Mar 26 at Wake Forest 2pm ACCNX

Advertisement
That’s three schools.
It was just an example. I’m not saying Gino is a good coach at all. I’m just saying that much like football, a lot of the guys we’ve got on the team are overrated. Both things can be happening at once I’d guess. Coaching is awful and we don’t have the players.

It was just an example. I’m not saying Gino is a good coach at all. I’m just saying that much like football, a lot of the guys we’ve got on the team are overrated. Both things can be happening at once I’d guess. Coaching is awful and we don’t have the players.
But we have players who should be good enough to not get practically shut out for a weekend.

I think you would be pleasantly surprised what a better coach could do with this squad. (even with the terrible pitching staff.)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let’s see how we practice this week. No promises.
giphy.gif

Imo, we beat two vastly overrated teams b4 hitting this buzz saw named Wake.

We won the series against a 13-0 NCSt team that beat the likes of:
-Wagner
-Coastal Carolina
-Belmont
-Longwood
-Radford
-NJIT
-UNCGreensboro

Not exactly a murders’ row schedule.
When the schedule flipped, starting w/ us, they’ve gone 4-7 over the last 11 games.

We swept VAgTech, but again before the schedule flipped they beat the likes of:
-College of Charleston
-ETSU
-Bryant
-Radford
-Charlotte
-UMass Lowell

Once their schedule flipped, starting w/ BC, VAgTech has gone 3-7.

WF, on the other hand, has been battle tested. They’ve beaten ND, Illinois, Duke, prior to us, so I really wanted to see how we would match up. The end result is we still have a ton of work to do to be considered on of the best teams in baseball, BUT we should have a very favorable match up against FSU to put us back on the tracks. UNC will be my next litmus test.

Advertisement

-Wagner
-Coastal Carolina
-Belmont
-Longwood
-Radford
-NJIT
-UNCGreensboro

When the schedule flipped, starting w/ us, they’ve gone 4-7 over the last 11 games.

-College of Charleston
-ETSU
-Bryant
-Radford
-Charlotte
-UMass Lowell

WF, on the other hand, has been battle tested. They’ve beaten ND, Illinois, Duke, prior to us, so I really wanted to see how we would match up. The end result is we still have a ton of work to do to be considered on of the best teams in baseball, BUT we should have a very favorable match up against FSU to put us back on the tracks. UNC will be my next litmus test.
So, how many shots of litmus before we're drunk?

I hope I'm wrong...and we get hot later this year and see what happens.

But I think this team is much closer to VT, NC State and FSU then we are to Wake, NC, Louisville, UVA

FSU this week is "Ok" but Link already has them playing above their talent level. We walk into that series with a Wake hangover and they will take 2/3.

-Wagner
-Coastal Carolina
-Belmont
-Longwood
-Radford
-NJIT
-UNCGreensboro

-College of Charleston
-ETSU
-Bryant
-Radford
-Charlotte
-UMass Lowell

I was thinking exactly what @JeddTheFisch posted!

We may make a regional and get lucky to get out of it. Then say how we are making strides. You watch other teams they have a different caliber of player. Gino has had long enough but until the Light is empty he is ours.

Maybe a some day the blind squirrel will land in the CWS.

Advertisement
I was thinking exactly what @JeddTheFisch posted!

We may make a regional and get lucky to get out of it. Then say how we are making strides. You watch other teams they have a different caliber of player. Gino has had long enough but until the Light is empty he is ours.

Maybe a some day the blind squirrel will land in the CWS.
Here's my issue, and the tone of this board seems to be following a similar thought process: under Gino, we've been good but not great. We can make the postseason, but not seriously challenge for a national title. ****, making Omaha will be very difficult.

But the signs are there, this year, that we might be on the decline even from that level, i.e., we will have a winning record, but struggle to make the postseason at all.

The trajectory of the program is not good right now. This isn't to say the situation is dire: a proper hire could have us competitive very quickly. The cupboard is not bare.

The longer we continue down this path, however, the closer to "above average" the program becomes.

Sound familiar?

Here's my issue, and the tone of this board seems to be following a similar thought process: under Gino, we've been good but not great. We can make the postseason, but not seriously challenge for a national title. ****, making Omaha will be very difficult.

But the signs are there, this year, that we might be on the decline even from that level, i.e., we will have a winning record, but struggle to make the postseason at all.

The trajectory of the program is not good right now. This isn't to say the situation is dire: a proper hire could have us competitive very quickly. The cupboard is not bare.

The longer we continue down this path, however, the closer to "above average" the program becomes.

Sound familiar?
And last year if you take away the heater we went on we were a .500 program 26-20 overall and 11-10 in conference. So thankfully we got hot or last year could have been completely different. I believe after the win streak we were 14-14 overall and like 8-10 in conference play.

And last year if you take away the heater we went on we were a .500 program 26-20 overall and 11-10 in conference. So thankfully we got hot or last year could have been completely different. I believe after the win streak we were 14-14 overall and like 8-10 in conference play.
Slow start including some bad losses, we figure it out a little bit, and then flame out against the best competition. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Advertisement
Back