Mar 6 vs Florida noon ACCN

I still think his job security is absolute, like the cops need to find a dead hooker in his trunk secure. Besides the incredible amount of donations from the DiMare family, I heard Gino donates his salary back to the U, which means they have a coach working for free essentially.
Any other legitimate business in America and that is called nepotism, conflict of interest, ... pick your pejorative phrase. The best sports franchises typically have an owner who most people have never heard of (or at least it used to be that way).

Look, I get it, the DiMare family should be in the Canes HOF and Canes fans should be very appreciative for all they have done, but it's 2022 and time to move on. We're either serious about winning, despite the coach's last name, or we aren't.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do you guys agree with this:

No postseason Gino is out? Or he still returns next season on hot seat

I wanted to throw up listening to the announcers say WERE YOUNG again for the 15th consecutive year

I've made peace with the fact that DiMare is HC for as long as he wants to be, no matter how UM finishes the season.

For all of the top 10 classes we’ve signed recently, we certainly don’t look real talented.
On this note: We have no position players left from the group that arrived in the fall of 2020. The three pitchers left are Palm, Garland, and McFarlane. Player retention is less important in the portal era, but the juniors that arrived as true freshman are still the backbone of any successful college baseball team. You can’t have classes like this (and this isn’t the first time we’ve done this-we had a string of three classes in the mid 2010s that produced a grand total of three junior position players) and not pay some price.

Really trying not to over react after this year series in the season but unless we host a regional and at LEAST look competitive in a **** super regional with this young team that you can say hey they got better and we’ll be returning 80% of the team for a big year….

Then Gino has to go…. In this new portal era you can reshape a roster in 2 seasons. Besides we’re looking to at least look competent again jeeeez have we fallen off

Advertisement
Monday Morning Post-Mortem: 14 walks issued by Hurricanes pitchers?!? Is that a school record? An ACC record? Add that to the 12 K's by the offense and it's kind of surprising they only lost by 8.

1646663768112.png

F - Palm
S - Walt
S - Ligon
W - Ziehl

Just make Walters a starter and try to win each game with 6+ innings of solid starting pitching.

Garland, Rosario, McFarlane and whoever else regularly throws BP can go ahead and comprise the worst bullpen of all time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back