Marcus Clarke

Hurricane Hero

Recruit
Defense or Offense? I was told by his coach that he is lightning in a bottle on offense and is better on offense right now. He also told me that if he is able to refine his skills at corner he could be a major contributor. What are your thoughts?
5219EAE5-D7BA-423A-9B09-1DD40E10F872.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
In true Miami fashion we'll prolly misuse him till year 2-3 of his career only to watch him declare early....but in all seriousness.

H'es 100% going to rep @ D in 2020. We took 3WR's and the depth at CB won't allow for any other scenario. If he wan't to earn his way to an offensive role he'll have to do it through winning ST reps on returns. ....imo of course.

Advertisement
We’re in rough shape at corner.

**** we were loaded at WR in the beginning but we lost Ezzard, Cager, and Hightower to the portal and JT4 and Osborne to graduation. Can’t forget about the loss of AR either. We are super flimsy all over.

Advertisement
Ive been saying it and ill keep saying it, you switch him and Restrepo and it should be an easy decision. Restrepo is the dog we need on defense. He has that same demeanor as Jaquan Johnson had. Steven told me that Marcus has the best hands hes ever seen at any level. Said the kid just doesn't drop a pass. Steven also told me it doesn't matter where he ends up that Marcus has always been the best if not one of the best players on the field. Steven has been coaching Marcus since pop Warner days. Take it as you will. Im just glad we got him. Him being listed as a 3 star is a joke.

We’re in rough shape at corner.

**** we were loaded at WR in the beginning but we lost Ezzard, Cager, and Hightower to the portal and JT4 and Osborne to graduation. Can’t forget about the loss of AR either. We are super flimsy all over.
We may need to rethink what it means to be ‘loaded’ at WR if your post is to make sense.

Ive been saying it and ill keep saying it, you switch him and Restrepo and it should be an easy decision. Restrepo is the dog we need on defense. He has that same demeanor as Jaquan Johnson had. Steven told me that Marcus has the best hands hes ever seen at any level. Said the kid just doesn't drop a pass. Steven also told me it doesn't matter where he ends up that Marcus has always been the best if not one of the best players on the field. Steven has been coaching Marcus since pop Warner days. Take it as you will. Im just glad we got him. Him being listed as a 3 star is a joke.
He’s very underrated and I’m glad he’s a cane!

Advertisement
He unfortunately has to stay at corner no matter what thanks to this staff's inadequacy overall, but no reason he can't return kicks and possibly compete for punt returner and make an impact there.

May pan out, maybe not. But at least hes an athlete dammit. No more slow technicians please. I dont care if someone could improve their 40 time. I want fast twitch athletes that can turn and run effortlessly. We always see our corners slow as balls in highschool, and try to find reasons to like them. Rumph has to go.

Advertisement
Back