Mar 6 vs Florida noon ACCN

Advertisement
**** dude!!! A quick knee jerk reaction and we haven't even started conference play.

This is a completely different team from last year. It's going to take time before you should write anyone off.

Gino singed the #1 class in the ACC. He's not going anywhere.

I think this team will be much better next year with much of the roster being juniors and sophomores.
My goodness.

This is the same thing posted Every. Single. Year.

“It’s early”
“We’re gonna be fine”
“Just give him time”

But we all know where this ends. Middle of the road #2 seed at an SEC regional site. Win game one. Get blown out by the number one seed. Win game three. Get blown out by the number one seed. Rinse, repeat.

**** dude!!! A quick knee jerk reaction and we haven't even started conference play.

This is a completely different team from last year. It's going to take time before you should write anyone off.

I think this team will be much better next year with much of the roster being juniors and sophomores.
LOL with the knee jerk reaction comment. Gino dimare is the manager. None of Gino’s teams have improved as season goes on. Same goes for late Morris years clubs. If you want to hold your hat on this year being different than all of those than be my guest. But I’m certain this is the same team we’ve watched struggle mightily for a long time. We will have a solid run of good baseball in the middle of the year only to **** the bed when it matters the most. Bookmark it please

The biggest difference between the Miami hitting and the Florida hitting is that the Florida hitters have more plate discipline. For the most part they don't swing at bad pitches and are very aggressive in hitters counts. Our hitters take too many strikes in hitters counts. Case in point was the 6th or 7th inning when Morales had a 1-0 count and the pitcher threw a mistake fastball over the middle of the plate belt high and NO swing for strike 1. Conversely, the Gators hit 4 home runs today. Florida had hit 24 HRs going into the series while Miami had 12.

Sure, Florida has a few more power hitters in the lineup. However, they appear to be better coached at the plate than we are because I see this every year. It's as though the Miami philosophy is to take a lot of pitches and get the pitcher's count up. I'd like to see this team have more discipline, but be ready to hit and more aggressive when the counts are in their favor.

Advertisement
LOL with the knee jerk reaction comment. Gino dimare is the manager. None of Gino’s teams have improved as season goes on. Same goes for late Morris years clubs. If you want to hold your hat on this year being different than all of those than be my guest. But I’m certain this is the same team we’ve watched struggle mightily for a long time. We will have a solid run of good baseball in the middle of the year only to **** the bed when it matters the most. Bookmark it please
You may wind up being right, it's just too early in the season to write off the team.

Advertisement
And a suspect offense against any teams with a pitching pulse...romero has not looked very good in the cleanup spot this weekend...outside of Burke Yoyo and maybe Dorian not very impressed w the bats so far
I’d add Kayfus to the good enough list.

For midweek I’d like to go something like:
Kayfus
Dorian
Yoyo
Burke
Romero
Perez
Carrier (in LF not RF….)
Pitelli
Long

I’d like to start Ziehl with an eye to moving him to the weekend if it goes well. Try Rosario in a setup role when healthy. Garland could then move to midweek where he can help us.

Last edited:

Agree next year should be the money year for Gino. That’ll be the end of a second chance to build a roster. Whether Rad does anything at that point is another story. “I’ve been friends with Paul DiMare for 40 years” doesn’t comfort me.

Last edited:
I’d add Kayfus to the good enough list.

For midweek I’d like to go something like:
Kayfus
Dorian
Yoyo
Burke
Romero
Perez
Carrier (in LF not RF….)
Pitelli
Long

I’d like to Ziehl start with an eye to moving him to the weekend if it goes well. Try Rosario in a setup role when healthy. Garland could then move to midweek where he can help us.
Is Rosario dealing with an injury now? I assumed he may start the midweek game this week

Last edited:
Agree next year should be the money year for Gino. That’ll be the end of a second chance to build a roster. Whether Rad does anything at the point is another story. “I’ve been friends with Paul DiMare for 40 years” doesn’t comfort me.
My expectations this year are to get to and win a regional, but lose in a super regional. Next year should be a really good squad with all the experience the young players will have. Morales will be a junior and Carrier a Sophomore. We'll need to replace Palmquist, but the staff overall should be better.

It's too bad the season got cancelled in 2020. That was Gino's real chance to get to Omaha and win a title.

Advertisement
It’s time to give Ziehl a shot at starting. Move Garland to midweek and experiment with an opener. Can’t keep running out the same
guys in the 5/6/7th that can’t get it done. We need Rosario to figure it out, or we won’t even sniff the postseason.

Advertisement
Another year or two of this before Rad pulls the plug??

This is brutal how it’s ground hog day with Miami baseball
It had better be at the end of this year - just read these posts by people that have followed the program for decades. Count me as someone who is done if a complete overhaul isn't put in place at the end of the season (and I don't care what happens the rest of the year - this staff doesn't have it).

Year in and year out we get these supposed studs and there is little if any development, sans 1 or 2 guys who want to go to the next level. Heck, many times they regress. What a S**t show after Friday.

How involved is Paul DiMare at this point and does Rad have the gravitas to fire Gino without getting trustees ****ed off?

How involved is Paul DiMare at this point and does Rad have the gravitas to fire Gino without getting trustees ****ed off?
I’m of the opinion that if the new contingent could fire Manny (apparently at the behest if many of their colleagues) and get the funds for Mario, it shouldn’t be an issue for any sport.

Agree next year should be the money year for Gino. That’ll be the end of a second chance to build a roster. Whether Rad does anything at that point is another story. “I’ve been friends with Paul DiMare for 40 years” doesn’t comfort me.
I still think his job security is absolute, like the cops need to find a dead hooker in his trunk secure. Besides the incredible amount of donations from the DiMare family, I heard Gino donates his salary back to the U, which means they have a coach working for free essentially.

Advertisement
Back