2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Kids posting their offers. This guy has really good film. We might be done at LB but he 6'3, 215. The size we looking for. I'm not sure how you can have 22 offers with offers from Clemson, Miami and Auburn and have no stars on 247. I liked his film. He is a 3 star on Rivals. I know we love the stars so we can brag but this guy has everything we looking for if you ignore his rating. He from Tyrone Georgia btw

1659373573200.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love the violence in his stye. But I worry that his style will lead to injuries for him.
I also wonder if he has enough change of direction. He looks a little stiff.
He would be a great special teams player for all the reasons above.

I love the violence in his stye. But I worry that his style will lead to injuries for him.
I also wonder if he has enough change of direction. He looks a little stiff.
He would be a great special teams player for all the reasons above.
The crazy Part is Bobby Washington film is the same exact thing if you go watch it.. Them dudes are just running full speed and hitting dudes no wrap or nothing lol.

As they get coached up look out because the violence is there....and we havent had alot of violence at LB since Pink and Quarterman left

Looks good. With the ICs this year if he wants in and isn't taking an elite prospects spot why not? Needs some time before contributing but is a baller on special teams in the meantime.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Same. Showed some decent stuff but for some reason he looks slow…if Steele and Strong like him then wtf do I know lol
I think he looks a little slow is because he is a long strider. I think he probably has a good top end.
When you look for a good DB you have to look for really fluid hips.... When you look for inside LB they have to have excellent lateral quickness and good hips & hands (pop).
It is a difficult tape to evaluate because he rarely is engaged (slips everything). In fact it almost seems strange how no one ever gets to him - he is running free 99% of the time??? No much tape of taking on a big gaurd and playing off - no tackles pinning him - just seems strange.
Have to ask - why are his only highlights of him running free?
On a side note... They are mostly playing a 3-3 stack and those D-Lineman are doing a very good job. They all look a little undersized but use their quickness to win and draw 2 a lot.

Man in here talking bout man slow, lol. First of all I aint gonna hype up kid saying he the next coming of Ray Lewis but he aint slow. He plays under control. He has punt blocks where he is the first one to get in there and that is just, how fast can you get there. Also there is a play at 5:42 in his highlight where he had to open and sprint the chase down the ball career from behind.

Thing I like about him the most is he really understands leverage, even when making tackles and plays where he has the outside, he keeps his outside shoulder free and keep the ball carrier inside. Would I want this guy to be the headliner of the LB class, probably not but we have other guys who are highly rated. This guy has a good base to work with if he comes in and you work on his body with Feld. He is a smart player, it comes out on film

Advertisement
Man in here talking bout man slow, lol. First of all I aint gonna hype up kid saying he the next coming of Ray Lewis but he aint slow. He plays under control. He has punt blocks where he is the first one to get in there and that is just, how fast can you get there. Also there is a play at 5:42 in his highlight where he had to open and sprint the chase down the ball career from behind.

Thing I like about him the most is he really understands leverage, even when making tackles and plays where he has the outside, he keeps his outside shoulder free and keep the ball carrier inside. Would I want this guy to be the headliner of the LB class, probably not but we have other guys who are highly rated. This guy has a good base to work with if he comes in and you work on his body with Feld. He is a smart player, it comes out on film
I wouldn't say he's slow straight line but his change if direction and acceleration leave a little to be desired imo. I think that's extremely important at all positions but especially linebacker.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say he's slow straight line but his change if direction and acceleration leave a little to be desired imo. I think that's extremely important at all positions but especially linebacker.
Didn’t see any plays where his change of direction was any problem. If you can point to specifics, point it out. None of what you said came out in that film unless we watch totally different film, or u watched full game clips where that came out. I rewatched his film after seeing the comments and i was watching specifically if he got beat to the sideline and such, never seen that. And the most underrated part is he really understands the position. Ill trust the staff and what my eyes see.

Wouldn't be shocked if his ranking blows up late, then man gonna change their tune, like they did with Jean and Chris Johnson

The crazy Part is Bobby Washington film is the same exact thing if you go watch it.. Them dudes are just running full speed and hitting dudes no wrap or nothing lol.

As they get coached up look out because the violence is there....and we havent had alot of violence at LB since Pink and Quarterman left

Violence!!!!

Advertisement
Back