Marcus Lemonis Offers $1 Mil Pledge Toward Move To Trop Park

You could build a very nice 45-50,000 seat stadium for $300-350 million. It would be the perfect size for UM.

Advertisement
He should use the money to up our offer for Chip. Dead serious.

Chip in Sunlife > Strong in our own stadium

Stadium on Campus is NEVER going to happen. So why do people want to move the Stadium further south? SLS is centrally located between Dade and Broward County. Is there a concern Miami's fan base from Homestead is having an issue driving up?

Some of you saying SLS sucks clearly have not been to other stadiums. Let's see what the stadium is like next year when the renovation is complete.

What does need to change is the Locker room Miami uses at Sun Life needs to be renovated and Canes colors and logos need to be incorporated for Game days. Recruits notice it. Playing in an NFL stadium with premium tailgating and alcoholic beverages is a plus.

Been to Neyland, Doak, the Swamp, Rose Bowl, Sun Devil Stadium, Georgia Dome, Sugar Bowl, the Shoe, Orange Bowl, FAU, UCF, Citrus Bowl before and after reno, Raymond James, the Big House, etc. Without a doubt, SLS is the biggest sh1thole I've ever been to. Just for example, yesterday there was flooding everywhere because the bozos who built it didn't add enough drains. I was sitting first row in the end zone and was standing in 3-4" of water. Likewise, the concourses and ramps had water running down them like a river because there are no drains or culverts. I'm amazed that a big fat @ss hasn't been injured and sued TBH. Also, literally 50% of the already tiny lower deck (including the 40 to 40 on both sides!!!) is for overpriced luxury seats that are always open. Furthermore, the stadium is a mile from the field, the viewing angles are terrible, the seats are teal, and the video boards are not situated properly (way too high). The renovation is a joke as the stadium is actually worse in many ways than before including the fact that we now have a lower deck consisting of 50% club and luxury seats that will always be empty, now the teams have to cross each other to get to the tunnels (already resulted in 2 fights!!!), etc. This stadium is a sh1thole and the engineers should be exiled and prevented from associating with society. It is THAT bad. Hands down the worse stadium for football or baseball I've EVER been to. The world would be a better place if SLS miraculously imploded on itself.

I quickly turned away so that my eyes wouldn't bleed. The RETURN key is your friend.

Better?

Lets see how Phase 2 of the renovation goes. Moving tv's to corners, sun shade, etc... Sidelines are much closer and I happen to enjoy the new seating and suites. :cigar:

Sure it would be great if the University could drop $500 million on a new stadium but they have so many other needs for the football team to address. Things like cooling hydro-therapy tubs that Oxbridge Academy high school has yet our players sit in tupperware plastic tubs with 7-11 bags of ice dumped in them. I could go on and on and on and on...

Stadium on Campus is NEVER going to happen. So why do people want to move the Stadium further south? SLS is centrally located between Dade and Broward County. Is there a concern Miami's fan base from Homestead is having an issue driving up?

Some of you saying SLS sucks clearly have not been to other stadiums. Let's see what the stadium is like next year when the renovation is complete.

What does need to change is the Locker room Miami uses at Sun Life needs to be renovated and Canes colors and logos need to be incorporated for Game days. Recruits notice it. Playing in an NFL stadium with premium tailgating and alcoholic beverages is a plus.

Been to Neyland, Doak, the Swamp, Rose Bowl, Sun Devil Stadium, Georgia Dome, Sugar Bowl, the Shoe, Orange Bowl, FAU, UCF, Citrus Bowl before and after reno, Raymond James, the Big House, etc. Without a doubt, SLS is the biggest sh1thole I've ever been to. Just for example, yesterday there was flooding everywhere because the bozos who built it didn't add enough drains. I was sitting first row in the end zone and was standing in 3-4" of water. Likewise, the concourses and ramps had water running down them like a river because there are no drains or culverts. I'm amazed that a big fat @ss hasn't been injured and sued TBH. Also, literally 50% of the already tiny lower deck (including the 40 to 40 on both sides!!!) is for overpriced luxury seats that are always open. Furthermore, the stadium is a mile from the field, the viewing angles are terrible, the seats are teal, and the video boards are not situated properly (way too high). The renovation is a joke as the stadium is actually worse in many ways than before including the fact that we now have a lower deck consisting of 50% club and luxury seats that will always be empty, now the teams have to cross each other to get to the tunnels (already resulted in 2 fights!!!), etc. This stadium is a sh1thole and the engineers should be exiled and prevented from associating with society. It is THAT bad. Hands down the worse stadium for football or baseball I've EVER been to. The world would be a better place if SLS miraculously imploded on itself.

