2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

If this quote on his 247 profile is correct: Also runs track … Posted a 12.06 in the 100-meter dash in Spring of 2022 along with a 12.26 and a 12.82 in the event.......he might be the same speed at Flagg. That doesn't mean he can't improve but track times do hold water.

I posted in another thread that a 12.06 is roughly a 5.0 40, based on different methodologies on how to convert. The 12.26 and 12.82 are even slower. Flagg was a 4.92 at the Houston regional in HS.
A 12.05 is a 4.8.

Advertisement
I don’t know **** about **** but that tape is the most underwhelming tape I have seen in a long time. Kid looks slow and lumbering. Nothing in that tape tells me he should be a take for a Miami hurricanes football roster in need of major roster help. This looks like a kid who is barely good enough to go to ga tech.

This is super questionable I can’t believe this is the best they can find to fill the last LB spot.
Are we looking at the same film? Did you see the mid season highlights? Most underwhelming tape you’ve seen in a long time? We have insufferable fans

Flagg sucks. No doubt. Js height ain’t everything. Need speed and talent. This is questionable. Why not fill with a proven portal player. Regardless in Mario I trust.
They’re paid millions to build their roster. If they think he can be a ST’s star , depth piece, starter or All Acc it’s their decision. They have a type and he fits it. They want big , long kids playing inside. We have plenty of spots to take him and we’ll add more in the portal. I don’t have a strong opinion either way with this one. I need to see more.

What if they want to make him an edge? You never know. And for all the Flagg hate, we’ve had much bigger and much faster LBs who looked WORSE than Flagg. No point in being fast if it’s in the wrong direction (mental). We need LBs that can do both. Bissainthe is the only LB with a spot imo.

Advertisement
A 12.05 is a 4.8.
Not according to the sources and calculations i checked before posting, which aligned to what i've seen in the past.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 161944.jpg
Screenshot 2022-12-03 162004.jpg

Are we looking at the same film? Did you see the mid season highlights? Most underwhelming tape you’ve seen in a long time? We have insufferable fans

Tape I saw had some big hits but lacked speed. Nothing popped on that tape as far as being an elite Lb.

Hey I hope Mario, Zo, strong or whoever green lighted this hit a diamond in the rough cause we need help but there is a reason not a single big school is after him. I’ll leave it at that and wish this kid well when he picks Miami later.

Advertisement
In an ideal situation this kid is a special teams player as a freshman and sophomore and gets PT as an upperclassman.

Lot of porsters forget the days of forcing back up edge players like Mike Smith to convert to 2nd team MLB and getting meaningful reps at important spots in games.

Not every recruit needs to be a starter right away. He would be a great depth guy.

Also most of the porsters who hate this kids tape are the same porsters who are 100% convinced Gattis will be back on the sidelines next season.

Advertisement
Kid is a project/flyer but when you have a loaded class like we do, it’s okay. Not to mention we are flipping a roster and we need LBs and as stated he fits the bill of what you are looking for in the middle. At the very least he contributes on STs.

Advertisement
This a Mike lb and Mario likes big , long , physical guys inside ……pause
Oh yea this dude is huge already probably be like 235lbs in few years. I could have sworn Popo is being brought in to play the Mike spot too

I have no clue if this kid is any good or not, but two things:

1) we are constantly *****ing that we aren’t a physical team, and if nothing else this kid looks physical

2) I’m not really interested in his 100m time, but I am interested in his short burst…so if anyone has any of that info it might be more useful

Advertisement
Back