Marcus Dumervil Talks Recruitment And Miami

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
St. Thomas Aquinas 4-star OT Marcus Dumervil will be one of the most heavily recruited prospects in South Florida for the 2020 cycle. Although so many big-time programs are pushing, Dumervil claims everyone is even.

“It’s an even match between a ton of schools. Everyone is even right now, so I’m not going to put any front-runners.”

Dumervil was recently offered by Alabama, which he says was a game-changer for him.

“Getting the Alabama offer, that was big time. That’s a big-time program with coach (Nick) Saban. It means that my hard work is paying off.”

Dumervil visited Miami a week ago to watch the basketball game against FSU, but it was also a great chance for him to meet with the new coaching staff.

“It was a great experience. We went to the Florida State game. Obviously, the basketball team didn’t win that game, but it was a great chance to meet the new staff and just hold a conversation and just get to know them.”

One of the coaches that Dumervil spent the most time with was Butch Barry, the new offensive line coach at Miami.

“He’s a great guy. He’s just ready to get out there already. He’s ready to get guys on the field and start winning games.”

Coach Barry is already making it clear to Dumervil that he is a top priority for the 2020 class.

“He told me that he has a couple of priorities and that he wants me to be a part of that plan.”

Dumervil is going to take his time with his recruitment, so don’t expect anything big to happen anytime soon.

“I’m not really in a rush. Probably December or January, that time.”

And what is Dumervil looking for in a school?

“Academics, winning games, and just a family environment.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need to get to the point where an offer from us elicits the same feelingly from a recruit a Bama offer does.

We don’t need to win six titles like Saban has to get there. We just need fill our 85 spots with Miami caliber players and have coaches that put us in a position to win games we should every Saturday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll say this. Like the rest of you, my gut is telling me Alabama. However, he has never visited Bama and was just in Coral Gables a week ago. Also, he has no other visits planned so we will be the last school he visits for a while. Just some things to consider.

So he’s already Bama before even going there and all that trip will is lock him up for them

Advertisement
Back