Marcus Peterson, TE '22

very athletic and a pretty good hooper though I wish he would dunk with 2 hands and save himself the hard fall.

My only quibble after watching the basketball highlights is that he does not look 6’4”. I would guess 6’2”, maybe 6’3”. But even at bigger high schools, 6’4” looks taller than most of the players on the court and he does not.

but **** that 2 handed pin on the backboard is freakishly athletic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
****, that is some impressive tape. ****, I’d even think about him at WR lol. But seriously, he’s a freak “Passed for 637 yards. Rushed for 205 more yards. Also totaled 286 receiving yards. Responsible for 17 touchdowns.” Sounds like a football player. Add 30 pounds to him and let’s ride.

****, that is some impressive tape. ****, I’d even think about him at WR lol. But seriously, he’s a freak “Passed for 637 yards. Rushed for 205 more yards. Also totaled 286 receiving yards. Responsible for 17 touchdowns.” Sounds like a football player. Add 30 pounds to him and let’s ride.
I swear sounds like a kid you just get onto your team as an ATHLETE on offense and just let him do everything...Jason Geathers like

Advertisement
I would start him at WR he has the size and athleticism to be a problem on the outside.

Wouldn’t be against it but I’m curious about his true size/frame. I def think he could survive and be fine as a full time X but wonder if he would outgrow it. Regardless, I think he could be a deadly weapon wherever you put him. If he can naturally get up to 230+, he could be a match up nightmare vs those LBs as a move around TE piece.

He could possibly be a WR but his physicality breathes TE

Advertisement
Lake City (Columbia). Same school as Laremy Tunsil. Recently told Rivals that Miami is recruiting him very hard. Other contenders are Kentucky and Cincinnati.

6'4, 200 with all of the classic sleeper TE traits. Explosive basketball player who can track the ball and run after the catch. One thing I've learned from studying sleepers who develop into first rounders-- pay attention when they get reps at Wildcat. It something I've seen time and again when I revisit the first rounders, whether it's WR, TE, LB or even DT.

Could you be more specific, please. What exactly are you seeing/looking for.
5A1606C5-09C0-4873-97EA-933EACCA5985.gif

Anybody know how/where we are with him? “Commitment soon” has me curious!

Advertisement
At this point we’ve proven we don’t need to go after sleeper players at the TE position. Now if he’s TE2 I don’t have an issue. He does have upside. I Want TE1 to be elite.

We recruited WR TJ Jones from Columbia Lake City in the 2019 class, he wound up signing with Penn St.

But I really like this kid’s raw athletic traits & potential, versatile weapon, he played QB, WR, S & LB, he threw for like 4TD’s vs North Miami Beach & actually has a pretty big arm for a ATH/WR/TE.

He’s got that long stride running gait, plays with suddenness & quick feet as a route runner at Flanker. I didn’t see too many variety sophisticated route combos, they basically just ran him on fades, quick slants & an occasional hook, but he shows the ability to be a very good outside WR with the correct teaching. Even though he’d be a TE here, but he definitely has upside as a Z-Flanker if he wanted to.

At TE reminds me of a Njoku type with freakish athletic ability, he looks like he runs a legit mid 4.5 & I like his hand-eye coordination in highpointing the ball on those back shoulder fades.

He might even be as good a Basketball player as he is at Football, he averaged 11.9 ppg 8 rpg & 1.9 steals per game shooting 51% from the floor & looks like he has a crazy vert jumping out the gym. I like his game, he plays above the rim with springs in his feet & gives good effort hustling on defense. You can tell a lot about a Basketball player based on what kinda effort they give on defense, most kids in today’s era of long range 3point Steph Curry/Trae Young style ball don’t even know how to get in a Defensive stance lol.
Williams kid too. The wr that went to UT.

Lake city is a small town but those country boys are tough as **** and they always have some burners. I’ve always been amazed at how much talent comes out of that place , consistently for decades.

Advertisement
Back