MAR

I think it's premature to say he can't play RB or that he's no good, just because he hasn't played doesn't necessarily mean he sucks. Idk how this board continually forgets that politics get played when it comes to playing time with lots of coaching staffs, unless you know for a fact, you should never just assume he's not playing because he's not good enough or that all things are fair & square, because sometimes they're not.

Also the kid is literally just a Red Frosh for God sakes, yall are acting like he's a 5th year Senior, is it at all possible that he may need some time to develop? I mean are Miami fans seriously going to act like we've never had a player that took a couple of years before they hit their stride & contributed?

He's a naturally gifted & talented player, if he were to hit the Portal you bet your last **** dollar he's a take whether it's at RB, WR or DB, why? Look at our roster fools, is this not the same board that complains about slow upperclassmen still getting reps every game? Ain't yall the same fans that say we need to stack chips? And yall wanna turn down Ahmmon's lil brother if he decided to transfer?

Come on now, I get being upset that he chose Auburn over us, but you have to understand, he didn't troll us or decommit last second, his brother had his career ended here due to injury & Miami had just had a coaching change at HC & at his position & oh yeah we went 7-6 that year of his recruitment.

Idk if he's even considering transferring, but if he did, he's a take all day just based off his talent & the stock he comes from alone. He's currently 6'1 208lbs with legit 4.4/4.5 speed & is natural athlete, plus he hasn't even played yet, way too early to throw dirt on him.

And to add to this, Auburn is a DISASTER right now......

Advertisement
I agree that he didn’t disrespect us during his recruitment, I’m just not sure if we have the room to take someone as just an “athlete” because we have some very specific positional needs, and running back, the one position that for sure we know he wants to play, is not one of those needs.

Quite honestly, I don’t know if we have the luxury to take him as just a general purpose “athlete“ unless he’s just one of the best in the country, a “can’t miss” guy, which right now he is not.

Do you guys even know if he has the skill set required to play wide receiver? Just because somebody has a good 40 time does not mean that they’re automatically going to be a good receiver.

How much tape have you seen of him running routes and catching the ball? How do you even know he would even make a halfway decent wide receiver? For fūcks’s sake!

The way people think on this board is totally retarded.

Advertisement
😂😂😂 facts fans be thinking college football like on the video game

Just blows my mind.

Somebody list a 4.5 40, this guy has little to zero experience as a wide receiver, and we have people advocating the use of valuable roster spot to plug in a complete unknown at wide receiver.

It literally is baba googoo first grade thinking

😂😂😂 facts fans be thinking college football like on the video game
True. It’s almost impossible to take a do it all athlete and transition him into a wide receiver or running back. Wait isn’t that what happened with DeeJay Dallas? That was a total failed experiment right? Just an NFL draft pick with return ability and some of the best hands on his team. Back to NCAA football video game ✌🏾

Advertisement
Prepare yourselves to see Lil bro in the transfer portal, already passed up by two freshmen RB's. Never really understood why this kid preferred to play RB over DB. Chris Johnson of the Titans as successful as he was was quoted saying "if I could do it over again, I'd play cb", the beating vs the pay just isn't worth it
He ain't his brother I tell u that....AR had a gift first rounder gift

True. It’s almost impossible to take a do it all athlete and transition him into a wide receiver or running back. Wait isn’t that what happened with DeeJay Dallas? That was a total failed experiment right? Just an NFL draft pick with return ability and some of the best hands on his team. Back to NCAA football video game ✌🏾

You’re comparing Deejay to this guy?

You must not be very familiar with what DJ accomplished in high school, or even in his first two years in college. There literally is no comparison.

MAR does not have his track record, and that’s putting it mildly.

You’re comparing Deejay to this guy?

You must not be very familiar with what DJ accomplished in high school, or even in his first two years in college. There literally is no comparison.

MAR does not have his track record, and that’s putting it mildly.
He doesn’t have DeeJay’s track record based off what? Auburn not playing him early, neither did DeeJay early on until injuries. Fact is MAR upgrades the team and adds elements that we lack

He doesn’t have DeeJay’s track record based off what? Auburn not playing him early, neither did DeeJay early on until injuries. Fact is MAR upgrades the team and adds elements that we lack

You clearly have no clue about either of these players, this is what’s called talking out of your ***.

Look at their high school careers, and then what they’ve accomplished their first two years in college. They are not comparable.

MAR is a good prospect with potential, and that is all. And he’s a good prospect at a position where we literally have no need. Where does he fit in our roster based on our needs?

Advertisement
You clearly have no clue about either of these players, this is what’s called talking out of your ***.

Look at their high school careers, and then what they’ve accomplished their first two years in college. They are not comparable.

MAR is a good prospect with potential, and that is all. And he’s a good prospect at a position where we literally have no need. Where does he fit in our roster based on our needs?
Talking out your *** is downplaying a top 100 player that is taller and faster than our last successful athlete project we had. MAR can literally help us at RB/WR/DB/KR all three areas that need more production.

Talking out your *** is downplaying a top 100 player that is taller and faster than our last successful athlete project we had. MAR can literally help us at RB/WR/DB/KR all three areas that need more production.
DJ played qb in high school and primarily ran the ball. There was plenty of tape to tell he had good vision and could run. He came in and we put him at receiver first. He was a good enough athlete to do both. WR/RB are very different positions and to think guys can interchange between the two is absurd. Majority can’t.
I haven’t watched MAR tape in a while. But I don’t recall anything that gave a sense he could be a route runner and play wr.

DJ played qb in high school and primarily ran the ball. There was plenty of tape to tell he had good vision and could run. He came in and we put him at receiver first. He was a good enough athlete to do both. WR/RB are very different positions and to think guys can interchange between the two is absurd. Majority can’t.
I haven’t watched MAR tape in a while. But I don’t recall anything that gave a sense he could be a route runner and play wr.
Refresh your memory

Advertisement
I did. Nothing told me he could be an effective route runner. He’s not a wr. Give it up.

Not only that, there is no indication that he would be willing to entertain a move to defense. He certainly didn’t want to when he was being recruited. Literally the only thing we know about him is that he’s a running back, of unknown ability in college, that’s not getting used at Auburn. Because he can’t crack the starting three or four. He’s had almost two years to make something happen there..

I’m not trying to shlt on the young man, as a matter fact I thought he handled himself during recruitment well, even though we were trying to get him to come on board as a defensive back. But we don’t even know if he could play that position well, and he certainly hasn’t practiced at it. And we look pretty solid for running back at this point.

When we have such more important needs at other positions other than running back, I don’t see it this point taking a flyer on him.

Unless you’re just so absolutely sure that his athletic attributes will allow him to play multiple positions, and that he would be willing to do so. And right now that just doesn’t seem like reality, AT ALL.

Last edited:
I’d take him back as a CB only out of respect for his brother
Respect for his brother? Buy him a coke next time you see him. he got his degree....thats the respect. The love for anyone that is related to other players on here is insane despite the fact that most of them don't pan out. Its utterly dumb.

Just blows my mind.

Somebody list a 4.5 40, this guy has little to zero experience as a wide receiver, and we have people advocating the use of valuable roster spot to plug in a complete unknown at wide receiver.

It literally is baba googoo first grade thinking
Lol then they’ll get mad when he come in and behind pope and not big bro 😭😭🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Back