Manny with the bat signal

Advertisement
Change of direction is the trait that will hold him back from reaching the level of the Berrios and Renfrow types as a route runner. He has explosion and strength, he can adjust to the ball and he can really block. We're not exactly hurting at the WR position so if the staff likes him for a specific role I'm okay with it.

fwiw Adam Humphries - who was a walk-on - caught 127 balls at Clemson playing with Sammy Watkins, Nuk Hopkins, Martavis Bryant, Mike Williams, Jaron Brown, Charone Peake, Artavis Scott and Dwayne Allen. So there's precedent for this archetype of player succeeding in this type of situation even if there are more talented prospects available. Restrepo is a better athlete than Hump too. The more I think about it the more I talk myself into it.

Yeah I agree. He brings more physicality and blocking to the position which is unique. Harley doesn't really do anything special so when he takes snaps it leaves you wanting more from someone else. At least with Restrepo he can give you production on quick throws to the flat while doing his job as a blocker. The other guys will eat up the majority of the targets while he still gives you something.
Whose Hump?

Change of direction is the trait that will hold him back from reaching the level of the Berrios and Renfrow types as a route runner. He has explosion and strength, he can adjust to the ball and he can really block. We're not exactly hurting at the WR position so if the staff likes him for a specific role I'm okay with it.

fwiw Adam Humphries - who was a walk-on - caught 127 balls at Clemson playing with Sammy Watkins, Nuk Hopkins, Martavis Bryant, Mike Williams, Jaron Brown, Charone Peake, Artavis Scott and Dwayne Allen. So there's precedent for this archetype of player succeeding in this type of situation even if there are more talented prospects available. Restrepo is a better athlete than Hump too. The more I think about it the more I talk myself into it.

Yeah I agree. He brings more physicality and blocking to the position which is unique. Harley doesn't really do anything special so when he takes snaps it leaves you wanting more from someone else. At least with Restrepo he can give you production on quick throws to the flat while doing his job as a blocker. The other guys will eat up the majority of the targets while he still gives you something.
What archetype is that? Being white? Seems like a pretty limiting way to look at the world, but ok.

I think it's interesting that they announced him as an Athlete, not as a WR. I don't think his position is confirmed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Per Ivins he will play defense

IF this is true, I am 110% onboard then. He screams SS to me. 5'11 190 4.58 speed, quick in space, student of the game, gym rat, intelligent, played WR so he is a playmaker on D, and isn't afraid of contact? Sign me up. Gives us leverage with Tennison if you ask me.

Maybe Diaz told Enos to go look at him as a backup option for slot WR in case Safety doesn't work out initially. Hes definitely an athlete type take.

Advertisement
IF this is true, I am 110% onboard then. He screams SS to me. 5'11 190 4.58 speed, quick in space, student of the game, gym rat, intelligent, played WR so he is a playmaker on D, and isn't afraid of contact? Sign me up. Gives us leverage with Tennison if you ask me.

Maybe Diaz told Enos to go look at him as a backup option for slot WR in case Safety doesn't work out initially. Hes definitely an athlete type take.
They took him as a athlete. He could play either. But they originally were talking to him about playing safety.

They took him as a athlete. He could play either. But they originally were talking to him about playing safety.
Yeah exactly. Ivins never said he was playing defense. It says although he was originally thought of as a WR, the coaches think he COULD also play defense. And Restrepo himself said he was taken as an Athlete, wherever they need him. It never in any way said he was solely a defensive take.

Advertisement
Back