2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

I wonder if Mario is considering switching to a 3-4 as the base D. Mario hired Tim DeRuyter as his DC at Oregon in 2021. DeRuyter is a 3-4 guy. Pulliam seems like a player Mario would bulk up a bit to be a ILB (thumper). Skrong is a 3-4 guy too.

Advertisement
I wonder if Mario is considering switching to a 3-4 as the base D. Mario hired Tim DeRuyter as his DC at Oregon in 2021. DeRuyter is a 3-4 guy. Pulliam seems like a player Mario would bulk up a bit to be a ILB (thumper)

Really hope not. Hate the 3-4 with the athletes down here. And finding an elite NT is so difficult

I wonder if Mario is considering switching to a 3-4 as the base D. Mario hired Tim DeRuyter as his DC at Oregon in 2021. DeRuyter is a 3-4 guy. Pulliam seems like a player Mario would bulk up a bit to be a ILB (thumper). Skrong is a 3-4 guy too.

Honestly watching this kid tape it reminded me of the Lb Saban USED to recruit when he ran more 3-4 and huge ILB before he realized the college game has changed and he started recruiting more speed.

Interesting if we have a new DC and this is a scheme fit for the new guy.

Advertisement
Honestly watching this kid tape it reminded me of the Lb Saban USED to recruit when he ran more 3-4 and huge ILB before he realized the college game has changed and he started recruiting more speed.

Interesting if we have a new DC and this is a scheme fit for the new guy.

Pieces would fit if Skrong is going to be DC. Recruiting guys for his D. Also would have been nuts for Mario to hire a 3-4 DC at Oregon last year without a plan to move in that direction.

BTW would be interesting to jump in the what-if machine and see where we'd be today if Richt had landed his #1 DC choice, Aranda, instead of Diaz.

You need as many bodies as you can for a good 3 deep.
Can’t have this huge drop off from a 1st to a 2nd stringer and even worse a 3d stringer.

You saw what just happened to us with the oline and other positions throughout the years .
Can’t have dudes play hurt and not perform and prolong the injury because you don’t have good enough back ups.
They can all play and they can all eat.
Defenses now rotate a lot of players in and out and they have packages for different offenses and different plays

Can’t have a guy go down and have an offense pick at his back up cause he sucks. That has happened to us for too many years.
Not only that. Sometimes our quality starters are having a bad game and they keep them in there cause again the back up isn’t a solution.

Competition makes everyone better including the coaches.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not sure which school you looked at the last 20 years but we ain’t playing with house money we’re ******* broke

For this class at the LB position we are. We have 3 elite guys. What more do you expect for the season we had & last 20 years?

Advertisement
He’s just hyping it up. Seems like he is well liked by his peers. They’re all having a good time.

There is no need to because teams don’t run base defense anymore unless they run a 4-2-5. Bama and uga hardly ever are in a 3-4. And strong runs a 3-3-5

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back