MAR

I’d take him back as a CB only out of respect for his brother
He chose AU with no respect shown towards his brother. So pass on that logic.

You only take him if he can help the team.

He is a RB right now and buried on the depth chart where he is at. No value to us. We didn't even want him at RB in HS.

If he was a S, he could be an impact player. But we have recruited the position great and don't need to take a current RB to try and develop him.

He is not a CB either.

So again, PASS. Lost your chance kid.

Advertisement
He chose AU with no respect shown towards his brother. So pass on that logic.

You only take him if he can help the team.

He is a RB right now and buried on the depth chart where he is at. No value to us. We didn't even want him at RB in HS.

If he was a S, he could be an impact player. But we have recruited the position great and don't need to take a current RB to try and develop him.

He is not a CB either.

So again, PASS. Lost your chance kid.

I always thought he did respect his brother and the family was not happy with how his neck injury was handled by UM

If he’s only value is Safety then pass. But CB or WR I would take him but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Hopefully some CBS look else where and we can scoop one or two

Advertisement
I would make him agree to play DB and then take him. As a previous poster stated he is basically a freshman with the redshirt and this year not counting. His tape at safety was ELITE big kid and plus athlete.
When you say DB I’m hoping CB because we seem to be very safety heavy on the roster and what we’re bringing in this class

we need CBs bad...

plus if he’s counting as an IC for this class that’s getting real tight on numbers and we are still on some big game

pass

Advertisement
Advertisement
I always thought he did respect his brother and the family was not happy with how his neck injury was handled by UM
That's basically what I was hearing at the time... His recruitment overlapped with AR82's health/legal issues with Miami. At the time the family was not happy with UM and how they handled their eldest son's situation. Also MAR was pretty outspoken that he didn't want to be in his brother's shadow and wanted to create his own "legacy". I never thought UM would be his top choice, but trying to be a RB at an SEC school at his size was a very bad decision.

Advertisement
That's basically what I was hearing at the time... His recruitment overlapped with AR82's health/legal issues with Miami. At the time the family was not happy with UM and how they handled their eldest son's situation. Also MAR was pretty outspoken that he didn't want to be in his brother's shadow and wanted to create his own "legacy". I never thought UM would be his top choice, but trying to be a RB at an SEC school at his size was a very bad decision.

He has nothing but respect for his brother.

Him and his family also handled things with class. No games played, kept it amongst themselves until announcing. We were out with our steadfast belief that he would play defense.

Our approach should've been simplified. You're an athlete, a very good one and potentially great. We don't have you pigeonholed anywhere and I've got 3 or 4 coaches who all want you in their group. Come to Miami, we'll find your spot on the field.

I would find a spot for him. He's an athlete and could help us somewhere. I don't think he'll portal, but guess we'll see.

He has nothing but respect for his brother.

Him and his family also handled things with class. No games played, kept it amongst themselves until announcing. We were out with our steadfast belief that he would play defense.

Our approach should've been simplified. You're an athlete, a very good one and potentially great. We don't have you pigeonholed anywhere and I've got 3 or 4 coaches who all want you in their group. Come to Miami, we'll find your spot on the field.

I would find a spot for him. He's an athlete and could help us somewhere. I don't think he'll portal, but guess we'll see.
Wow. A logical take for a change. Quite refreshing. MAR was a take then and he's a take now, without a doubt.

I think it's premature to say he can't play RB or that he's no good, just because he hasn't played doesn't necessarily mean he sucks. Idk how this board continually forgets that politics get played when it comes to playing time with lots of coaching staffs, unless you know for a fact, you should never just assume he's not playing because he's not good enough or that all things are fair & square, because sometimes they're not.

Also the kid is literally just a Red Frosh for God sakes, yall are acting like he's a 5th year Senior, is it at all possible that he may need some time to develop? I mean are Miami fans seriously going to act like we've never had a player that took a couple of years before they hit their stride & contributed?

He's a naturally gifted & talented player, if he were to hit the Portal you bet your last **** dollar he's a take whether it's at RB, WR or DB, why? Look at our roster fools, is this not the same board that complains about slow upperclassmen still getting reps every game? Ain't yall the same fans that say we need to stack chips? And yall wanna turn down Ahmmon's lil brother if he decided to transfer?

Come on now, I get being upset that he chose Auburn over us, but you have to understand, he didn't troll us or decommit last second, his brother had his career ended here due to injury & Miami had just had a coaching change at HC & at his position & oh yeah we went 7-6 that year of his recruitment.

Idk if he's even considering transferring, but if he did, he's a take all day just based off his talent & the stock he comes from alone. He's currently 6'1 208lbs with legit 4.4/4.5 speed & is natural athlete, plus he hasn't even played yet, way too early to throw dirt on him.

Advertisement
Back