Manny with David Lake - Inside the U 1/30

CaneBoss

Bossman
FWIW...Figured I would throw this out there since we have kept track of all the other opinions on the class.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2013/01/30/18/17/iSca0.So.56.MP3

First 3+ mins are just Manny ranting about how the recruiting process has got out of control. These opinions are as good as the next guys IMO.

Predictions
M. Thomas - Says its FSU-UM (shocker) and that UM has a slight lead. Miami has all the right cards in place. Will come down to whether he wants to leave Miami or not. Simple as that.
A. Collins - Said his mom wants him in Miami. Says he had a blast at UM - picks Miami
D. Kirkland - Miami all the way
S. Coley - Says FSU is the team to beat. McDonald wasn't the biggest fan of Stacey, so didn't really get on him until after McDonald left. Says too little too late.
J. Grace - Miami - says he is close to Tracy/Lewis and is just getting the NSD attention
K. Bryant - Enjoyed building the drama. FSU feels good about him. Might be a silent.
J. Botswick - Getting some info that the official visit to UM didn't go so well w/ his parents. Opened the door with Florida. Says being fr/ Miami area and being cousins with TA will help. Miami recruiting him the hardest. Official visit to FL will be big - will come down to the wire.
T. Brooks - DT - might be a Plan B type kid.
J. Cunningham - Coach McDonald like him. Miami only showing a little bit of interest. Called Vandy the leader.

Manny mentions that 70 Dade & Broward kids are committed to FBS schools - only 2 to Miami (Burns, Carter). Some coaches told him "I don't understand why Miami hasn't taken some of the kids from here."

Lake said its a tough question - that you get a lot of coaches who feel their kids should be at Miami. Miami is pressured because of their location and they can't take/please everyone. Coaches always feel their kids should get an offer. Can't say Miami has done a bad job locally, especially if they close strong.

Manny seemingly being Manny again insinuating they might not close well.

Enjoy! :neonu:

Advertisement
J. Botswick - Getting some info that the official visit to UM didn't go so well w/ his parents

So that interview where his mom gave her approval for Miami was just bull****? Yeah okay. :rolleyes:

Lol, McDonald didn't like Coley? Is that why he was the only receiver we were recruiting while he was here?

J. Botswick - Getting some info that the official visit to UM didn't go so well w/ his parents

So that interview where his mom gave her approval for Miami was just bull****? Yeah okay. :rolleyes:

"I'd said Miami wasn't an option, but now I visited - I saw how he interacted with all the players and it seemed he fit in," Jay-Ann Bostwick said. "And his heart is at the U. I really do believe he'll wind up at Miami."

"I had a great time - it's nice," Jay-Ann said. "I know the U is a school he always wanted to go to since he was a little boy. I had a great time with the players and coach Golden also. They were wonderful. Like I told them, we moved from Miami and I never even dreamed Jaynard would have gotten this far in football. Back then it was coming back wasn't an option. But now have reconsidered everything. I explained to coach Golden that I'm okay with his decision (if Bostwick picks UM). The visit put everything in a whole different light."

I just don't get where all the his visit was bad is coming from now.

I call shenanigans.

Advertisement
Ya I would def take everything this guy said with a grain of salt. There were moments where he sounded as though he was just spit balling.

That fat ****** blocked me on Twitter for blasting him about his obviously biased stories against the University.

Will not listen to that agenda ridden, pot stirring crap Manny has to say. F it.

Advertisement

"I'd said Miami wasn't an option, but now I visited - I saw how he interacted with all the players and it seemed he fit in," Jay-Ann Bostwick said. "And his heart is at the U. I really do believe he'll wind up at Miami."

"I had a great time - it's nice," Jay-Ann said. "I know the U is a school he always wanted to go to since he was a little boy. I had a great time with the players and coach Golden also. They were wonderful. Like I told them, we moved from Miami and I never even dreamed Jaynard would have gotten this far in football. Back then it was coming back wasn't an option. But now have reconsidered everything. I explained to coach Golden that I'm okay with his decision (if Bostwick picks UM). The visit put everything in a whole different light."

