Manny with David Lake - Inside the U 1/30

FWIW...Figured I would throw this out there since we have kept track of all the other opinions on the class.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2013/01/30/18/17/iSca0.So.56.MP3

First 3+ mins are just Manny ranting about how the recruiting process has got out of control. These opinions are as good as the next guys IMO.

Predictions
M. Thomas - Says its FSU-UM (shocker) and that UM has a slight lead. Miami has all the right cards in place. Will come down to whether he wants to leave Miami or not. Simple as that.
A. Collins - Said his mom wants him in Miami. Says he had a blast at UM - picks Miami
D. Kirkland - Miami all the way
S. Coley - Says FSU is the team to beat. McDonald wasn't the biggest fan of Stacey, so didn't really get on him until after McDonald left. Says too little too late.
J. Grace - Miami - says he is close to Tracy/Lewis and is just getting the NSD attention
K. Bryant - Enjoyed building the drama. FSU feels good about him. Might be a silent.
J. Botswick - Getting some info that the official visit to UM didn't go so well w/ his parents. Opened the door with Florida. Says being fr/ Miami area and being cousins with TA will help. Miami recruiting him the hardest. Official visit to FL will be big - will come down to the wire.
T. Brooks - DT - might be a Plan B type kid.
J. Cunningham - Coach McDonald like him. Miami only showing a little bit of interest. Called Vandy the leader.

Manny mentions that 70 Dade & Broward kids are committed to FBS schools - only 2 to Miami (Burns, Carter). Some coaches told him "I don't understand why Miami hasn't taken some of the kids from here."

Lake said its a tough question - that you get a lot of coaches who feel their kids should be at Miami. Miami is pressured because of their location and they can't take/please everyone. Coaches always feel their kids should get an offer. Can't say Miami has done a bad job locally, especially if they close strong.

Manny seemingly being Manny again insinuating they might not close well.

Enjoy! :neonu:

add Thomas, Kirkland and Grace will be 5. Florida has taken 0 from Dade, FSU has 2, (Jesus Wilson and Michael Johnson, neither who were offered), Alabama 0, Georgia 0, etc, etc. That stat is very misleading about 70 kids going to FBS schools. Only 7 are going to go to major schools and we'll likely get 5 of them. Lots of those 70 kids are kids going to directional Michigan schools etc.

from Broward, FSU has 1 kid, John Franklin who's a scrub. Florida has 2, one of whom is Kelvin Taylor a Gator legacy. Bama has 1, Eddie Jackson who likely won't make it in. Its not like Broward and Dade were full of high end kids this year, plus not all are interested in Miami at all, like Bosa

Taylor is from Glades Day which is in Western Palm Beach County.

so Florida has 1 then, Roderick Johnson, who I'm pretty sure we didn't offer.

Advertisement
J. Botswick - Getting some info that the official visit to UM didn't go so well w/ his parents

So that interview where his mom gave her approval for Miami was just bull****? Yeah okay. :rolleyes:

"I'd said Miami wasn't an option, but now I visited - I saw how he interacted with all the players and it seemed he fit in," Jay-Ann Bostwick said. "And his heart is at the U. I really do believe he'll wind up at Miami."

"I had a great time - it's nice," Jay-Ann said. "I know the U is a school he always wanted to go to since he was a little boy. I had a great time with the players and coach Golden also. They were wonderful. Like I told them, we moved from Miami and I never even dreamed Jaynard would have gotten this far in football. Back then it was coming back wasn't an option. But now have reconsidered everything. I explained to coach Golden that I'm okay with his decision (if Bostwick picks UM). The visit put everything in a whole different light."

I just don't get where all the his visit was bad is coming from now.

I call shenanigans.

I speak ol'black lady...she say's he a cane!

I'm tired about all these people saying we're not defending sofl, you can say that about past years but these people clearly don't know that this year, the John franklins, Jesus Wilsons, brisly estimes, Eddie Jackson's are kids that we just didn't recruit, they're acting like we've lost some battles but 80 percent of the sofl kids THAT WE WANT haven't even announced yet so these people, like manny, are being stupid

Advertisement
Lol, McDonald didn't like Coley? Is that why he was the only receiver we were recruiting while he was here?

David Lake is usually very reliable

I believe that, but Coley is literally the only receiver we have been seriously looking at this whole recruiting cycle. And after McDonald was fired, Coley said in interviews that he had to re-evaluate Miami a little bit because McDonald was the one recruiting him from Miami. It sounded like he was really high on Miami, mostly because of McDonald.

It doesn't add up to me to say that we've only starting recruiting him and that McDonald wasn't a big fan of his.

McDonald was fired? I didn't know that. I just know what see on the boards from reading casually. I must have missed that. Anybody know why? If there's a thread, please point me to it.

One of the advantages of living far from south Florida: you don't have to get consumed with the nonsense of the local media, press and talk shows. I get stuff that people send me from the various newspapers, so I'll read or skim Manny or whatever. Much easier to ignore them when you want to think of other things. And much easier to listen to other stuff besides Sileo or that retread from Imus, Sid, if he's still down there.

Back in the day, all we had was Sonny Hirsch on Sunday nights with Luther Evans, the beat reporter from the Herald. Now, that was a long time ago. There was an obnoxious caller every week named the Hurricane Creep who used to call in.

Times have changed.

