Marcus Crowley, 2019 recruit, commits to Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm a huge proponent of the star system and will never pretend like I know a ton about "scouting." But this is one of those times I really don't understand how he already isn't a 4* recruit. That size, that athleticism, and those hands out of the backfield. I get the lack of speed maybe limits how high up the 4* ladder he can go. But ****, that's a 4* player.

College coaches (or ex players) don't make the recruiting rankings.

Average Joes do.

I'm a huge proponent of the star system and will never pretend like I know a ton about "scouting." But this is one of those times I really don't understand how he already isn't a 4* recruit. That size, that athleticism, and those hands out of the backfield. I get the lack of speed maybe limits how high up the 4* ladder he can go. But ****, that's a 4* player.

Advertisement
If he was not committed he would have had that 4 * no doubt. So me happy with a 3* awesome RB recruit.

Advertisement
And I prefer it that way, no need to inform anyone about these kids, we’ll continue to let them sleep and make 3 * jokes about Miami. Little do they know, that’s how Miami will build it’s way back into being a National Powerhouse. Offer & take guys like Crowley, Brooks, Harvey, Munoz. Guys from Florida who are supremely overlooked either because of junior season injuries or simple evaluations. we might not crack a top 5 every year recruiting wise but if we can find hidden gems like these, 3* players who have 4* talent, 4* star players who have 5* talent, we’ll be contending with the best of them.

I agree.

I think he'll show up somewhere in the 220s and get bigger from there.

read in Jax. area paper approaching 210 in weight. Kid will be hear if not 220 as a senior. With our S&C will be 230+ with that ability.

Advertisement
College coaches (or ex players) don't make the recruiting rankings.

Average Joes do.

Exactly. The more you follow recruiting, the more you realize that's it's not some precise science. These supposed recruiting "experts" know very little compared to the coaches actually recruiting the kids.

Advertisement
Back