Mar 6 vs Florida noon ACCN

Advertisement
Completely uncompetitive the last two days.

Same old Garland. Excellent against midweek caliber competition but struggles against anything better. At best we seem to have two reliable starters and a closer right now.

Same ol' song and dance from this program—yet we have fans every preseason screaming about Omaha and how this is the year.

Florida has OWNED this program for over a decade now. Got that Friday night win and then a total collapse at home over the weekend. Can't get hits, leaving guys on base, unable to manufacture runs. Gators pounce and Canes go into a shell.

DiMare should've gotten this gig a decade ago and would either have proved himself, or would've been out by now. Instead, Miami Baseball lives in purgatory. If he can't get it going this year, it's time to clean house as this still looks and feels like the latter Jim Morris years.

Advertisement

Same old Garland. Excellent against midweek caliber competition but struggles against anything better. At best we seem to have two reliable starters and a closer right now.
And a suspect offense against any teams with a pitching pulse...romero has not looked very good in the cleanup spot this weekend...outside of Burke Yoyo and maybe Dorian not very impressed w the bats so far

Gino should have been forced to hire a good, experienced hitting coach after last season.
I’ve said it under many screen names for many years, and it remains true: It’s not the coaching, it’s the recruiting. We can bring in all the hitting coaches we want, but if we continue to recruit showcase heroes instead of real baseball players, no amount of coaching will fix things.

And a suspect offense against any teams with a pitching pulse...romero has not looked very good in the cleanup spot this weekend...outside of Burke Yoyo and maybe Dorian not very impressed w the bats so far
I blame the coach that recruited and is coaching the players. Expect same every year until we get a good coach.

Advertisement
Another year or two of this before Rad pulls the plug??

This is brutal how it’s ground hog day with Miami baseball

Advertisement

This is my issue as well. I can handle losing 2 of 3 to a good team. But once again, it’s the manner in which it went down. Totally uncompetitive at the plate. Totally uncompetitive bullpen. Beyond frustrating

Advertisement
Torres has good velicity and a nasty curveball. With all the pitchers throwing today, at least we found a bright spot that should see an elavated role on the pitching staff.

Last edited:
This is my issue as well. I can handle losing 2 of 3 to a good team. But once again, it’s the manner in which it went down. Totally uncompetitive at the plate. Totally uncompetitive bullpen. Beyond frustrating
I agree. Not getting much from the guys that should carry the offense. There's been some hard hit balls thst the Gators made some spectacular defensive plays, but for the most part nothing.

Morales and Carrier need to get going. They're the power guys in this lineup.

The pitching staff is disappointing thus far. Dubberly and Torres looked good today. That's a positive. I think the Sunday starter role is still up for grabs.

So, if we get Dubberly and Torres performing well on the weekend along with Walter that should get 2 wins with decent hitting. We need to solidify the Sunday starter and at least 1 more reliever for the weekend.

Do you guys agree with this:

No postseason Gino is out? Or he still returns next season on hot seat

I wanted to throw up listening to the announcers say WERE YOUNG again for the 15th consecutive year
**** dude!!! A quick knee jerk reaction and we haven't even started conference play.

This is a completely different team from last year. It's going to take time before you should write anyone off.

Gino singed the #1 class in the ACC. He's not going anywhere.

I think this team will be much better next year with much of the roster being juniors and sophomores.

Advertisement
Back