Marcus Robinson

Kid seemed to come up with big plays in big moments for sure.

I definitely think he will be a player in the league, if he can stay healthy.

Advertisement
Kid seemed to come up with big plays in big moments for sure.

I definitely think he will be a player in the league, if he can stay healthy.

I'll be surprised if he isn't drafted. He's got some serious speed off the edge.

Interesting question. For me, it's two things that are related:

1) He got too big. Robinson's game is quickness and flexibility. By bulking up a frame that was already pretty lean and strong, he ended up diminishing what made him special.

2) He never played his ideal position. Shannon made him a DE when he should have been a jack-of-all-trades outside linebacker. Marcus Robinson was a wide receiver in high school and has surprisingly good coverage skills to go along with his pass rush ability. The sad thing is that Golden and D'Onfrio used him precisely in this role throughout camp and were forced to put him back at DE.

Definitely think he will play in the league for a while. His versatility would fit in well on the Patriots.

Looks like a prototypical 3-4 Bama linebacker to me. All of there's are about the same size as Robinson.

Advertisement
The sad thing is that Golden and D'Onfrio used him precisely in this role throughout camp and were forced to put him back at DE.

This is more of what I was getting at. I really thought Coach D was gonna be able to use him pretty dynamically this year, move him around, and highlight some of his athleticism. Like D said, it wasn't in the cards. I don't know if he'll stick in the NFL, but I do suspect he'll get a year or 2 at least and I'm anxious to see it. Or maybe I'm hanging onto those high school clips and trying to pretend he's something that he's not.

Advertisement
3-4 OLB who will do well in the league

I don't know if he's big enough to play 3-4 OLB in the league though.

6'1 245-255 is big enough to play olb..........Marcus has pass rush moves...and played a little this year in covg..i think some team can develop him as a late rd pick at that spot.....Steelers..they have 2 guys that are simlar in James Harrison and Jason Worilds...Worilds being EXACTLY what M-Rob was here as he played solely dend his whole career at VA TECH

Another player corch ****ed over by not developing his game according to his strengths

He was a good player here... He just never finished out a season due to injuries... He wasnt an underperformer or underachiever... He was just underweight... The kid had a productive career here... He should get a shot in the league...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back