Marcus Clarke SR HL (updated)

Advertisement
I don't know much about the comp on his tape...I do know he looked very good on both sides of the ball against a very athletic Ohio D-1 state champ Pickerington Central squad.....this kid can definitely run.... no need to worry about him covering the deep ball...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Long corner with speed and playmaker ability once the ball is in his hand. I think his skill set is gonna translate well to the college game. He just have to work hard and believing himself and he'll be a stud hear.

I don’t see nothing elite about this kid. I mean he might be good but I’m not seeing a stud
Miami needs more playmakers at cb with ball skills , that’s what made some of our great Miami teams great. Clarke is that and has plenty of speed. Look at some of our recent corners who played mostly offense in highschool corn elder and malek Young who had similar size as Clarke maybe they were a little smaller than Clarke but they made the transition to a full time corner very well at Miami. I like How Christian Williams was a playmaker on offense in highschool and Isaiah dunson is in that same mold as both of those 2 made plays at corner and on offense. Miami needs more of those type of cbs

Last edited:
Why not have him play defense and get a few plays on offense as well? So many schools do it. It raises the profile of the player, creates buzz, and tells the next “defensive” recruit that if you are good enough, we’ll design some offensive plays for you. I’ve never understood UM’s unwillingness to do this.

Advertisement
I’m tired of us getting INTs and not housing them mfs, it’s embarrassing lol. He Is electric with the ball though. He’ll contribute at KR/PR.

*and before anyone brings up Bandy from 3 seasons ago, KYS.

I’m tired of us getting INTs and not housing them mfs, it’s embarrassing lol. He Is electric with the ball though. He’ll contribute at KR/PR.

*and before anyone brings up Bandy from 3 seasons ago, KYS.
Truth we beat the turds is we had DBs with vision.

Advertisement
I think he was in the high 4.5 range at the Opening last year. I expect that to improve with S&C under Feeley.

Advertisement
Man I got roasted for saying this after watching his Junior Highlights but the same thing is still true.

He doesn't have a single clip of him covering anyone in man to man coverage. He's just playing with a deep cushion and relying on his closing speed to come up and make a tackle. The clips look more like a safety. He's basically looking in the backfield on every snap.

His high school coaches did nothing to help him develop as a corner his senior year. He's starting from scratch his here at Miami. 0 chance he's ready as a freshman. We need a grad transfer

When he was put in on defense he played safety most of the time. What you don't see is him playing much Cb and thats because when he was playing cb he played man to man and the other team didn't go at that wr when Clarke was covering him. During his jr and last year when ever they went up against a stud wr Clarke was put on him and those wr rarely got many touches. Thats what his coaches told me.

As for his speed all I can say is go back and watch all his highlights, the kid is never caught from behind. Its like he's almost gliding, he makes it look effortlessly.

Man I got roasted for saying this after watching his Junior Highlights but the same thing is still true.

He doesn't have a single clip of him covering anyone in man to man coverage. He's just playing with a deep cushion and relying on his closing speed to come up and make a tackle. The clips look more like a safety. He's basically looking in the backfield on every snap.

His high school coaches did nothing to help him develop as a corner his senior year. He's starting from scratch his here at Miami. 0 chance he's ready as a freshman. We need a grad transfer

I heard he covered well at the Opening and wanted to take every rep. Physicality is my concern on defense. If he improves there, he has big upside at corner.

Advertisement
Back