Manny with the bat signal

Advertisement
But I think it's a safe bet to say he should be at least a solid contributor on whatever side of the ball he fits best and a Special Teams ACE...

This! One of the main things that stood out to me in watching the HUDL clip was his instincts in blocking kicks. Didn't realize it was 7 kicks though! I haven't seen kick blocking instincts like this since Tremaine Mack. I'm not saying X will be TMack 2.0, but I'm talking about instincts. I now see what @Coach Macho has been talking about when he says he's a football player.

Advertisement
He has talent and I like the commit, but your kidding yourself if you say his film impresses you, not sure he is as explosive as berrios but I definitely will look to see him live this year. You need football players on your teams, and according to teh board hes been tearing up 7v 7's im in
T
Zero problem with this pickup. Dude is a football player. He will succeed wherever we play him.
Won't play at miami

Lol @ "lacks change of direction ability" this dude is embarrassing DBs with his route running in every single highlight tape.

Advertisement
Which footage did you see per say?

In his film, one of his strongest assets is his quickness and change of direction.

Even in the above shared twitter video he make a filthy change of direction move and embarrassed the defender.

Just curious as to what lack of “change of direction you’re seeing, as I don’t quite see that on any of the videos from camps, games, etc., that I’ve seen from him?

Only thing that isn’t great is his speed, but he isn’t slow either.

Quickness/acceleration are strengths for him. I don't see the sudden change of direction like you see in the slot receivers who excel at separation from a 2-way go.

I just looked at that twitter video and while the initial speed turn outside is good the 2nd move to break upfield doesn't reveal anything because he slowed down for a few steps before the cut. What I'm looking for is wiggle/shake in the horizontal plane like Doug Baldwin or Julian Edelman excel at.

I actually think speed is a plus for him because he accelerates quickly. There are multiple clips of him generating and sustaining separation on outside vertical releases. He's just not going to outrun defenders after the catch.

What archetype is that? Being white? Seems like a pretty limiting way to look at the world, but ok.

I think it's interesting that they announced him as an Athlete, not as a WR. I don't think his position is confirmed.

Solid porst.

I guess you missed the other thread where I compared Mallory to Jared Cook and Jordan to George Kittle. Seems like a pretty ignorant move to jump to racebaiting conclusions, but ok.

I'll spell it out for you this one time. The archetype of small, physical slot receiver surrounded by superior talents.

Advertisement
Lol @ "lacks change of direction ability" this dude is embarrassing DBs with his route running in every single highlight tape.

lol @ cowardly sub-tweet porsts. Too scared to tag my name or post? Show me the clip where he's shaking a defender on an option or whip route. I'd love to see it.

lol @ cowardly sub-tweet porsts. Too scared to tag my name or post? Show me the clip where he's shaking a defender on an option or whip route. I'd love to see it.

I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for but page 4 post #66 is a clip of him and Jaydon Hill. I think he has the ability to cut and separate from defenders in space. I don't know if I have seen film of him have to fight at the line on his release. Not sure how he compares there on breaking a press.

Advertisement
You've done the same to me prior. Just taking a page from your book. It's cool, you don't think the kid is a good athlete despite his testing numbers and video showing otherwise. You're allowed to have an opinion.

He has talent and I like the commit, but your kidding yourself if you say his film impresses you, not sure he is as explosive as berrios but I definitely will look to see him live this year. You need football players on your teams, and according to teh board hes been tearing up 7v 7's im in

He's as fast as Berrios RIGHT NOW and he's already bigger. (5'10" 190lbs)

And he's far better in the open field. Restrepo has been playing around South Florida bruhs his whole life, so he has REAL wiggle, not just good shuttle times. He makes people look silly in the open field.

Advertisement
Back