Marcus Lemonis (OT)

Advertisement
Advertisement
People attack Lemonis as a self-promoter showman blah blah blah. If a dude wants to cut checks and the money is legal and with no strings attached then only b!tches look a gift horse in the mouth or question the motivation. I'm sure a janitor at Columbus doesn't give a **** today about Lemonis' social media as he comes home with an extra $18k.

wow, gift tax law is $15000... wondery why random number like 18?
Annual exclusion gift is $15,000. Perhaps he gave it to the school to dole out to the employees which would not count against individual gifts as it is a contribution to the institution and not the individual (it is likely taxable as income in that instance). Or, if he has a spouse (I’m unaware of his marital status) they could complete a split-gift to accomplish this as well.

Think it was 3M and divided by number of staff equaled 18k….who knows

Bumps up to $16K in three weeks.

You can usually circumvent it by doing the old "half is from me, half is from my wife" routine.

More likely that he is making a large charitable contribution to the school, so then he can deduct on his 1040.

Advertisement
People attack Lemonis as a self-promoter showman blah blah blah. If a dude wants to cut checks and the money is legal and with no strings attached then only b!tches look a gift horse in the mouth or question the motivation. I'm sure a janitor at Columbus doesn't give a **** today about Lemonis' social media as he comes home with an extra $18k.
z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

It is really getting crowded in the bat cave.

Annual exclusion gift is $15,000. Perhaps he gave it to the school to dole out to the employees which would not count against individual gifts as it is a contribution to the institution and not the individual (it is likely taxable as income in that instance). Or, if he has a spouse (I’m unaware of his marital status) they could complete a split-gift to accomplish this as well.
Listen, I'm looking for a new accountant...

Sorry, man, didn't mean to step on your toes. I think we were typing at roughly the same time!

Also, all apologies to any other tax experts out there, I'm more of a corporate guy, but I've worked for some family-run businesses that had some overlap between corp and individual.

Advertisement
Sorry, man, didn't mean to step on your toes. I think we were typing at roughly the same time!

Also, all apologies to any other tax experts out there, I'm more of a corporate guy, but I've worked for some family-run businesses that had some overlap between corp and individual.
No worries. Glad to have like minded minds on here.

I do individual planning and specializes in estate and gift/transfer tax mitigation amongst other things. Not in the pure tax consulting world though. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Bumps up to $16K in three weeks.

You can usually circumvent it by doing the old "half is from me, half is from my wife" routine.

More likely that he is making a large charitable contribution to the school, so then he can deduct on his 1040.
Whatever works for a great cause.

Advertisement
Back