2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Spencer is a Safety here.

With the way they're recruiting body types, Spencer doesn't fit the mold.

He's got a narrow frame. I don't know how much more weight he'll be able to add. He's also not as physical as the other guys on that list.
You’re definitely right on the Spencer take. I just like the possibility of the long rangy type athletes who will be on the field together in the future. Even though Spencer isn’t a backer I can see him closer to LOS than playing deep.

Advertisement
Before it was Golden knows guys cause of some DE or DT he turned into a star. Etc
You’re comparing Golden to a HC that’s viewed as one of the best recruiters in the country, a good evaluator , that’s won multiple conference titles at a power five school? Do you see how some would think that’s kinda silly? This coach unlike the previous guys has a good reputation. We also have somebody helping with evaluations that worked in upper management and scouting for 20 + years. Some of y’all got to stop comparing staffs and resumes. There’s no comparison.

How many players with mixed reviews on his tape have panned out here?

Advertisement
Geez..I don't know. I gather from a Gaby tidbit that the staff "just green-lighted a 4th LB", but yet are still pursuing Stanquan from Central (a 5th). The logic doesn't add up.

You’re comparing Golden to a HC that’s viewed as one of the best recruiters in the country, a good evaluator , that’s won multiple conference titles at a power five school? Do you see how some would think that’s kinda silly? This coach unlike the previous guys has a good reputation. We also have somebody helping with evaluations that worked in upper management and scouting for 20 + years. Some of y’all got to stop comparing staffs and resumes. There’s no comparison.
goat GIF

At worst pulliam helps change the attitude cause that dude doesn’t look soft, and portal out in 2 years. At best he becomes a good ST player and helps with stopping the run.
Not attacking you but I watched Utah who’s pretty much a roster of 3 star recruits destroy USC and stomp them into the ground. It’s about the right 3 stars.

Advertisement
As many high 4 and 5 stars “talents” we’ve seen flame out around here, you’d think we’d learn not to be star *****’s. We’ve had a development problem here for at least 6 years. Stars don’t fix that. Let’s see how the evals pan out in conjunction with player development for a few cycles.

Advertisement
Some of you watch film and can’t look at an 17/18 year old and say ok…here’s what we envision. You look and say “this kid isn’t it” because you only see the 3rd or 4th year versions of kids in your head…or worse you compare them to Nfl men. You want Lb’s to look and play like Jon Vilma the minute they step on campus…and that just doesn’t happen in most cases.

Kid may not pan out…but no school in America has 100% retention/100% hit rate. But if 3 of these kids hit and the other 2 are serviceable that’s a successful class.

It’s like guys who see Horton and aren’t sold. Don’t look at the current product…because we aren’t ever winning again if we have to rely on 5-6 Fresh/sophs on both sides of the ball every 1-2 year.

Not attacking you but I watched Utah who’s pretty much a roster of 3 star recruits destroy USC and stomp them into the ground. It’s about the right 3 stars.
For Utah they have a very good defensive system that been around for awhile and really develop their guys. I’m not bashing his potential, but I’m setting a realistic range of expectations for him.

Advertisement
Looks like a 3 star lb, hope he can learn to wrap up, I’m sick of all our guys looking for the kill shot and not getting anyone down. That said he’s our 4-5th lb we’re going to sign this year, really doesn’t seem like something to complain about, he’s got good measurables and if he doesn’t develop recruit over him.

How many players with mixed reviews on his tape have panned out here?

And how many 1st round draft choices end up busts or jag’s, even after millions of dollars are spent on deciding wether they are worth the investment.

If you think this business is anything more than a set of probabilities, you might not be clearly understanding what’s going on

For Utah they have a very good defensive system that been around for awhile and really develop their guys. I’m not bashing his potential, but I’m setting a realistic range of expectations for him.
Nah bro. You gotta pimp every recruit like he's a 3-year starter / day 1 draft pick. Pointing out a possible jag makes you a 'star-*****'.
I'm happy for this kid and hope he becomes a contributor.

Advertisement
Back