Would never read or listen to a word that fat tub of goo has to say. He's a scumbag with no knowledge.

LULZ at it being McDonald's decision whether or not to recruit Coley in the first place. Like Al would leave a decision that big up to a position corch. Al wanted to make sure Coley was doing what was necessary before he started going after him hard. It wasn't McDonald's call to make.

Advertisement
I'm tired about all these people saying we're not defending sofl, you can say that about past years but these people clearly don't know that this year, the John franklins, Jesus Wilsons, brisly estimes, Eddie Jackson's are kids that we just didn't recruit, they're acting like we've lost some battles but 80 percent of the sofl kids THAT WE WANT haven't even announced yet so these people, like manny, are being stupid

It's pathetic that UM can get ripped for recruiting THE BEST players in S. FL. These local jizzbag media sources are always looking for some reason to rip UM. We should have taken commitments from a bunch of mediocre guys who we didn't want so that we could say we have more than 2 commitments from S. FL. Then, when the elite guys commit elsewhere because we don't have room what happens? Dumb schmucks.

Lake is so boring to listen to. When Bill King's show first moved from Rivals to 247 he had Lake on to talk Miami. So cot **** boring and uncomfortable on the air. I think he was on twice max and then never again.

Lol, McDonald didn't like Coley? Is that why he was the only receiver we were recruiting while he was here?

David Lake is usually very reliable

I believe that, but Coley is literally the only receiver we have been seriously looking at this whole recruiting cycle. And after McDonald was fired, Coley said in interviews that he had to re-evaluate Miami a little bit because McDonald was the one recruiting him from Miami. It sounded like he was really high on Miami, mostly because of McDonald.

It doesn't add up to me to say that we've only starting recruiting him and that McDonald wasn't a big fan of his.

McDonald was fired? I didn't know that. I just know what see on the boards from reading casually. I must have missed that. Anybody know why? If there's a thread, please point me to it.

One of the advantages of living far from south Florida: you don't have to get consumed with the nonsense of the local media, press and talk shows. I get stuff that people send me from the various newspapers, so I'll read or skim Manny or whatever. Much easier to ignore them when you want to think of other things. And much easier to listen to other stuff besides Sileo or that retread from Imus, Sid, if he's still down there.

Back in the day, all we had was Sonny Hirsch on Sunday nights with Luther Evans, the beat reporter from the Herald. Now, that was a long time ago. There was an obnoxious caller every week named the Hurricane Creep who used to call in.

Times have changed.

Not fired as far as I know....left to take Arkansas job

Advertisement
Manny should die a slow and punishing death for his U negativity. Sooner rather than later.

Manny is always negative about miami. Not sure if he dislikes us or its in his nature to be neg.

manny is mostly worthless (as are lots of beat reporters working for local papers) but calling him anti-UM is a major stretch

Advertisement
You're one of the only new posters that I actually like. Good input jruiz, keep it up bro.

FWIW...Figured I would throw this out there since we have kept track of all the other opinions on the class.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2013/01/30/18/17/iSca0.So.56.MP3

First 3+ mins are just Manny ranting about how the recruiting process has got out of control. These opinions are as good as the next guys IMO.

Predictions
M. Thomas - Says its FSU-UM (shocker) and that UM has a slight lead. Miami has all the right cards in place. Will come down to whether he wants to leave Miami or not. Simple as that.
A. Collins - Said his mom wants him in Miami. Says he had a blast at UM - picks Miami
D. Kirkland - Miami all the way
S. Coley - Says FSU is the team to beat. McDonald wasn't the biggest fan of Stacey, so didn't really get on him until after McDonald left. Says too little too late.
J. Grace - Miami - says he is close to Tracy/Lewis and is just getting the NSD attention
K. Bryant - Enjoyed building the drama. FSU feels good about him. Might be a silent.
J. Botswick - Getting some info that the official visit to UM didn't go so well w/ his parents. Opened the door with Florida. Says being fr/ Miami area and being cousins with TA will help. Miami recruiting him the hardest. Official visit to FL will be big - will come down to the wire.
T. Brooks - DT - might be a Plan B type kid.
J. Cunningham - Coach McDonald like him. Miami only showing a little bit of interest. Called Vandy the leader.

Manny mentions that 70 Dade & Broward kids are committed to FBS schools - only 2 to Miami (Burns, Carter). Some coaches told him "I don't understand why Miami hasn't taken some of the kids from here."

Lake said its a tough question - that you get a lot of coaches who feel their kids should be at Miami. Miami is pressured because of their location and they can't take/please everyone. Coaches always feel their kids should get an offer. Can't say Miami has done a bad job locally, especially if they close strong.

Manny seemingly being Manny again insinuating they might not close well.

Enjoy! :neonu:

add Thomas, Kirkland and Grace will be 5. Florida has taken 0 from Dade, FSU has 2, (Jesus Wilson and Michael Johnson, neither who were offered), Alabama 0, Georgia 0, etc, etc. That stat is very misleading about 70 kids going to FBS schools. Only 7 are going to go to major schools and we'll likely get 5 of them. Lots of those 70 kids are kids going to directional Michigan schools etc.

You should forward this to Manny and tell him to **** off.

Port St. Lucie is hardly the Miami area. It might be closer to Miami than Gainesville, but it's full of Gators.

Advertisement
Back