Marcus Lewis

Advertisement
I know some guys that are being recruited by Miami and have been in the past. 2 of them ended up at Tennessee and they still tell me they wish Miami would have offered them. No idea what they are seeing but a few guys love Golden, the main reason they want to go to Miami is to be a part of rebuilding the program. This was at Southridge HS, where Jamal Carter went but Golden talked to the team and said something like, we are going to get back to being the old Miami, and win, he said any team can win games but theres nothing like winning at miami. Something like that but he said it basically made everyone want to go there. No idea why anyone would sacrifice their career to play for him but **** if it works it works

This is true "cross your nuts on ole Al all you like" not a bad class thus far he closes with 3-5 kids he close to getting and another talent-filled class. As I have stated before the coaching could be better but let's not kid ourselves .. The coaching at Alabama isnt that good.. (SERIOUSLY) How good is FSU at developing talent.. There defense wasnt good at all this year and they have had top 5 classes the last 2-3 recruiting cycles.

My point is Not your 1st team but 2nd and 3rd team have to be talented if we are to get back to the Miami of old. In glory days multiple D-lineman were first rounders and your nuts if you think the DLINE coach is the reason .. They were HS studs that turned into colllege studs..

Coaching can be better but coaching is easy (at Alabama when your whole class is top level talent) .. If Flowers comes back (which he should IMO) the O-line will be scary good to go with ACC ROOKIE OF YEAR QB. D-line will be a little better (juco guys second year along with Kamalu) and the secondary will be tops in the conference (especially on the corner's) if AQM is back we will have a decent defense .. WE MISSED HIM A LOT !!

Jelani Hamilton too.. borderline 4/5 star recruit struggled with injuries his first 2 years and they red shirted him. He had time to get healthy, learn the scheme, and was reported he is up to 295-300. He might take olsen pierre's spot, Chad Thomas taking Chickillo's spot, and then having AQM, we should be extremely talented next year. There are no excuses now. Linebackers might lack experience, but other than DP i could care less about armbrister, he was terrible, he missed more tackles than anyone. Kirby, Grace, and Owens should hold down LB with Mccord the rush lb.

Then our secondary.. it SHOULD be legit with Burns and Howard at corner (still questioning why he didnt play this year very much) then elder, crawford, mayes as reserves, Bush is a legit safety when healthy. I also strongly believe that with Jaquan Johnson enrolling early and Tim Irvin enrolling early, one of those guys will start. Rayshawn Jenkins will be healthy as a reserve with Jamal Carter. We are finally DEEP everywhere on defense. Its time to show results. Im not a Golden fan but i want miami to win regardless of who is coach.

I didnt even realize Jelani Hamilton red shirted til i read this

I know some guys that are being recruited by Miami and have been in the past. 2 of them ended up at Tennessee and they still tell me they wish Miami would have offered them. No idea what they are seeing but a few guys love Golden, the main reason they want to go to Miami is to be a part of rebuilding the program. This was at Southridge HS, where Jamal Carter went but Golden talked to the team and said something like, we are going to get back to being the old Miami, and win, he said any team can win games but theres nothing like winning at miami. Something like that but he said it basically made everyone want to go there. No idea why anyone would sacrifice their career to play for him but **** if it works it works

This is true "cross your nuts on ole Al all you like" not a bad class thus far he closes with 3-5 kids he close to getting and another talent-filled class. As I have stated before the coaching could be better but let's not kid ourselves .. The coaching at Alabama isnt that good.. (SERIOUSLY) How good is FSU at developing talent.. There defense wasnt good at all this year and they have had top 5 classes the last 2-3 recruiting cycles.

My point is Not your 1st team but 2nd and 3rd team have to be talented if we are to get back to the Miami of old. In glory days multiple D-lineman were first rounders and your nuts if you think the DLINE coach is the reason .. They were HS studs that turned into colllege studs..

Coaching can be better but coaching is easy (at Alabama when your whole class is top level talent) .. If Flowers comes back (which he should IMO) the O-line will be scary good to go with ACC ROOKIE OF YEAR QB. D-line will be a little better (juco guys second year along with Kamalu) and the secondary will be tops in the conference (especially on the corner's) if AQM is back we will have a decent defense .. WE MISSED HIM A LOT !!

Jelani Hamilton too.. borderline 4/5 star recruit struggled with injuries his first 2 years and they red shirted him. He had time to get healthy, learn the scheme, and was reported he is up to 295-300. He might take olsen pierre's spot, Chad Thomas taking Chickillo's spot, and then having AQM, we should be extremely talented next year. There are no excuses now. Linebackers might lack experience, but other than DP i could care less about armbrister, he was terrible, he missed more tackles than anyone. Kirby, Grace, and Owens should hold down LB with Mccord the rush lb.

