2025 Mantrez Walker 4* LB from Buford, GA

Yeah I don’t see Top 5 at all. I view him more as a tier 2 guy if you look at some of the other names we are recruiting hard, he’s way smaller than pretty much all of them.

Tier 1
Zayden Walker
Elijah Melendez
Tarvos Alford
Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng
Jadon Perlotte

Tier 2
Gavin Nix
Ezekiel Marcelin
Mantrez Walker
Ty Jackson
Zydarius Rainey-Sale

Just imo tho
I agree with this list. Their game film is different. If we landed Melendez, Alford and Walker it would be unreal.

Advertisement
I agree with this list. Their game film is different. If we landed Melendez, Alford and Walker it would be unreal.
Probably the biggest difference with Mario and recruiting, he’s in it for the elites but if we miss his back up plans aren’t bums and this kid is an example of why. We were routinely late on good players that wanted to be Canes because we were just weaker recruiting and went from Plan A to Plan D quick

Probably the biggest difference with Mario and recruiting, he’s in it for the elites but if we miss his back up plans aren’t bums and this kid is an example of why. We were routinely late on good players that wanted to be Canes because we were just weaker recruiting and went from Plan A to Plan D quick
Facts

Preach we were on plan Zzzz’s Str8 asleep

Advertisement
Gives me Corey Flagg vibes for some reason. Maybe it’s the frame, ranking and plays the mike for a well-known program in a major state for high school football. If we’re taking 3 LBs, I’d hope the other 2 were higher-end prospects like Alford or Boateng. With the way the LB room is shaping up and Coach Nicholson on the trail, we shouldn’t need to fall back to the tier 2 group. If anything, I’d save spots for portal guys, maybe if someone like Stanquan Clark wants to come back home.

Gives me Corey Flagg vibes for some reason. Maybe it’s the frame, ranking and plays the mike for a well-known program in a major state for high school football. If we’re taking 3 LBs, I’d hope the other 2 were higher-end prospects like Alford or Boateng. With the way the LB room is shaping up and Coach Nicholson on the trail, we shouldn’t need to fall back to the tier 2 group. If anything, I’d save spots for portal guys, maybe if someone like Stanquan Clark wants to come back home.

I'm not sure he has the green light just yet. JMO…He's interested, he's on our radar, he's from a hotbed of football talent, so may as well bring him down and treat him good.

With CMC saying Pickett will start at LB...I think we'll take 2 with an outside chance of 3 unless we start seeing Bryants, Pullmans, etc flame out and transfer. We only have 2 on the field for about 75-80% of plays. No reason for 10-11 LB on the roster. 8-9 is probably right number, then maybe there's an odd yr if you have some upperclassmen you have 10.

Advertisement
I'm not sure he has the green light just yet. JMO…He's interested, he's on our radar, he's from a hotbed of football talent, so may as well bring him down and treat him good.

With CMC saying Pickett will start at LB...I think we'll take 2 with an outside chance of 3 unless we start seeing Bryants, Pullmans, etc flame out and transfer. We only have 2 on the field for about 75-80% of plays. No reason for 10-11 LB on the roster. 8-9 is probably right number, then maybe there's an odd yr if you have some upperclassmen you have 10.
Pickett's version of "linebacker" will be as an edge in the Bera front Guidry runs..essentialy a....DE. They played Wes their a TON...

So i dont think he iwll be a true off the ball lb and if he is its doing a disservice to him and us.

Im betting on 3 lbs though as someone will portal out and injury issues etc i can see a Chase Smith though a legacy portaling out maybe when he graduates if hes not rotational.

That Pullman, Popo, Washington group they appear high on

Pickett's version of "linebacker" will be as an edge in the Bera front Guidry runs..essentialy a....DE. They played Wes their a TON...

So i dont think he iwll be a true off the ball lb and if he is its doing a disservice to him and us.

Im betting on 3 lbs though as someone will portal out and injury issues etc i can see a Chase Smith though a legacy portaling out maybe when he graduates if hes not rotational.

That Pullman, Popo, Washington group they appear high on

Agree w all of this. With the way Pickett been destroying these all star games w his hand down I still think good chance he ends up in that role

With no inside info at all. The one that i think my make a decision at some point will be Malik Bryant. But that is pure speculation.

I think 3 is just as likely as 2 this year. Jmo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back