2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Advertisement
If Mario and Zo signed off on this kid, I’m for it. He seems to play controlled but aggressive, fits the size profile they are looking for, and while he isn’t wrapping up like he should, the one thing I noticed from the highlights is that I don’t see him as the type that gets blocked on run plays. He seems to sniff out the play and gets to ball carrier through right gaps and correct angles.

Between MLB with bigger size and DL emphasis, we will definitely have a different look for 1st and 2nd down on defense.

Advertisement
I don’t think we have a ton. We have 5 top 100 players. Good news is that we will add more. But if you look at the elite recruiting schools, they are usually 2-3x 4* to 3* commits. Seeing as recruiting is our only way out, we need classes like that in my opinion. Maybe we will get there regardless of this take
We won 5 games this year we were no where near the elite schools on the field but are competing with them in recruiting. I agree next years class has to be better but if we close with Okunlola, Bain and 1 more big name not sure how you could complain.

Watching his tape reminded me Bryan Cox…an enforcer who didn’t have the best speed but made up for it with heart and nastiness. I have no idea of how good he is but that’s what jumped out at me. Steele and Strong historically have known what they want

Advertisement
If Mario and Zo signed off on this kid, I’m for it. He seems to play controlled but aggressive, fits the size profile they are looking for, and while he isn’t wrapping up like he should, the one thing I noticed from the highlights is that I don’t see him as the type that gets blocked on run plays. He seems to sniff out the play and gets to ball carrier through right gaps and correct angles.

Between MLB with bigger size and DL emphasis, we will definitely have a different look for 1st and 2nd down on defense.
All of this!

bUt hE’s a tHrEe sTaR

Advertisement
good position to be in when we have a top 10 class, are on a hot streak, and the natives are restless because they don’t like the 4th/5th linebacker in the class and the Top 100 DE we flipped from a playoff team with a knack for putting defensive ends in the first round wasn’t a big enough name.

Seeing as this is more of a depth/traits take I’m okay with it on top of adding Clark.

Bryant
Popo
Washington
Clark

Would all be hopefully coming in with him same class…

Advertisement
I don’t think we have a ton. We have 5 top 100 players. Good news is that we will add more. But if you look at the elite recruiting schools, they are usually 2-3x 4* to 3* commits. Seeing as recruiting is our only way out, we need classes like that in my opinion. Maybe we will get there regardless of this take
Well let’s agree to disagree then. 5 top 100 players is a great amount to start and higher than we have had in a long while. Also, outside the top 100, Popo, Ray Ray, Robbie, and Acheampong are high level prospects. This class is loaded and on paper the best class we have had since 08.

Advertisement
Back