these boards or bringing some knowledge based data or hey maybe even some data/video to support constructive criticism.

We all want the same thing. I prefer not live in mopersville a lot of our fans clearly do which is fine but try to keep that negativity to yourself unless you’re bringing a new perspective or some new data/news/videos of relevance. Mopers come in as groups of 5 every couple hours to circle jerk on their “witty” Mario trashing.

I need results though next year too. Make or break year for Mario 10 wins or bust with healthy Cam and beast Oline/Dline.

Again have nothing but respect for your football knowledge. It seems to me you played college ball as well.

Did we all not watch or QB fall into mental shambles, followed by some sort of medical

I think we are argumenting semantics sir. I agree with and have confirmed in my other posts that offensive ingenuity, motion, RPOs, hot routes, utility of all skilled position players wasn’t up to what we need and want from this team.

I’m not sure how much of that is partly/mostly in play because of our QBs mental breakdown. When the only QB ( Mario issue) completely loses is mental faculties right before your eyes everyone gets shook.

You tighten up the playb

I believe we are both intelligent sports fan that are basically saying the same things with some outliers that we may completely disagree.

I agree the offensive ingenuity needs to be elevated exponentially. Where I “pause “ wonder how much of our offensive playbook began to be cut heck all out abandoned as our QB had a historic mental collapse. They absolutely tightened up on TVD more after GaTech bed wetting. They coaches were losing faith at ratio 1/2 of speed of his mental breakdown. Then even further when they were forced to play Emory because of his bizarre injury (that he also lied about). I completely agree that Dawson must and will be more creative with Ward. We must and should find a lot more ways to get RBs but especially TEs involved. It clearly made no sense to run a RPO that also had a QB run part when the only time QB used it he scored a 9 yard touchdown run. That is how much respect defenses had for that wasted threat. We ran the darn inside trap Wayyyy too many times for anyone’s sanity. Dawson needs some alone time with Joe Bills OC and Mike Dolphins HC to run balanced offensive systems both utilize many different run variations and Dolphin’s motion game was off the rails inventive.

I believe it was you or maybe another poster who pointed out the way Dawson called the A&M game versus GaTech on until Louisville.

I believe TVD (as a former CFB player I don’t like blaming the players especially for a significant part of a team’s failures) is the most significant factor in how our season turned out.

Not only did GaTech expose his kryptonite but exposed his mental frailty and his lack of leadership. His demeanor was either indifferent/or poor me. He didn’t lead with accountability, with passion, with his voice, but instead lead himself straight to the bench with binge face and spine of the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Sorry being a bit dramatic but yes TVD ruined our season.

That said our coaches need improvement. Time management-yes, player discipline - 50/50 but there must be enforcement of penalty on player that continue to play without control and discipline eventually must be cut. Offensive play calling, creativity- yes we discussed this in depth and I agree with all the weaknesses you see.

My issue is the constant blasting of HC continuously repeating the same things over/over without 1. Bringing something new to the conversation. Just regurgitating poster x’s thought to the infinity. 2 Not realizing Mario has had been informed in definitive words of his flaws and is going to fight with every last breath to complete the task for the U. If he fails it won’t be because of effort or lack of knowing where his current faults lay.
3. He has made just about every necessary move to address issues we had with this roster and is still looking.
4. People attacking the coaches constantly without even trying to find some positivity since recruits do read these boards or bringing some knowledge based data or hey maybe even some data/video to support constructive criticism.

We all want the same thing. I prefer not live in mopersville a lot of our fans clearly do which is fine but try to keep that negativity to yourself unless you’re bringing a new perspective or some new data/news/videos of relevance. Mopers come in as groups of 5 every couple hours to circle jerk on their “witty” Mario trashing.

I need results though next year too. Make or break year for Mario 10 wins or bust with healthy Cam and beast Oline/Dline.

Again have nothing but respect for your football knowledge. It seems to me you played college ball as well.

Thank u for the accommodation, & agreed.

Modesty prevents me from agreeing with you that I’m “great,” but thank you for thinking of me.
Well played, brother! 🤣🤣🤣

Can you post the links to the thread or threads that you shared previously? Those were the best threads I’ve seen so far from any poster regarding data that can better explain the consistent struggles of the offenses for teams that Mario has been a HC.

Advertisement

This post is yet more evidence that you are one of the G.O.A.T.’s of CiS.

Excellent as always, brother!

People here still trying to use Michigan as an example for our offense. They DIDN’T HAVE A GOOD OFFENSE. I’m tired of “well Michigan ran it more than us” and “Michigan used pro style” bro, they were a very average to below average offensive team. They were #1 in the nation in defense and #1 in the nation with a ridiculous +19 turnover margin. We should be tailoring our defense to be like theirs. Not our offense. I understand a lot of people don’t watch games outside of the national championship game but please, think about watching more regular season games (not just Miami’s) if you’re going to insist on making points.

Why do fans choose to look at the good that they embrace and say our qb is Killin it. Our wr group is Killin it. Then the second the results fall apart they blame the head coach,the offensive line coach say the oc and the qb are micromanaged when the vast majority of the plays being ran are exactly the same as the ones we ran previously? I get it's convenient to constantly blame the known commodity for everything. But once in a while people can try to use their brains as well.
Most fans don’t actually know what’s working when things are going well or whats not working when things go bad so since our HC has a bad reputation he will always get alot of the blame no matter who the qb or oc is.

Sometimes it can be a fair assessment and sometimes its over exaggerated. Like this year i think mario played a part but if anyone watched dawson offenses at Houston the flaws were the same but our qb just fell off a cliff so it looked ten times worse

Advertisement
Back