Marcus Crowley, 2019 recruit, commits to Miami

Let me clear the air for anyone confused. They’ve been super high on this kid since the summer, came to paradise as well. He is going to blow up this spring, will be a 4* in a blink of an eye.

For anyone being surprised you haven’t been reading the tea leaves.

Had a feeling it would be Crowley or King as the second back in 2019 class. Both had monster junior years. Crowley is also much bigger than 160 btw, he’s 185-190 right now. Plays both sides of the ball as a LB too. King is legit as well, Shaqs dad has told me a lot about him. King like a sonic boom on the field, ran 10.7 100m as sophomore as well, had 400 in a game this year for oakleaf.

As for the kid people wondering that Hartley was talking about last night. Jeremiah Payton who I personally feel is the top dog WR in the state next year. We are coming after him super hard.

We practically take who we want from JAX at this point. They see how kids like Norton, Shaq, Mike, Darrion & Derrick are doing for us.

Kenny is the other back they are taking this year. Daniel Carter very similar to Kenny but Kenny is better IMO after I’ve watched both in person. Had a feeling they wouldn’t take Carter.

Cain has very much legitimate interest in Miami for long time, met him and his father at the FSU game last year. He is watching depth chart. We are going to have a log jam, UT or OU for him.

Miami is not even recruiting Nayquan btw for people always asking about him. He didn’t play the whole year this season due to injury. I do like Wright and think he’s a great player but I won’t second guess this staff and their RB picks. Richt knows that position way too well.

Thanks for the update.
you gunna drop a super early 2019 class prediction or what

Advertisement
Congrats "Marcus Crowley" welcome to The U.. This kid is the real deal, it's crazy that UM fans say they want the best player's to come to Miami BUT soon as a kid comes on board and he doesn't have all the stars behind him, some on here see it as a problem!! NOW once the kid blows up and every school in the country is coming after him, THOSE SAME ppl talk **** IF the kid decides to go elsewhere, NOW all of sudden our staff needs to do this and that!!

The kid is the real deal, if NOT CMR and staff would not have offered him..
I’m with you brother! A lot of spoiled,fickle,whiny,disloyal,sorry excuse for fans in this MFer. Kid is truth but rather than checking him out for themselves and trusting The coaching staff which has done marvelous work they need validation from ESPN 300 and Rivals etc. sad ****....

I can't believe how well we are recruiting Jax. FSU used to have the city locked up with Florida getting in there some. Jax used to be a blackhole for us.

Richt is doing work.

Whatever weight he's listed at, for sure he runs like a 200+ lb back. Their coaches do a great job with their weights program too. Strong, fast, physical.

Advertisement
Gotta love dude yelling Attaboy Crowley!, Go Crowley! on every single play of those Hudl clips

I'm not seeing it with him. He has some nice open field moves but his explosiveness doesn't wow me.

J'ville has always been a potential recruiting pipeline for UM, we just never really fully explored our options there till the end of the Golden era.

For whatever reason Dade & Duval cats just seem to click...I think the fact that there's quite a few Miami transplants up there has something to do with it.

these tall not insanely explosive backs remind me a bit of jalen hurd from tenn, a 5 star bust. but in richt we trust.

Advertisement
Idk what hes gonna be ranked and frankly dont care. Looks to be the real deal when i watch his film. If he improves his top end speed then good lord our stable of backs will be unmatched by anyone

As for the kid people wondering that Hartley was talking about last night. Jeremiah Payton who I personally feel is the top dog WR in the state next year. We are coming after him super hard.

Just checked out Jeremiah Payton's tape. Dude is a superstar

Welcome aboard, Crowley.

Sounds like a big-time RB in the making. Now let's grab Cain or McIntosh.

We really do seem to be getting a lot of solid recruits from JAX.

Hopefully Payton will be on board in the future, too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only thing this kid doesn't have is blazing speed!! He has size, agility, vision and he's has some wiggle with him, he makes ppl miss in open space and in a crowd.. I like him, IF this kid gets to some camps and recruiting events during the offseason and displays his skills, he will get notice and become a hot name, THEN "THE FANS" will start saying he's a must keep!!

The only thing this kid doesn't have is blazing speed!! He has size, agility, vision and he's has some wiggle with him, he makes ppl miss in open space and in a crowd.. I like him, IF this kid gets to some camps and recruiting events during the offseason and displays his skills, he will get notice and become a hot name, THEN "THE FANS" will start saying he's a must keep!!

Yup and he has the size to counter the lack of blazing speed. He's about as fast as Walton but will be about 25 lbs bigger. This will be Richts Chubb or Gurley type RB.

Advertisement
Let me clear the air for anyone confused. They’ve been super high on this kid since the summer, came to paradise as well. He is going to blow up this spring, will be a 4* in a blink of an eye.

For anyone being surprised you haven’t been reading the tea leaves.

Had a feeling it would be Crowley or King as the second back in 2019 class. Both had monster junior years. Crowley is also much bigger than 160 btw, he’s 185-190 right now. Plays both sides of the ball as a LB too. King is legit as well, Shaqs dad has told me a lot about him. King like a sonic boom on the field, ran 10.7 100m as sophomore as well, had 400 in a game this year for oakleaf.

We practically take who we want from JAX at this point. They see how kids like Norton, Shaq, Mike, Darrion & Derrick are doing for us.

Kenny is the other back they are taking this year. Daniel Carter very similar to Kenny but Kenny is better IMO after I’ve watched both in person. Had a feeling they wouldn’t take Carter.

Cain has very much legitimate interest in Miami for long time, met him and his father at the FSU game last year. He is watching depth chart. We are going to have a log jam, UT or OU for him.

Miami is not even recruiting Nayquan btw for people always asking about him. He didn’t play the whole year this season due to injury. I do like Wright and think he’s a great player but I won’t second guess this staff and their RB picks. Richt knows that position way too well.

Thanks Geo. Substance is like water in the desert.

I’ll start out by saying that this kid doesn’t wow you when you put on the tape. He looks like a good player but not someone who is elite. A bit surprised we took him this early to be honest.

With that being said, he does look like a all around good football player with good instincts. He really does remind me of Travis Homer and I think that should bode well for us as an emergency RB in the future for depth. I don’t expect this kid to be pressing Lingard or Davis for carries in the future put I do see him as a good rotational guy that competes day in and day out and a special teams ace.

I’ll start out by saying that this kid doesn’t wow you when you put on the tape. He looks like a good player but not someone who is elite. A bit surprised we took him this early to be honest.

With that being said, he does look like a all around good football player with good instincts. He really does remind me of Travis Homer and I think that should bode well for us as an emergency RB in the future for depth. I don’t expect this kid to be pressing Lingard or Davis for carries in the future put I do see him as a good rotational guy that competes day in and day out and a special teams ace.

In no way shape or form is Crowley like Homer.

Homer is a small, quick, fast, and hard running RB.

Crowley is the complete opposite. Big, good balance, breaks tackles, patient, and good speed. His game translates to FBS and NFL ball.

Advertisement
Back