2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Advertisement
The people that are complaining about how we aren't getting every single 5 star should go on back to the Facebook pages. We don't accept you here. These are the type of kids that the previous staffs constantly overlooked. This kid's film looks really strong. He has legit size and he is a freakish athlete. I have also heard great things about his worth ethic and attitude. Just based on the speed and size of the guys we are recruiting, its clear that our evaluations have gotten significantly better.

Mario is recruiting better than they did at the same point I reckon.. will we get lucky and get two one of a kind QB’s back to back? God I hope so
Clemson was winning 10-11 games a year before Lawrence and Watson. Tahj Boyd was a nice college qb but nothing special or a top pick. He was a sixth rounder. Dabo even won 10 games with a journeyman Cole Stoudt starting over half the year with a true Fr Watson. Having a good staff and dynamic offenses helped with pretty good recruiting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Clemson was winning 10-11 games a year before Lawrence and Watson. Tahj Boyd was a nice college qb but nothing special or a top pick. He was a sixth rounder. He even win 10 games with a journeyman Cole Stoudt starting over half the year with a true Fr Watson. Having a good staff and dynamic offenses helped with pretty good recruiting.
Speaking of the ACC I'm surprised with FSU having their best season in a while there are still non existent for any of the remaining top guys

did you see some of the offers some of our 3 stars have? these are not projects. One of them for example was the center UGA wanted. The one we will land tomorrow UGA wanted too. Another guy we took from enables. One of our 3 star TEs had over 40 offers.

If UGa wanted Horton they would have Horton.

Have we not learned from the last 20 years to stop overhyping 3 stars like every single one of them is a diamond in the rough. I support Mario but we need to win next year and recruit even better. As someone mentioned in this thread this class is top heavy but hey it’s a very good class I’m not complaining

Some of y’all are miserable pricks. Kid is going to be one of 5 LBs we are bringing in excluding portal. Staff sees something in him they like and can mold. He won’t be called upon to really like lay for 2-3 years.

Advertisement

Have we not learned from the last 20 years to stop overhyping 3 stars like every single one of them is a diamond in the rough. I support Mario but we need to win next year and recruit even better. As someone mentioned in this thread this class is top heavy but hey it’s a very good class I’m not complaining
false. Their own dude Rusty Mansell wrote on their board when we landed Cormani " be careful if you are in the final 3 with Miami". Miami is a threat to everyone we took

Wayne
Francis
Riley Williams
Cormani
Aguirre
Bryant

all number 1 options from bama.

Bottom line - no one AT THIS POINT seems to have real insight regarding this take. It's understandable why some find it curious. Hopefully someone with connects will soon add perspective. It does seem the idea of adding another LB was just green-lighted (if you believe Gaby).

for your information he is about to be bumped as a 4 star in 247 and rivals.

Y’all real sensitive I’m just ******* around but it is a lot of 3 stars compared to the elite schools who dominate college football. There is no denying that

Couldn't question Mario until the wheels fell off in season. Before that the Mario bros were in full attack mode.

Say anything about his recruiting, the Mario bros are back out in full force. Lol. All you're doing is stating a fact that we currently have the most 3 stars of any team in the top 10 recruiting rankings and it's not close.

Some of these guys appear to be good takes, others questionable. Why some dopes get upset because not everyone is jumping for joy or voice there own opinion is comical.

Advertisement
Y’all real sensitive I’m just ******* around but it is a lot of 3 stars compared to the elite schools who dominate college football. There is no denying that
Michigan , Cinci and maybe TCU got in playoffs with 10 or more 3* in their classes...it's all about evals...

Advertisement
Michigan , Cinci and maybe TCU got in playoffs with 10 or more 3* in their classes...it's all about evals...

And coaching. They have better coaches than us to develop those 3 stars.

Mario needs 4 and 5 stars to win to make up for his lack of coaching this is well known

These aren’t the same three stars as previous staffs and it’s obvious to anyone that’s not trying to be a ****. We were taking guys with offers from Buffalo and Uconn under some of our previous coaches. These kids have legit big offers from power five and Sec schools. On top of that we have a scouting / recruiting dept lead by a former NFL executive / scout. What college can say that? Once again if you can’t see that and still comparing to previous staffs this conversation / debate is a waste.

Advertisement
Back