I call shenanigans.

Dude thank you for putting an end to all this churlishness and ***gotry.

Manny just strings together what he gets from cruising the boards. Like all of us except he gets paid to repeat everything.

Advertisement
Lol, McDonald didn't like Coley? Is that why he was the only receiver we were recruiting while he was here?

David Lake is usually very reliable

I believe that, but Coley is literally the only receiver we have been seriously looking at this whole recruiting cycle. And after McDonald left, Coley said in interviews that he had to re-evaluate Miami a little bit because McDonald was the one recruiting him from Miami. It sounded like he was really high on Miami, mostly because of McDonald.

It doesn't add up to me to say that we've only starting recruiting him and that McDonald wasn't a big fan of his.

Last edited:
FWIW...Figured I would throw this out there since we have kept track of all the other opinions on the class.

First 3+ mins are just Manny ranting about how the recruiting process has got out of control. These opinions are as good as the next guys IMO.

Predictions
M. Thomas - Says its FSU-UM (shocker) and that UM has a slight lead. Miami has all the right cards in place. Will come down to whether he wants to leave Miami or not. Simple as that.
A. Collins - Said his mom wants him in Miami. Says he had a blast at UM - picks Miami
S. Coley - Says FSU is the team to beat. McDonald wasn't the biggest fan of Stacey, so didn't really get on him until after McDonald left. Says too little too late.
J. Grace - Miami - says he is close to Tracy/Lewis and is just getting the NSD attention
K. Bryant - Enjoyed building the drama. FSU feels good about him. Might be a silent.
J. Botswick - Getting some info that the official visit to UM didn't go so well w/ his parents. Opened the door with Florida. Says being fr/ Miami area and being cousins with TA will help. Miami recruiting him the hardest. Official visit to FL will be big - will come down to the wire.
J. Cunningham - Coach McDonald like him. Miami only showing a little bit of interest. Called Vandy the leader.

Manny mentions that 70 Dade & Broward kids are committed to FBS schools - only 2 to Miami (Burns, Carter). Some coaches told him "I don't understand why Miami hasn't taken some of the kids from here."

Lake said its a tough question - that you get a lot of coaches who feel their kids should be at Miami. Miami is pressured because of their location and they can't take/please everyone. Coaches always feel their kids should get an offer. Can't say Miami has done a bad job locally, especially if they close strong.

add Thomas, Kirkland and Grace will be 5. Florida has taken 0 from Dade, FSU has 2, (Jesus Wilson and Michael Johnson, neither who were offered), Alabama 0, Georgia 0, etc, etc. That stat is very misleading about 70 kids going to FBS schools. Only 7 are going to go to major schools and we'll likely get 5 of them. Lots of those 70 kids are kids going to directional Michigan schools etc.

Advertisement

I call shenanigans.

I think (hope) that all of this is just to hype up his announcement.

Predictions

add Thomas, Kirkland and Grace will be 5. Florida has taken 0 from Dade, FSU has 2, (Jesus Wilson and Michael Johnson, neither who were offered), Alabama 0, Georgia 0, etc, etc. That stat is very misleading about 70 kids going to FBS schools. Only 7 are going to go to major schools and we'll likely get 5 of them. Lots of those 70 kids are kids going to directional Michigan schools etc.

from Broward, FSU has 1 kid, John Franklin who's a scrub. Florida has 2, one of whom is Kelvin Taylor a Gator legacy. Bama has 1, Eddie Jackson who likely won't make it in. Its not like Broward and Dade were full of high end kids this year, plus not all are interested in Miami at all, like Bosa

I call shenanigans.

Do keep in mind that this was a Gary Ferman CS Exclusive there........

Predictions

from Broward, FSU has 1 kid, John Franklin who's a scrub. Florida has 2, one of whom is Kelvin Taylor a Gator legacy. Bama has 1, Eddie Jackson who likely won't make it in. Its not like Broward and Dade were full of high end kids this year, plus not all are interested in Miami at all, like Bosa

Taylor is from Glades Day which is in Western Palm Beach County.

Advertisement
Back