Mario and Mirabal’s Offensive Mentality

Advertisement

This tweet sort of sums it up. Force your “identity” at the expense of being smart and creative.

But according to a lot of our posters, Mario and Mirabal have nothing to do with our offense, or a particular offensive philosophy/preference.

But it’s obvious that what we have seen out of our offense in Mario’s first 2 seasons is exactly what Mirabal is referencing here.

We fugged.

1707460152960.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wasn’t Mirabal the 1 coach yelling “take a knee” on that infamous eve last fall? There’s not 1 OL Coach out there worth a **** that doesn’t think imposing your will on the other team is the best offense. Actually that dude from Tampa Bay that coached our OL for a year while napping prob never thought of imposing our will on anyone. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
We finished 20th in the country in yards per carry last year with a statue at QB and the most injured RB room in the history of the sport.

Wanna know where we ranked in average rushes per game??

87th. Eighty. Seventh. In carries per game.

And it’s not because we played absurdly slow. We certainly didn’t play fast, but we were a little lower than middle of the pack in plays per game.

Top 40 in pass attempts per game. Again, with a turnover machine at QB and a true freshman. And it’s not like we got blown out every week and had to throw it 70 times. We lost one game all season by more than 1 score.

But please, tell me more about Mirabal’s tweets lmao.

Mario likes to have a tough team with good lines. So did Michigan. So does UGA. So does Alabama. I have no idea why some of you think this is some horrible thing that makes us incapable of winning. We literally threw the ball way more than we ran it last year, even though we were pretty good at running it and we were competitive in every game.

Advertisement
Back