Marcus Lemonis (OT)

Advertisement
It wasn’t just 3.1 million. The 3.1 million is on top of another 7 million that’s he’s donating to the school for a college and career center and some other stuff.

It wasn’t just 3.1 million. The 3.1 million is on top of another 7 million that’s he’s donating to the school for a college and career center and some other stuff.
I think it's a total gift of 18 million to the school (the additional 8 million will be to help families with tuition).

This goes along with previous contributions to the school to help build a new science building.

Advertisement
Between this one and the 10mil at westminister reported today, I think we are Buying influence in the high schools 🤷🏼‍♂️… is this what all in looks like? I’m all for it!

Advertisement
Annual exclusion gift is $15,000. Perhaps he gave it to the school to dole out to the employees which would not count against individual gifts as it is a contribution to the institution and not the individual (it is likely taxable as income in that instance). Or, if he has a spouse (I’m unaware of his marital status) they could complete a split-gift to accomplish this as well.
Straddle the year and dump $3k into 2022, just like I straddle when I take a dump...

Advertisement
Back