I quickly turned away so that my eyes wouldn't bleed. The RETURN key is your friend.

Better?

Lets see how Phase 2 of the renovation goes. Moving tv's to corners, sun shade, etc... Sidelines are much closer and I happen to enjoy the new seating and suites. :cigar:

Sure it would be great if the University could drop $500 million on a new stadium but they have so many other needs for the football team to address. Things like cooling hydro-therapy tubs that Oxbridge Academy high school has yet our players sit in tupperware plastic tubs with 7-11 bags of ice dumped in them. I could go on and on and on and on...

no i believe we have tubs now. you might see people using the plastic tubs on the field but we have actual temp controlled pools

Advertisement

Better?

no i believe we have tubs now. you might see people using the plastic tubs on the field but we have actual temp controlled pools

Those must have just been put in very recently. The trainers area was nothing but training tables for a long time. Lot of programs now have underwater treadmill tubs used for rehab. Helps heal turf toe in like half the time. NC State has three of them.... never seen one at UM athletics. This is one area that has been dumbfounding. Miami medical school is supposed to be world renowned yet that side of Miami is so under valued and never discussed in recruiting.

Facilities have been upgraded and are now very good. We need a stadium more than anything. If anything the renovation has made SLS worse.

Lemonis is going to be on 790 The Ticket at 8am today talking about this. The are worse things than having a famous guy worth hundreds of millions (that isn't even an alum) really wanting this to happen.

Good interview with Marcus on 790 The Ticket this morning. Marcus says he's been a Canes fan his whole life, he flies from Chicago to see about three games each year, and in this interview, he discusses the TP site with very good insight to the issues and hurdles of that site. He also says if they need more than $1 milllion from him, he's willing to put in more. Go here to listen to the interview. You have to click on the Menu button and then look for the Marcus Lemonis interview. It's very worthwhile listening to. He's a results guy, a serious rainmaker so I wouldn't underestimate him.

Advertisement
Lemonis is going to be on 790 The Ticket at 8am today talking about this. The are worse things than having a famous guy worth hundreds of millions (that isn't even an alum) really wanting this to happen.

I know he was adopted and raised down here. I had no idea he was a Miami fan.

Better?

Those must have just been put in very recently. The trainers area was nothing but training tables for a long time. Lot of programs now have underwater treadmill tubs used for rehab. Helps heal turf toe in like half the time. NC State has three of them.... never seen one at UM athletics. This is one area that has been dumbfounding. Miami medical school is supposed to be world renowned yet that side of Miami is so under valued and never discussed in recruiting.

have you seen anything about UM athletics? you claimed there were not temp controlled pools even though UM made a huge presentation of them with video walk throughs and all. someone who even remotely follows the school should of came across it.

The Twitter video Marcus posted Saturday has now been viewed over 501,000 times. Maybe there is interest when a serious person gets behind an idea.

Advertisement
The Twitter video Marcus posted Saturday has now been viewed over 501,000 times. Maybe there is interest when a serious person gets behind an idea.

And where is the school?

Good question. They will have to lead the effort, if they are serious. Marcus Lemonis became a significant donor to the UM Athletic department in the last year. Both Blake James and Jesse Marks are in regular communication with Marcus. I imagine they listen closely to all significant supporters, especially if they have influence with BOT members and the general public, as does Marcus. Stay tuned. It could get very interesting.

Better?

They have hot and cold tubs now.

Advertisement
Is there a go fund me for this? Is he just hoping someone from the school comes out or is he generally trying to raise $100M?

Better?

Anyone can see some slides of the facilities on their website. They were upgraded about 18 months ago. Go to hurricanesports.com, click on Inside Athletics tab, then Facilities. It's here where you can see the locker room, S&C room, and academic support room. The slides don't do the rooms justice, but anyone can see they are very nice facilities. Main requirement now is for indoor practice facility so we won't miss so many practices due to lightning early in the season.

And where is the school?

Avoiding it as hard as they can. Anytime someone volunteers to help out like this, if it's toward football they avoid it. They don't care.

Right, which is why we are hearing about a national search and a $4 mil salary for a head coach.

Advertisement
Back