2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Advertisement
I don’t know **** about **** but that tape is the most underwhelming tape I have seen in a long time. Kid looks slow and lumbering. Nothing in that tape tells me he should be a take for a Miami hurricanes football roster in need of major roster help. This looks like a kid who is barely good enough to go to ga tech.

This is super questionable I can’t believe this is the best they can find to fill the last LB spot.
Ouch

Advertisement
A guy with 4.2 doesn't run a 9.8, lmfao.

Devon Allen ran a 10.36 100m at Oregon and a 4.35 40 at his pro day. This conversion shows an expected time of 4.32 with that 100m, so it's close. No conversion is perfect bc there are so many variables (distance, reaction time, running surface, competition vs solo), but i would expect these conversions to be in the ballpark of what we'd see across general averages. I would expect the lowest and highest times to have the most variability, like any statistical analysis.
Screenshot 2022-12-03 163814.jpg

Devon Allen ran a 10.36 100m at Oregon and a 4.35 40 at his pro day. This conversion shows an expected time of 4.32 with that 100m, so it's close. No conversion is perfect bc there are so many variables (distance, reaction time, running surface, competition vs solo), but i would expect these conversions to be in the ballpark of what we'd see across general averages. I would expect the lowest and highest times to have the most variability, like any statistical analysis.
View attachment 217794
If a 4.2 guy runs a 9.8, Usain Bolt should still be competing because he ran a 4.2 at a Super Bowl event at 34 without sprint training.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
And as you know he was stone cold crazy I miss when our defense had psychos on every level
Craziest MFer on a Team of Crazy MFers....
Practiced like his life was on the line....Hardest Hit I ever saw at GreenTree was Nate blasting RB Will McPartland...and I've seen Tons of hard hits there

If a 4.2 guy runs a 9.8, Usain Bolt should still be competing because he ran a 4.2 at a Super Bowl event at 34 without sprint training.

Was it hand timed?

Bolt ran sub-9.8 many times over his career. His personal best was a 9.58, with a few 9.6s and 9.7s throughout his career. The snapshot i sent without the graph shows a 9.8 being a 4.1 40, so like i said there's some variability within the calculations out there, as well as variability on both ends of the spectrum, especially with athletes like Bolt. It still doesn't make the conversions and/or discussions meaningless. Many have commented on the speed they see on tape. Without a true 40 time to base his speed on, all we have is track time conversions and our eyes.

Advertisement
Back