Marcus Peterson, TE '22

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Lake City (Columbia). Same school as Laremy Tunsil. Recently told Rivals that Miami is recruiting him very hard. Other contenders are Kentucky and Cincinnati.

6'4, 200 with all of the classic sleeper TE traits. Explosive basketball player who can track the ball and run after the catch. One thing I've learned from studying sleepers who develop into first rounders-- pay attention when they get reps at Wildcat. It something I've seen time and again when I revisit the first rounders, whether it's WR, TE, LB or even DT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lake City (Columbia). Same school as Laremy Tunsil. Recently told Rivals that Miami is recruiting him very hard. Other contenders are Kentucky and Cincinnati.

6'4, 200 with all of the classic sleeper TE traits. Explosive basketball player who can track the ball and run after the catch. One thing I've learned from studying sleepers who develop into first rounders-- pay attention when they get reps at Wildcat. It something I've seen time and again when I revisit the first rounders, whether it's WR, TE, LB or even DT.

It's always about multi-sport athletes too. Build up a kids total body for anything. I don't care if they play hockey, squash, cricket, wrestling and swimming. If they play any of those sports at a high level, along with football, there's always transferable traits.

I mean ideally, the kids plays basketball, wrestling, track and/or baseball, but I'll take any high level athlete.

I always always say, athletes always figure out a way to be successful on their own.

We recruited WR TJ Jones from Columbia Lake City in the 2019 class, he wound up signing with Penn St.

But I really like this kid’s raw athletic traits & potential, versatile weapon, he played QB, WR, S & LB, he threw for like 4TD’s vs North Miami Beach & actually has a pretty big arm for a ATH/WR/TE.

He’s got that long stride running gait, plays with suddenness & quick feet as a route runner at Flanker. I didn’t see too many variety sophisticated route combos, they basically just ran him on fades, quick slants & an occasional hook, but he shows the ability to be a very good outside WR with the correct teaching. Even though he’d be a TE here, but he definitely has upside as a Z-Flanker if he wanted to.

At TE reminds me of a Njoku type with freakish athletic ability, he looks like he runs a legit mid 4.5 & I like his hand-eye coordination in highpointing the ball on those back shoulder fades.

He might even be as good a Basketball player as he is at Football, he averaged 11.9 ppg 8 rpg & 1.9 steals per game shooting 51% from the floor & looks like he has a crazy vert jumping out the gym. I like his game, he plays above the rim with springs in his feet & gives good effort hustling on defense. You can tell a lot about a Basketball player based on what kinda effort they give on defense, most kids in today’s era of long range 3point Steph Curry/Trae Young style ball don’t even know how to get in a Defensive stance lol.

Advertisement
Yatil Green is the last player I remember us getting from Columbia.
WHOA!!! Yatil reference!!! He was a kid I feel that had more potential than what we got out of him even though he was here with Butch. One of our FSU games that we lost, he actually balled out and played well. Made it seem like we had a chance early on. Had all the tools.

Josh Allen was a multi sport athlete who had to beg to get on jc team out of high school....and then the same to get in Wyoming........did not take long after that for him to be a 1st rounder....too bad kids are not allowed to just enjoy playing all the sports in high school...I think it helps them to develop athletically....just tells you the pathetic state of scouting these days...

Last edited:
Advertisement
WHOA!!! Yatil reference!!! He was a kid I feel that had more potential than what we got out of him even though he was here with Butch. One of our FSU games that we lost, he actually balled out and played well. Made it seem like we had a chance early on. Had all the tools.
One of my first Canes childhood memories was the Carquest Bowl against Virginia in ‘96 when Yatil caught that bomb first or second play from scrimmage. Place erupted and wasn’t even 45,000 people there.

My dad looked at me and said “That’s Canes football boy.”

Rest is history.

I’m not sure what happened but I think I saw this kid or a WR mentioned on the 247 gaytor board a few weeks back - I figured that with Pitts’ success and where this kid is located that he would be a shoe in for the gaytor but there was talk about them having issues at Lake City Columbia and needing to rebuild relationships.

I’m not sure if something happened with their staff or the Lake City Columbia Coach is just a Nole but I don’t think the gaytor is a slam dunk there.

@flagator86 any background you’re aware of?

Advertisement
One of my first Canes childhood memories was the Carquest Bowl against Virginia in ‘96 when Yatil caught that bomb first or second play from scrimmage. Place erupted and wasn’t even 45,000 people there.

My dad looked at me and said “That’s Canes football boy.”

Rest is history.
Then he pulled himself out at halftime with a sprained eyebrow not to return.

Then he pulled himself out at halftime with a sprained eyebrow not to return.
He had some sort of issue where he could not move his jaw. I don't think he played a snap after the first quarter. Dude was never healthy.

Advertisement
Back