Then our secondary.. it SHOULD be legit with Burns and Howard at corner (still questioning why he didnt play this year very much) then elder, crawford, mayes as reserves, Bush is a legit safety when healthy. I also strongly believe that with Jaquan Johnson enrolling early and Tim Irvin enrolling early, one of those guys will start. Rayshawn Jenkins will be healthy as a reserve with Jamal Carter. We are finally DEEP everywhere on defense. Its time to show results. Im not a Golden fan but i want miami to win regardless of who is coach.

I'd be shocked if Johnson or Irvin (if he comes) started. Probably will be Bush and Jenkins.

One of the major flaws in this defense (one of many) is our refusal to go away from the base defense vs teams that spread us out. The 2nd half vs FSU was maddening. We have talented CBs, use them. Who would you rather have working in space, ACrawford or Armbrister?

Irvin by all accounts should be a perfect guy to defend today's spread offenses. Even if he does come here I have to faith that we will utilize him correctly.

If we could pull Green and/or Houston, Lewis, Merrick, Irvin and Nijman. Id lay off the staff until football season. Because if they find some way to get those kids, with all the negativity around the program, that would be a miracle.

well this isn't going to happen and plus because you pull in some recruits doesn't excuse your being incompetent on the field. Going 6 and 7 is not going to pull in big fish. Maybe we get one out of that bunch and we will drop three others that is already committed

I'd be shocked if Johnson or Irvin (if he comes) started. Probably will be Bush and Jenkins.

One of the major flaws in this defense (one of many) is our refusal to go away from the base defense vs teams that spread us out. The 2nd half vs FSU was maddening. We have talented CBs, use them. Who would you rather have working in space, ACrawford or Armbrister?

Irvin by all accounts should be a perfect guy to defend today's spread offenses. Even if he does come here I have to faith that we will utilize him correctly.

Everything here losing figs johnson kills us at lb

Advertisement
Also JJ has a shot we have no idea how Jenkins will look. But I have a feeling they will share time with Jenkins being #1 along side Bush which with Howard and Burns at corner our secondary will be lethal next year. No reason for us not to bring the heat. Say what you want but I think the D-line is going to look a lot better next year. We will have depth at DT first time in a long time which is key. Not to mention Thomas, McCord, AQM, Jackson. The only thing that worries me is the linebackers. Talent wise they all have the skill it's just experience but with all the other positions looking how they look next year could be the best D we have fielded in a very long time. I am optimistic but I do know some changes need to be made. I just like to look at the bright side

Make it or break it year for all just wish we didnt lose eddie and figs or this d would be insane

Everyone keeps forgetting that Rayshawn Jenkins had a very serious injury. Their is doubts on whether he will play again.

As for the starters.

Kill me if you want. I do like Jamal Carter. Yes their is some stupidity and he must improve his tackling but he has all the ability to be a star. Two things is to trust himself and his athleticism and that play against UVA, to hit the receiver and break up the pass rather than trying to make a play on a tough ball. I saw a lot of ups and downs in his game this year. The downs are correctable.

I expect it to be Bush and Carter. With Jaquan and Irvin spelling them. Maybe Dallas Crawford as a reserve, I feel he is a step too slow at safety, needs to work more in the offseason.. I see Gayot as a future linebacker.

For now I leave out Jenkins due to the injury he had.

Advertisement
With Jaquan Johnson coming in and possibly another S, we can afford to move him cause he is such a good tackler with decent speed for a linebacker....

So Gayot gets the Armbrister treatment. Waste his freshman year learning safety and playing on special teams instead of redshirting him, slowing his physical and mental development, then move him to a position that he won't be physically ready to contribute properly for two years, and then when he finally starts to show his potential, he'll be out of eligibility? Golden's going to be 5 years in and still using the excuse that the roster lacks vertical depth.

Advertisement
So Gayot gets the Armbrister treatment. Waste his freshman year learning safety and playing on special teams instead of redshirting him, slowing his physical and mental development, then move him to a position that he won't be physically ready to contribute properly for two years, and then when he finally starts to show his potential, he'll be out of eligibility? Golden's going to be 5 years in and still using the excuse that the roster lacks vertical depth.

Well, we can still redshirt him next year if we had the depth at LB, but unfortunately we don't. He is not redshirted because we will need him to contribute at LB or special teams. LBs and S are your best special teams players and we are thin at both. If we get osme transfer or JUCO at LB this year or next we may redshirt him later like we did Hamilton and Moore this year.

Advertisement
Back