Mario Addresses Disgruntled Parents

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Apologies if posted elsewhere. Mario has made some obvious mistakes this year but I think this is spot on. Establish this as the standard of how this program will deal with outside distractions of this nature and stick to it. It'll serve us better in the long run.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think I agree by I don’t know what “obdurate” means
:pgdead:

ZomboMeme 16112022112912.jpg

This is fine when Saban says it. He’s earned the right.

When Mario says it, it comes across as obdurate.
Earned the right ? It could’ve been a homeless meth addict saying it and they’d still be right. If you have issues with somebody in an organization talk to them straight up like a grown adult. Not running to social media acting like a teenager. It’s sad behavior. Talk to the coaches , if you don’t like the conversation go elsewhere. It’s needless drama.

Advertisement
I agree with the coach but I was born in the early 80s and I left home at 18 (haven’t been back but to visit parents) to join the military so maybe my opinion is a bit harsh. Age 19, 20ish, it’s time to start learning to handle life as an adult. You have a problem with your boss either work harder or request to talk to your boss face to face to see what you need to do and or improve on. Not run to your momma at 19 and 20ish crying and they tweeting.

Coming from someone with a 21 year old.

By the way, Gilbert Frierson handled it the correct way.

Advertisement
Earned the right ? It could’ve been a homeless meth addict saying it and they’d still be right. If you have issues with somebody in an organization talk to them straight up like a grown adult. Not running to social media acting like a teenager. It’s sad behavior. Talk to the coaches , if you don’t like the conversation go elsewhere. It’s needless drama.
that would be hypocritical though of a homeless meth addict to suggest that players' parents were the ones being irresponsible

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back