Mario Addresses Disgruntled Parents

D6A0A66B-1A4B-4C3E-A362-49C4923AF868.jpeg

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
I’m saying Jimbo will gladly be scooped up by another program. Just bc he didn’t win big in college station doesn’t make him trash. His next stop should tell us more. Same with Gattis. I think he’ll probably be a better HC than OC. (Speculating)

Overpaying is often due to weak positions for negotiating. Desperation is a stinky cologne.

You’re not wrong though. We did overpay.. but no coveted HC was coming here for a bargain.
I agree with most of this and that was my point that contract terms are due to lots of reasons, and being truly deserving is rarely at the top…the thing that irritates me is Miami let him have all the leverage because he was plan A,B and C, Plan D was keep manny

Advertisement
Any fun Philly stories or crazy **** stories?
Well, I usually didnt try to spend a whole lotta time there, lol. But one memory that sticks out, I was parked near a meat packing plant, waiting for it to open in the morning. There was a group of guys on sport bikes that rolled past me and began drag racing down the block.

I didn't really give a ****, heck I like racing lol. They were filming themselves racing up and down popping wheelies and stuff.

My truck was parked about fifty yards away, I was smoking a cigarette outside of it because there was no way I could go to bed with the noise.

Then for some reason the street lights went dark. Guys were 'awwing' because it was hard to see and now the filming was ******.

After thinking about it for a moment. I climbed back into the semi, cranked up the truck. They all were looking at me. I threw on the brights so they had some illumination, and tooted my highway horn at them. Heard a few of them laugh and cheer, they resumed their business. Bout an hour later the police came and broke it up. No one I saw got arrested, I went to bed lol.

One of the nicer memories of working inner philly.

It’s crazy to think that he shouldn’t have to deal with parents at all. These same coach’s sits in the parents home to recruit their son. As a parent, you trust that coach to help develop your son as a football player and as a man. Parents are sending their child off on their own for the first time so when that trust is broken, it’s human nature to step in and see what’s going on with your child.

With that said. It’s a line between being involved and being overly involved. I don’t agree with the going to social media at all but most coaches will get the parent involved if the player can’t get his act right before giving him the boot. At the college I played ball at, your parents would be contacted and brought in for a meeting with the player after a second failed drug test. So if the coach can reach out to the parent, why can’t the parent reach out to the coach if they see an issue?

Everytime a parent reaches out to a coach about an issue, it’s not always about stepping down on the coach. Sometimes they just want a better understanding of the situation because they only got half truths or one side of the story from their son. I’m most cases, I’d think the coach would rather meet with the player and his parents to work out an issue after multiple attempts because the parents might be able to get through to their child who they have raised for 18 years more then the coaches can who’ve only known the player for 1-2 years.

I somewhat understand the negative comments because the parents were a big reason why I stopped coaching little league for a little bit. I’ve also dealt with politics during my time in high school. The good ole boys and kids who had parents on the booster club was playing over a lot of us who were wayyyyy better then them. The same Timmys we were whooping and laying out in practice. (Something that was a well known issue throughout the community and my parents warned me about before going to that school but I begged and pleaded to go their to go to school and play with my friends.) And that’s why that school would only win 4-5 games a year. My dad had a respectful conversation with the coach and that was that. He didn’t blast the coach or anything extra. He simply transferred me to another school at the end of the school year and I’m grateful to him for that because I most likely wouldn’t have had the opportunity to play college ball had I just dealt with it and stayed at that school.

I say all that to say, things aren’t so black and white like this board makes everything out to be, but that’s how it is when we comment on things we don’t know the circumstances on. Just like with life, it’s about how you handle things.

Wow is this a great post. Its likely a bit too long for most folks to read through but I can assure you that its 100% on-point.

Weeding out the rot from this roster one player at a time. No idea who it was but if you quit this late in the season, see yah.

And some of y’all have the audacity to say the roster and culture isn’t a problem lol. Manny kissed their a$$, Mario brought out the chancla

Not the chancla lol

It’s crazy to think that he shouldn’t have to deal with parents at all. These same coach’s sits in the parents home to recruit their son. As a parent, you trust that coach to help develop your son as a football player and as a man. Parents are sending their child off on their own for the first time so when that trust is broken, it’s human nature to step in and see what’s going on with your child.

With that said. It’s a line between being involved and being overly involved. I don’t agree with the going to social media at all but most coaches will get the parent involved if the player can’t get his act right before giving him the boot. At the college I played ball at, your parents would be contacted and brought in for a meeting with the player after a second failed drug test. So if the coach can reach out to the parent, why can’t the parent reach out to the coach if they see an issue?

Everytime a parent reaches out to a coach about an issue, it’s not always about stepping down on the coach. Sometimes they just want a better understanding of the situation because they only got half truths or one side of the story from their son. I’m most cases, I’d think the coach would rather meet with the player and his parents to work out an issue after multiple attempts because the parents might be able to get through to their child who they have raised for 18 years more then the coaches can who’ve only known the player for 1-2 years.

I somewhat understand the negative comments because the parents were a big reason why I stopped coaching little league for a little bit. I’ve also dealt with politics during my time in high school. The good ole boys and kids who had parents on the booster club was playing over a lot of us who were wayyyyy better then them. The same Timmys we were whooping and laying out in practice. (Something that was a well known issue throughout the community and my parents warned me about before going to that school but I begged and pleaded to go their to go to school and play with my friends.) And that’s why that school would only win 4-5 games a year. My dad had a respectful conversation with the coach and that was that. He didn’t blast the coach or anything extra. He simply transferred me to another school at the end of the school year and I’m grateful to him for that because I most likely wouldn’t have had the opportunity to play college ball had I just dealt with it and stayed at that school.

I say all that to say, things aren’t so black and white like this board makes everything out to be, but that’s how it is when we comment on things we don’t know the circumstances on. Just like with life, it’s about how you handle things.
It's Division 1 football!!! It's the ACC!! It ain't intramurals.
Kobe Bryant GIF

Advertisement
Earned the right ? It could’ve been a homeless meth addict saying it and they’d still be right. If you have issues with somebody in an organization talk to them straight up like a grown adult. Not running to social media acting like a teenager. It’s sad behavior. Talk to the coaches , if you don’t like the conversation go elsewhere. It’s needless drama.
I read this twice as homeless math addict. Makes more sense now.

And what if the parent does talk to the staff about PT? Saban’s answer:
“We can have the rest of the team vote on whether or not your kid gets more PT. If they agree with you, he can play more.”

Advertisement
they could always do that though. Scholarships are year to year close or after the last game you have an exit interview with your coach. Usually then its told whats the plan for spring or to kick rocks

Not in P5 they're not. P5 scholarships are guaranteed for 4 years, can't cut a kid for athletic reasons or because of a bad evaluation, so buyer beware. But you can cut a kid for voluntarily quitting the team, which seems to be the case for Thad.

Extremely well said. None of this shines a positive light on Miami; be it Cristobal, the fans, the players and their parents. This is just messy all around. And I am LMAO at the fans rallying around this supposed "tough leader talk" from Mario bc the season is sh*t and this is one of the few things they can attach themselves to.

Advertisement
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Advertisement
Back